test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Now that the first 40 years of Trek fans have been abandoned and the timeline erased, I really could care less.

Quoted from first link, bout sums it up for me.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I never saw the reboot. I won't see the the next one and I won't be buying the new game. I actually regret wasting money buying this one three years ago.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • mozohamozoha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bloctoad wrote: »
    I never saw the reboot. I won't see the the next one and I won't be buying the new game. I actually regret wasting money buying this one three years ago.

And yet you are here....

Seen a lot of movies and played a lot of games over the last 10 years and though Trek may not be as GREAT as it ever was, it is still Trek and better than 90% of the mass media shoved down our throats.

No offense, it is odd that your here though if you hate it so.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Star Trek Online? Always!

J.J.Trek and any related issues of anything to do with it? I'm running away as fast as I can, it screams 'ebola' to me. :eek: :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mozoha wrote: »
    And yet you are here....

Seen a lot of movies and played a lot of games over the last 10 years and though Trek may not be as GREAT as it ever was, it is still Trek and better than 90% of the mass media shoved down our throats.

Well someone has to stick around to witness the great lengths Dan Stahl will go to rid the playerbase of the remaining Klingons.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Gorn!
    And the original trailer looks like it has a Hideki Cardasian attack ship in it. Also the second trailer looks like STO look at the armour and guns.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mozoha wrote: »
    And yet you are here....

Ya, might have to reinstall SWG since there are servers again. And KA has been calling my name recently.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Come, come, Mr. Scott. Young minds, fresh ideas.

Seriously, I have a feeling that anyone under about 20 considers JJ Trek to be the "real" trek.

Could be wrong. Don't really know any 20 year olds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Come, come, Mr. Scott. Young minds, fresh ideas.

Seriously, I have a feeling that anyone under about 20 considers JJ Trek to be the "real" trek.

Could be wrong. Don't really know any 20 year olds.

Hi a 20 something year old I am and I don't consider it that. I consider it Trek for the lowest common denominator.
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi a 20 something year old I am and I don't consider it that. I consider it Trek for the lowest common denominator.

Oh good. I was beginning to lose hope in today's youth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As the game opens, the U.S.S. Enterprise is sent to investigate a space station under duress. The station has been tasked with research on the New Vulcan colony project, developing a new home world for Spock?s species, whose home planet was destroyed in the last film.

But as Kirk and Spock explore the station, they learn something has gone very wrong. The Starfleeet commander in charge of the station has attempted to exploit a risky new technology that has ripped open a wormhole in space, which serves as a doorway for the invading Gorn

They're obssessed with wormholes!
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]