test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble down without warning, no patch notes?

kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
Getting message " The Shard is Locked" when trying to log in. 5 minutes before that message the log in was timing out.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
-I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
-The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
Post edited by kdawgenigma on

Comments

• Options
    casiopia254casiopia254 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its nice that they post something in the forums about the tribble coming down today for an update...not.

My launcher downloaded another patch for tribble today, but the shard is locked and Cryptic has not told us anything..what gives?
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They took the server down about an hour ago, for Maintenance. They DID give warning to players who were on the server at the time.

I'm sure if there are patch notes to post, they will post them.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    They took the server down about an hour ago, for Maintenance. They DID give warning to players who were on the server at the time.

I'm sure if there are patch notes to post, they will post them.

I know that....

If you read everything I wrote, which apparently u did not, you would realize I said I also downloaded another patch for tribble, a smaller one than yesterday, however a patch non the less.

There should be patch notes for files that my computer downloaded so that I know what said computer downloaded.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yep its, locked, there is a patch to download and no patch notes to go along with it, which bugs me...

They should be posting a reason why it is down.
  • Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yep its, locked, there is a patch to download and no patch notes to go along with it, which bugs me...

They should be posting a reason why it is down.

Here you go.
  • Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [Duplicated upon merge.]
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the report, Captains. Please check out our FAQ here: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4135
    When will downtime for Tribble/Redshirt occur?

Downtime will happen on-the-fly, unlike Holodeck. This means that if we have a new patch or maintenance that needs to happen, we won't be waiting for our standard time. Instead, the maintenance will occur almost immediately, after a notification has been made to anyone playing on that particular Test Server.

If there are no patch notes posted for the maintenance, it likely means that maintenance was for something that is non-user facing and therefore would not need release notes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There should be patch notes for files that my computer downloaded so that I know what said computer downloaded.

People were just - complaining - yesterday about Cryptic putting up patch notes before the servers were available to play, and saying how they should wait until after the patch is applied, and the servers are up again.