test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uniform Parts gone after Patch!!!!!

Comments

• cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got the Tr: Unrestricted, as well. Only when I left it in that option, I could mix and match any of the clothing options. I thought my wildest dreams had come true, right up until I found that I couldn't save anything.

Of course, now I'm gonna write a Geekparty article in which I whine about how the code to mix and match clothing options clearly exists, and the mean old development team won't let me have it! *shakes fist*
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
  • thundermouththundermouth Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Today, my Federation Engineer reached lvl 50. When I tried to change his rank badge to Vice Admiral, the free uniform change would not save. I have tried several times to change it (a nexGen uniform in the first uniform slot) and it will not save. Nor will the tailor leave the free uniform change mode. I have tried to make changes to other uniforms that my Engineer has and again they will not change and the tailor will not leave the free uniform mode. I have changed map instances, tried the tailors at Starbase, DS9, and Starfleet Academy with similar results. I have logged off and logged in. Again, no changes I attempt to make will save. It is very frustrating. I hope my information is helpful. Please Devs, investigate this and fix soon. Thanks.
  • mystwraithmystwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Witchcraft! It worked. Bouth in the first city & the academy (have not tried the open slot with the fed char yet) :)
    *feels a tad stupid now*

i also am having this issue with my klingon toons, they are fine until i go into an stf, then things get mixed up, and i can not change the uniforms to what they were, some were lobi uniforms some were not.

i have tried login in and out many times changed maps etc and nothing so far works.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My KDF toon cannot put on her pre saved fleet bortasqu uniform or lobi Korath uniform.
    Can wear other uniforms like stf ones and custom ones, but those two complete uniform sets that I'd setup and saved previously could not be worn, even after zoning many times.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same issues here on my KDF character (My federation one seems allright). I have extra costume slots when I shouldn't, and I cannot wear my second costume option. It won't let me change costume, the command doesn't work when right clicking on the portrait. I cannot change it at the tailor either, even though the option is available. Relogging didn't work.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    Just wanted to update you all and thank you for your reports. The team has gained valuable information from your posts and is working on tracking this down.

EDIT: This should be resolved with tonight's emergency maintenance: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=600621
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey Bran, did they find the missing STF costume stuff, ie the KHG missing upper options? For that discussion, see this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=500511

Outside of that, my outfits are working mostly like they should, except for a clipping issue on the cropped winter jacket.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • mdwgardiner1701mdwgardiner1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok I have a similar problem.

Two extra costume slots I never purchased, can't edit the last two slots that have costumes in them. Can't wear them either.

Changing zones or relogging didn't seem to work.

Edit: This was after the patch that was supposed to sort this out
    Inner Circle / Special Circumstances
    Gardiner, Suval, Thran
    Korvak, Raketh, Xedar, Zidow
    Decis, Vesok
  • thundermouththundermouth Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Branflakes. The patch worked.
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok last nites down time sorted out my not being able to change my outfit parts. Which is a yer. But I still have a few extra slots on another toon I never brought & cannot use either
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am having this same problem with my KDF toon. I am Elite Commander from pre s-7 and have always worn the KHG costume since. Last night I was logged in til 4AM MST and my uniform was correct. Logged in this morning and I cannot change uniform, I can edit them in the tailor but it won't allow me to accesseither the KHG uniiform to actually wear, OR the Christmas cropped winter jacket I purchased.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just wanted to update you all and thank you for your reports. The team has gained valuable information from your posts and is working on tracking this down.

EDIT: This should be resolved with tonight's emergency maintenance: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=600621
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I haven't logged this character in for a few weeks, so I completely missed this thread. I just logged in today and have this problem. Obviously that emergency maintenance didn't help me. I wasn't even aware of this problem until today. Switching zones and relogging and such has no effect. I have costumes with HG and I cannot switch to them.

EDIT: Yeah I ended up with 2 outfit slots that appeared at the top of my list under my first slot. I was able to copy my honor guard outfit into there via loading the outfit. Somehow, I've been given 2 more slots that have, somehow, pushed my bottom two slots (my HG slots) into invalid territory.

