test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Doff Assignments in the Current Map

grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Lately, I've been seeing assignments such as 'Appraise Reports of Trafficking in Contraband on Tazi (Fed) Sirius block' and 'Inspect Civilian Freighter (Fed) Sirius block' which are only available in a single Instance of the region, and do not show up on the same character in other Instances... This makes it difficult and confusing when sending multiple Alts off to grab the same assignment... A bug?
Post edited by grouchyotaku on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    really OLD bug, but yeah.

*hugs the cute fuzzy space ship*
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lately, I've been seeing assignments such as 'Appraise Reports of Trafficking in Contraband on Tazi (Fed) Sirius block' and 'Inspect Civilian Freighter (Fed) Sirius block' which are only available in a single Instance of the region, and do not show up on the same character in other Instances... This makes it difficult and confusing when sending multiple Alts off to grab the same assignment... A bug?

It IS an old bug, which seems to surface off and on. It has been listed as a bug and listed as fixed at least 4 times since DOffing was released, but I agree, there seem to have been more happening lately. It's not as bad as it was a few months ago, when every instance had a completely new set of missions, but the occasional Trafficking or Asylum will appear in some but not all instances.

It seems to crop up when most frequently after new releases - leads me to believe that it has something to do with generating multiple instances over a certain number. No scientific/numerical data to support the assertion, just a sense from having seen it so often.

But yeah, not sure if this bug has ever truly gone away, or if it's just more prevalent in heavy server loads. Seems to be affecting sector space more than exploration clusters, but again, just personal observation.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)