test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Captain class types, skills, kits, and boff powers.

projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Will Captains ever be given the ability to learn to train all powers from their expertise skill tree?

Will Captains ever be able to use the powers they can train their Bridge Officers to use, without needing a kit (which only allows for the use of ground powers)?

Will Bridge Officers ever need to use kits to use ground powers, like Captains need to?

Will Captains ever lose the "class stratification" system in favor of a "requires less energy by the players and developer's" system? Example - player reaches rank X, gets to choose between three powers for "good times had by all" from the current list of powers currently granted to specific classes only; Other example - player reaches rank X, gets all three powers to play with. The developer's only have to worry about synergy balance in either case, and the players end up with either the illusion of choice or "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO! *JOYOUS OVERLOAD OF SPAM*"

Sure we have the whole "I'm a [class] Captain who rolled a [class] Captain, I should be allowed to retain my uniqueness!" and the whole "but what about achievements that require specific captain class types" and other like issues to deal with but I do not see how the game would break if people were no long encumbered by these currently arbitrary limitations.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?