I think in repayment for this ridiculous, time wasting bug, you should just let us keep those 2 extra slots. Just saying.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • vexashenvexashen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    since the emergency patch i still cannot change the costume on my fleet assault cruiser. It neither takes my money nor changes the ship
    The ORIGINAL SERIES VETERANS www.Tosfleet.com
    [SIGPIC]http://file3.guildlaunch.net/205090/DVhexishensig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Cruisers with mk x common in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82PqoFFxjc
    Cruisers with good gear in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMnFljZD9m8
    Soloing Infected Elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaEFICFx4E8&feature=youtu.be
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just logged into my KDF character, and I cant use the Fleet Bortasqu uniform, even though my character is currently wearing it.
    7NGGeUP.png

• kishodarkishodar Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've also gained 2 additional costume slots on one of my characters, and my second created costume has moved to the second last slot which cannot be worn.

http://i.imgur.com/8QorGoH.jpg

"Honor Guard" was originally in the second costume slot.
  • varintufvarintuf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Before the emergency maintenance I could not access the last 2 costume slots on one of my toons. Sadly since the update the situation is the same. The last 2 slots are winter outfits and I cannot wear them or alter them in anyway. Strangely I also have a Winter Long Coat that works fine on the same toon. The slots in question are not extra in anyway, I bought them some time ago and they seem to work fine on all of my other toons.

Looking forward to wearing my stuff again.
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still broken.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can confirm the bug still exists after recent patch.

Similar to what others have stated. 2 extra empty slots under the 1st slot. My bottom 2 costumes cannot be fitted. One is Bortasqu uniform the other it the Korath uniform.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • cptkiucptkiu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello,
    i have the same problem with my KHG outfit and with my recently customized alien captain. I hope it will be fixed soon.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can confirm the bug still exists after recent patch.

Similar to what others have stated. 2 extra empty slots under the 1st slot. My bottom 2 costumes cannot be fitted. One is Bortasqu uniform the other it the Korath uniform.

I can confirm this as well.
    BOTH of my KDF toons have been properly dressed in the character select screen, but have had incorrect uniforms when in-game even after multiple reconnects and re-zones. I was able to correct the uniforms in the tailor by reloading the clothing 'saves' I made when I changed their uniforms the last time I made them, but I'm not confident in the tailor to try to modify them further than the last save.

My faith in the QC team and the devs in fixing bugs is at an all-time low, tho they excel in creating new bugs.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • xelkhasxelkhas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Confirmed. The last patch did not fix it. Still can't wear my Winter outfit.
  • varintufvarintuf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Has there been any update on what is happening with this problem. I am missing being able to wear my winter outfits that are effected (not all of them strangely).
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mcolfart wrote: »
    Well, I'm new so I doubt I'm missing any parts - the rest is familiar though. My uniform is stuck in "TR UNRESTRICTED" and refuses to be renamed or edited, any changes I make seem fine at the time, but saving the changes just fails silently and I revert to the old uniform.

It's what?!

Okay, that explains it - a patch in S7 (not sure which one anymore) fixed the command that allowed you to access the category you say you're stuck in - by making sure costumes created in it don't save.

Thankfully, it didn't work for boffs (which is good, because you can make off-duty outfits for them - especially good on my Vorta boff, which immediately received a copy of the Vorta outfit I created for my character earlier) - but if you're getting trapped in it...

Try typing in "/costumecreator.setslottype Uniform" while in the tailor, that might override whatever strange bug trapped you in there. Won't work for off-duty outfits, or any exotic uniforms (M.A.C.O. outfits, I'm looking at you... :P) as I don't know the exact wording required to set the type, but it SHOULD work for regular uniforms or KDF players.

Anybody else with this issue, check in the slot type selector - if it's set to Tr: Unrestricted, do what I said above.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited April 2013
    Some more details:

I can see my uniform in the tailor. However, i cant change the current outfit - no matter what i do, clicking on "wear" does not change the current used uniform slot.
    Using right click on my portrait and changing uniforms does not work either.
  • erichmansteinerichmanstein Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So this bug is still happening? I bought a physical augmentation utility armor mk xi and it still shows the generic armor skin (i know its different skin i saw it on someone else and asked what it was) on my player. Even the little hide/unhide button disappears when I equip it but for other generic armors the button shows up.

