test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inconsistency, Lost Assignments, Shadow Nerfs, and some love for the non-24/7 crowd?

projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I have noticed three things with Duty Officer Assignments that are somewhat disturbing, sometimes "game breaking" experience-wise, and don't seem to lend themselves well to "supporting the game."

The first item is "Lost Assignments." Has anyone else had assignments vanishing from their DOFF assignment roster?

The second item is doff assignment inconsistency: SXP/EXP/SP payouts, even for the same assignment, are not consistent. Dilithium on the other hand is. Can we expect to have the payout schedules for DOFF assignments updated to be equalized across the board for commonality/duration/requirements in the future, or will this always be a hodge-podge?

The third item is "shadow nerfs": I setup doff assignments about once per 24 hours, on average. I noticed the 4-hour 50-dilithium payout assignments under engineering ("EVA..."), tactical ("...Riot Control...", "...Boarding Simulation...") and espionage ("Interrogation Resistance...") have had some duration of a cooldown added to them. Is this because they payout 50 success/150 crit dilithium, or are all assignments going to receive cool-downs now?

And here is concept of "Love for the non-24/7 crowd": in line with the previous item about equalizing payouts for, a duration-toggle that scales payouts for assignments being started would improve the doff experience for all players. One select a list of durations from 15 minutes to, say, 3 days (we have 3 day assignments already, why not?). The player selects their non-chain assignments (or maybe even chains with a proper tweak) and walla, they cycle at the duration selected with rewards that are adjusted to scale to the duration specified. 24/7 players scratch the "itch" of more chances at (scaled) criticals, and casuals/compulsive players get the satisfaction of this rewards-over-time system that allows for greater flexibility and less "hum-drum".
Post edited by projectfrontier on

Comments

• doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The first item is "Lost Assignments." Has anyone else had assignments vanishing from their DOFF assignment roster?
    Never seen this. Did you accidentally cancel it and lose it that way?
    The second item is doff assignment inconsistency: SXP/EXP/SP payouts, even for the same assignment, are not consistent. Dilithium on the other hand is.
    XP/CXP payouts vary based on the quality of doffs used. Purples give a bonus to this just for being purple. Mineral payouts are constant and vary only by fail/success/crit
    The third item is "shadow nerfs": I setup doff assignments about once per 24 hours, on average. I noticed the 4-hour 50-dilithium payout assignments under engineering ("EVA..."), tactical ("...Riot Control...", "...Boarding Simulation...") and espionage ("Interrogation Resistance...") have had some duration of a cooldown added to them.
    They've always been this way, far as I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Never seen the disappearing assignments, either. I can, however, confirm the other two points above.

XP amounts vary with quality of the doffs used - there's a display in the planing UI for this, the quality meter. +5% for each green, +10% for each blue, and +20% for each purple. With one exception, doff missions go up to 5 doff slots, allowing for +100% from doff quality. That accounts for a pretty substantial variation if you don't have a solid roster of purple doffs.

And virtually every assignment, at least every one with some non-CXP reward (more than the basic 5 dilithium, contraband, items, doffs), even if that reward is only on crits, has always had a cooldown. Which comes to my own final point: the extensive cooldowns in addition to long durations on most rewarding assignments already make the doff system very much the domain of the "non 24/7 crowd." Especially since the addition of department heads, the abundance of quality assignments available without even needing to move is substantial.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The amount of cxp on crit will also be increased if you get lesser rewards. The best example is "explore ruins" missions. If you get an alien artifact, you get less cxp because you got something amazing. If you got particle traces then you get more CXP.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    The amount of cxp on crit will also be increased if you get lesser rewards. The best example is "explore ruins" missions. If you get an alien artifact, you get less cxp because you got something amazing. If you got particle traces then you get more CXP.

I'm finding varied payouts for doff assignments that are only dilithium/point rewards based and it happens for crit and non-crit alike.
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    Never seen the disappearing assignments, either. I can, however, confirm the other two points above.

XP amounts vary with quality of the doffs used - there's a display in the planing UI for this, the quality meter. +5% for each green, +10% for each blue, and +20% for each purple. With one exception, doff missions go up to 5 doff slots, allowing for +100% from doff quality. That accounts for a pretty substantial variation if you don't have a solid roster of purple doffs.

And virtually every assignment, at least every one with some non-CXP reward (more than the basic 5 dilithium, contraband, items, doffs), even if that reward is only on crits, has always had a cooldown. Which comes to my own final point: the extensive cooldowns in addition to long durations on most rewarding assignments already make the doff system very much the domain of the "non 24/7 crowd." Especially since the addition of department heads, the abundance of quality assignments available without even needing to move is substantial.

The differences in some of mine are varied payouts with the same doffs. That is what is so perplexing about it.

And as for cool-downs - all cool-downs seem to start after you turn in an assignment, but I only have a handful of assignments which I run regularly that have any form of cool-down.
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A lot of assignments don't appear to have cooldowns because there are multiple versions with similar names, even though each individual version of that assignment has some amount of cooldown.
  • bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also the quality of the mission impacts the payout as well, common/uncom/rare/vr.

as far as missing assignments this has happened to me once quite awhile ago (was instigate defection) and has been reported for that same mission in the past.

cd starts when the mission completes, whether you collect it or not, which is the way it should be. I wouldn't want to wait to run the same mission again, just because I didn't log in right away to collect and start the cd.