test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Awesome episode!!

gong1fu1pandagong1fu1panda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Just went through the new episode. It's awesome. Almost every character had a great voice over, really charmed up the atmosphere. Wish there was a voice over for every mission!!

Only the parts where you had to circumvent the security controls could have involved some mini-games instead of linear button klicking. But it's still better than pure guesswork.

But the Ambassador class surely is boring for a VA.
Post edited by gong1fu1panda on

Comments

• tatyanasergeitatyanasergei Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This was one of, if not THE, most 'Trek' feeling mission I have played in STO. I loved it, and have enjoyed playing it on both my Federation and Klingon characters. The voice overs were excellently done, and seeing my BOFFs in there as well was a very nice touch.
    Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
    Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester
    "The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Honestly I've felt a lot of the past voice over work was pretty poor. But they seem to have stepped it up a bit in this new mission, which is a good sign.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have to agree with the OP. One of the best missions. You pulled off the sense of urgency very well, I kept looking over my shoulder most of the time as those NPC's took their merry old time. :)

Moreover the story fit perfectly into TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise. I wasn't sure how they were going to pull off Yar still alive in that old timeline but it was done very well and I really enjoyed it. I am really going to hate seeing it disappear.

On another note, I learned from a fleetmate I missed an accolade. Is this mission repeatable?
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • tatyanasergeitatyanasergei Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have to agree with the OP. One of the best missions. You pulled off the sense of urgency very well, I kept looking over my shoulder most of the time as those NPC's took their merry old time. :)

Moreover the story fit perfectly into TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise. I wasn't sure how they were going to pull off Yar still alive in that old timeline but it was done very well and I really enjoyed it. I am really going to hate seeing it disappear.

On another note, I learned from a fleetmate I missed an accolade. Is this mission repeatable?

Mission is repeatable, and will NOT be going away. :D At the end of the event, it will just stop giving out the T5 ship reward.
    Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
    Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester
    "The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mission is repeatable, and will NOT be going away. :D At the end of the event, it will just stop giving out the T5 ship reward.
    That's cool, I'll be looking forward to it. The problem with voice overs is they have to pay talent for it so I wouldn't expect to see too much of it any time soon. It's too bad thing were so laggy today, might it a little harder to enjoy things, but this mission was very well done.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • akrilonakrilon Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I rarely take the time to logon to the forums, but I felt obligated to thank you all for this awesome episode :D Featured episodes are hands-down, my favorite content in this game, and I wasn't expecting anything nearly as awesome as what you delivered here.

As others have stated, the voice talent was terrific, the story was very "Trek", and the new gameplay elements, such as crawling through the maintenance shafts with nothing but a hand-drawn map was nothing short of awesome. It was the perfect length for an episode as well, if you take the time to interact with everyone around.

Thumbs up... I'll proudly be showing this to some of my non-STO playing friends to win them over :) I can't wait for missions of this same caliber in Season 8.

Thank you again!
    faddc0e2956f1903cb9ac9197fb10cd8_large.png
  • malnificentmalnificent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Want to add my voice to the parade of appreciation for this 3yrs anniversary episode.

What I enjoyed most was simply looking around. For the first time in a long time, I didnt just run through the environment. It wasnt because this ep is brand new that I took time to soak it in ... it was because the map and visuals were excellently done. Bravo!

My only selfish ask now is how can these tool be pushed more quickly to the Foundry? I think Cryptic should hold back graphical surprises for when they release new eps, but once their out it would be cool to see what the community would do with them? Inside of a Tholian base? New twist on a mining operation? The potential for this community to use these new toy to give back really excited my hopes for the longevity of STO.

I digress ...

Thanks Cryptic and all involved for this and all you do. Congratz and Happy 3yrs!
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was pretty impressed by the quality and creativity in this mission. I don't know how you did it Cryptic, but you even got a different character on my account to be in the mission as well. Great job :D
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There were so many epic moments in this mission I almost lost my voice from cheering so much. Commanding the Enterprise-C was awesome, and that Wells-class ship one-shotting a Tarantula was so unexpected and so epic I almost cried.

If future missions are that great, the future looks bright for STO.

Only question: does my character remember the events of the mission, or were his memories of the new timeline wiped clean by the 29th century Starfleet? It seemed kind of ambiguous.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • heyolejonnyboyheyolejonnyboy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great mission... You should use this as a template for future episodes... Felt like I was playing an episode of star trek!!!
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree, i really liked this mission, the voice acting, the Star Trek feeling, the wisdom of the Elder Tribble :P... i hope we will have more episodes like this one in the future
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Even without Denise Crosby's vocal part (or even without any canon characters at all), this would have been one of the best episodes in the game.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Only question: does my character remember the events of the mission, or were his memories of the new timeline wiped clean by the 29th century Starfleet? It seemed kind of ambiguous.

I guess the memory was wiped clean. Hence the scanning of the anomaly at the end. One minute something was there, then it wasn't. Just like at the end of the TNG episode "Yesterdays Enterprise".

Totally awesome mission! More like this would make the future of STO totally EPIC! Loved it! :)
    Felt like I was playing an episode of star trek!!!

I couldn't agree more!
  • hushiforumhushiforum Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have to dissent here; it's this episode that really finalized my decision to walk away from the game.

You get the actual actress of a fondly-regarded character and waste her on this? I'm not exactly thrilled to be complicit in sending one of my favorite characters to her demise. It's even stated in the dialogue that her death was meaningless -- but as usual with Star Trek, there's this smug insistence that this is the best possible universe, because heaven forfend anything be mended...even in a game where it would be easy to handwave it.

I liked 'Yesterday's Enterprise' back in the day, because there was always that hope against hope that Tasha might pull through after all and, someday, meet up again with the Enterprise-D and its crew. It was a bit of hope that a character very poorly treated -- outright wasted -- by a poor writing team, in one of the outright worst episodes of the entire franchise, might be able to pull off a sort of roundabout return. Of course, later episodes ruined that (another off-putting factor), but seriously? Don't ask me to become a part of something like that. It was a depressing mission that wasn't even long or involved enough to be immersive. And it seemed much the opposite in fact, with my character presumably not recognizing that something was wrong or even remembering later. That takes me right out of any immersion with a character.

In this attempt at continuing the Star Trek universe, it seems like STO delights in nothing quite so much as depressing once-fans with stories and shock moves of questionable taste.

So goodbye. I'd rather not have every new mission be an exercise in disappointment and what appears to be a sadistic creative team.
  • chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hushiforum wrote: »
    I have to dissent here; it's this episode that really finalized my decision to walk away from the game.

You get the actual actress of a fondly-regarded character and waste her on this? I'm not exactly thrilled to be complicit in sending one of my favorite characters to her demise. It's even stated in the dialogue that her death was meaningless -- but as usual with Star Trek, there's this smug insistence that this is the best possible universe, because heaven forfend anything be mended...even in a game where it would be easy to handwave
    So goodbye. I'd rather not have every new mission be an exercise in disappointment and what appears to be a sadistic creative team.

Lol u mad coz of a stowwy?

Well kthxbai, can i have all yr stuff?

Kidding aside, it extremely entitled of you to be displeased coz YOU were denied a neat runabout story, not everything can have a happy ending.

Thought the ep was a great addition to sto and a benchmark for future ep!

Hope cryptic can clear this bar for the season 8 FEs!