Im kinda new so I don't know if thats normal or what...also my maco mk x personal armor looks just like the generic armors pollyalloy or energy ...or does it only show the armor skin when I have the set? Armor/shield/weapon...

Thx for any advice.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xelkhas wrote: »
    Some more details:

I can see my uniform in the tailor. However, i cant change the current outfit - no matter what i do, clicking on "wear" does not change the current used uniform slot.
    Using right click on my portrait and changing uniforms does not work either.

Are you sure you're on the Holodeck server? That same thing happens to me with a character I copy over to the Tribble test sever. Some outfit slots it flat out won't let me wear although I can see my uniforms/off duty outfits perfectly fine at the tailor.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So this bug is still happening? I bought a physical augmentation utility armor mk xi and it still shows the generic armor skin (i know its different skin i saw it on someone else and asked what it was) on my player. Even the little hide/unhide button disappears when I equip it but for other generic armors the button shows up.

Im kinda new so I don't know if thats normal or what...also my maco mk x personal armor looks just like the generic armors pollyalloy or energy ...or does it only show the armor skin when I have the set? Armor/shield/weapon...

Thx for any advice.

This thread was about uniform slots and uniform pieces, but I'll try to answer your question.

As far as I know, almost all personal armor have pretty much the same visuals with some exceptions. The Jem'hadar upgrade in the lobi store to upgrade the ground set will give you a special visual when turning it on in the character status screen, the regular Jem'hadar set you obtain from various episodes will have just a generic armor visual.

For the M.A.C.O and Omega ground sets, you don't need to have the whole set equipped to get the armor visuals, however, the Mk X version of the sets have just a generic armor visual. The Mk XI has a special visual of the armor but missing the gloves and helmet. The Mk XII version of the sets have a full armor visual with the gloves and helmet.

For the Mk XI M.A.C.O. and Omega ground sets, after you get the full set you unlock a project that once complete, gives you an actual uniform you can use at the tailor. The uniform unlocked is missing the gloves and helmet for the Mk XI sets. Same for the Mk XII sets except the uniform has the gloves and helmet. To access it at the tailor after you complete the project, select to modify a uniform slot, or create a uniform in an unused slot, and in the top right click the dropdown that says Uniform and select M.A.C.O. or Omega (depending on what you have unlocked through the rep system). You can customize them to a point and change their colors, though some color slots are limited to just a few colors. You can't mix and match the sets or with any uniforms or off duty wear though.
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have also been having KDF costume woes the past few days. I logged in a few days ago to find my orion female KDF general in her Honor Guard costume, which she had not been wearing prior.

When I go to try and change back into either of her other costumes, I find that I have two costume slots that I never purchased showing up in the tailor, but not the costume change UI. Changing maps does not seem to make a difference, and this has been going on for several days. I've logged in and out repeatedly.

She was originally wearing a KDF warrior's skirt and cropped winter jacket (black). Another outfit was originally a typical Orion girl loincloth affair with no special unlock parts, and at present, I cannot swap back to either of those. They still show up properly in the preview of the tailor, but I can't switch to them.

I can modify any of the costumes and the changes seem to stick, and I don't appear to be missing any unlocks, but I still can't swap out of that primary costume slot.

The only time I ever used a console command to alter a costume was in the case of my marauding BOFF, because COSTUME EDITS FOR MARAUDING BOFFS HAVE BEEN BROKEN FOR OVER A YEAR. But -she's- fine. (I don't get to edit her anymore, but she still has the appearance she had last.) It wouldn't surprise me if that had something to do with the issue, but other people have said they've never done that and are still having issues.

For the moment, I can edit my primary costume with EC if I really want a change of pace, but not being able to change outfits on the fly is a bit annoying, and randomly broken things make me very uncomfortable.
    edited May 2013
    Still the same here.
    Got 5 Slots - and the last 2 ones are unusable (cant change them, rename them or anything else).
    And i cant Switch uniforms on the fly (with those 2 slots after the first 3) - KDF Gorn here.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just checked by KDF... the honor guard has reset to the default appearance. :confused:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!