test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Down time compensation.....

litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
First off we all know things break, fail or just decide to go **** up when they want.

Yes the devs are trying to fix the problem and this can take time.

But, I as a gold subscriber I pay for a game to be available to me and in the last two days I've got less than a hours worth, in fact more trying to log on than playing!

Can paid subscribers gold and lifers get a little compensation?

Usualy I wouldn't ask but today they are testing the problem on a live server without in forming us before hand. I'm not a beta tester, I'm a paying customer. Testing on the server while we are playing on it is not on without telling us. If we new and had drop outs stalls and no loading levels we would know what's going on. His has caused alot of frustration and annoyance to the playing community.

Oh well bet his falls on deaf ears.......
Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
Post edited by litchy74 on

Comments

• encadiencadi Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey i was wondering if any admin could confirm paying customers (subscription+lifetime) Could have some kind of compensations for the large ammount of subscribed hours outages we have ahd these days?

Thank you very much
  • mikey5timemikey5time Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Go read the terms of service than hurry back.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To be specific...
    18. Interruption of Service

(a) PWE reserves the right to interrupt the Service from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that PWE will not be liable for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE, and PWE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. PWE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
    (d) PWE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a) or (b).
    http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

And by continuing to play STO is counted as agreement to these terms...
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    HA! Compensation! That's adorable. :lol:

I imagine the user agreement pretty much absolves them of any obligation to provide you with anything on a reliable basis, and they aren't going to voluntarily set the precedent that'll have half the player base screeching for free loot every time a server hiccups.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I couldn't play STO earlier today because I actually talked to another human being face to face. I think I should get ome free Zen for this too while we're at it. Five or six thousand should probably do it.

EDIT: as you can see from the posts above, these threads turn into nothing but a giant troll and flame fest. Thanks for your feedback, and I will pass it along for consideration :) -Brandon

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    encadi wrote: »
    Hey i was wondering if any admin could confirm paying customers (subscription+lifetime) Could have some kind of compensations for the large ammount of subscribed hours outages we have ahd these days?

Thank you very much

As frustrating as it is, I don't think there is going to be any special compensation. The fact of the matter is, occasional unplanned downtime is to be expected with an MMO... and STO is pretty good about keeping it very occasional.

Having said, that if the devs want to give me, say, a Veteran Bridge Officer requisition ticket as a mea culpa, I defintely won't turn them away ;)
  • andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No.
    18. Interruption of Service

(a) PWE reserves the right to interrupt the Service from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that PWE will not be liable for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE, and PWE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. PWE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
    (d) PWE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a) or (b).
  • encadiencadi Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not HAVING TO do something doesnt mean you SHOULD NOT do it =)

Would show that they actually care for the people who pay them every month
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In before the lock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mine got locked asking for they same thing, a little good will from the devs would be nice.

EDIT: as you can see from the posts above, these threads turn into nothing but a giant troll and flame fest. Thanks for your feedback, and I will pass it along for consideration :) -Brandon
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
This discussion has been closed.