test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea: Lobi Brokers at social hubs and fleet holdings

sirsitsalotsirsitsalot Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
I was just thinking that it wouldn't be so bad if lockbox ships were also available via Lobi Brokers located at factional social hubs and unlockable for Fleet Holdings.

Consulting with one would work like a reputation project, with lobi crystals as the chief commodity used. Since these would be personal projects that only an individual participates in, they can be cancelled with a 10% cancellation fee and they get back the rest of the lobi. Or it can be reallocated with no fee. As long as lobi crystals are being reinvested in the lobi corporation, they won't care.

Ammendment to Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:
"Once you have their money, you never give ALL of it back..."

The costs of doing business with lobi brokers at factional hubs would be 10% more and the cancellation fee would be 20%. Lobi brokrs can do more for less on the fringe than they can at the heart of the Empire or Federation, what with trade embargos and political red tape and all... It would give an incentive towards unlocking lobi brokers attached to fleet holdings...

For clarity... lobi brokers would provide access to items that are associated with the lobi system, but not present on the general lobi store available from the UI. They are sort of like black market dealers operating in back rooms behind closed doors.

Obtaining Lobi Crystals still requires unlocking lockboxes, of course. But what I propose would at least permit players an option to save up their lobi for the lockbox ship they may want, but might have missed while it is being offered in a box. If the ship is being offered again, it would not be offered through the broker.

Lobi cost for these ships (or specialized item) could be calculated via a subroutine that would track the metrics of how many keyes were used to unlock it from a lockbox. Highest number sets the precedence.

I would also like to suggest that a "bag of Lobi Crystals" be added to the Z-store, sold at 150 Zen and be a fixed amount of Lobi Crystals. Essentially the average number of Lobi Crystals that can possibly be collected from a single lockbox." Or create a Zen to Lobi exchange accessible via the Lobi Broker NPCs. The Lobi Brokers could also offer DOff assignments using civilian DOffs to participate in activities that could earn the player some extra Lobi. Because these are shady activities risk of losing these DOffs would range from moderate to very high.

Just looking at ways that an element that is designed to be purely a money sink could actually factor into gameplay and add a little more depth to hub areas and our fleet holdings...

What do you guys think?
"There can be no meeting of the minds between two parties
if both parties are not willing to meet in the middle."
-Ambassador Samuel J. Stone
Post edited by sirsitsalot on

Comments

• monshmonsh Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would also like to suggest that a "bag of Lobi Crystals" be added to the Z-store, sold at 150 Zen and be a fixed amount of Lobi Crystals. Essentially the average number of Lobi Crystals that can possibly be collected from a single lockbox."

Well, the cost of unlocking a lockbox is 125 Zen, so why not just do that and get the loot + lobi?

Overall, some further ehancement to the lobi business would be welcome though. It might even be a prime opportunity to engage the latinum currency as well... lobi-latinum exchange anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dunno...honestly, once you have bank access on a holding, all you have to do is just double-click on your lobi in your inventory, and there you go, store access.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    monsh wrote: »
    Overall, some further ehancement to the lobi business would be welcome though. It might even be a prime opportunity to engage the latinum currency as well... lobi-latinum exchange anyone?

We kinda sorta do, during the winter event at least. Buy winter gift (incense, beads) set boxes with lobi, sell winter items for latinum.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, please add an unlockable Lobi vendor as a tier 1 fleet upgrade.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The problem is, even if they did do this, the only currency they would probably allow to be traded for lobi, would be zen, and it would probably be fairly large quantities of it.

Let's see 10 keys for about 1000 zen, opened boxes give anywhere from 2 to 50 lobi, but usually about 5-10. Lets assume they're generous, and say ten. Soo 10 lobi for every 100 Zen roughly.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino