test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re-spawn at the fleetbase

littlemonchichilittlemonchichi Member Posts: 103 Arc User
edited January 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I know its only a small detail, but it is disturbing me very much:

if you beam out on esd for PvP and come back you are on esd.
if you log out a time/days and you log in again you are still on esd.

if you beam out from the fleetbase you are at your return/beam back in sector space?!

this feels wrong!

the only place in game where you never return from your starting point *bleh* :confused:

again a reason for not stay/visit the fleetbase more often :(
"Be excellent to each other and Party on Dudes!"
Post edited by littlemonchichi on

Comments

• chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i agree. Really annoying but won't be fixed anytime soon.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen in a Foundry mission or in an exploration cluster mission (maybe even regular story missions?).

Without knowing the back-end specifics I think it's because none of those (including the fleet bases) are Persistent zones that are 'always on.' They get loaded into server memory only when someone requests to enter them so they don't count as valid 're-spawn' areas or something to that extent.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • kevaldtkevaldt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Agreed here, there should be a way to make it so you can respawn at the fleet base, i would hang out at mine all the time if they would make this possible.

Could be as simple as making it so if you are the only one there and go do an STF or Fleet event that when you start loading back in it pings the server and restarts the base midload so you can go back.

Wouldnt be too much different from how the procedural patching works, the game checks the server for the intended destination and if active beam in, if not active create instance and beam in.

The patcher does a similar check when loading an area to see if there are updates to be done.
    [SIGPIC]InGame - @Darth_Tauri[/SIGPIC]
    Joined - 9/2011
    "You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Starbases run off the same kind of system as ship bridges. It only exists if you actually go there, or get invited.
  • littlemonchichilittlemonchichi Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    but comparing the fleetbase with a nebula or a ship bridge is very painful :(

Don't get me wrong - the fleetbase is thought as social place like esd or drozana and since releasing the fleetbase system they never ever updated it.
    This is not the way people become motivated to visit this place or even make this "homefeeling" at the academy or esd.

the fleetbase is still handled like a stepchild of the devs....a very very expensive stepchild.

since releasing player want more reasons for visiting the fleetbase.
    Mini Games and so on.
    still no exchange at TIER III ??

Even the d'kora bridge offers an exchange and a mini game.

Why not a social room with a poker room, dabo table and so on?

The ideas of the devs are excellent, but after releasing i never saw something 100% finished.
    only a little bit fixing here and there.
    the community have been so happy and busy with the q-event - why not such happenings at the fleetbases?

i can't understand.
    it could be so easy :confused:
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually the temporary locations like the bridge and fleet starbase will persist for about 5 minutes after you leave it. Then it gets unloaded from the server. This is done to reduce server load and has been done in online games going all the way back to Everquest.

I've switched characters from one on the SB and when I switched back a couple minutes later they were still on the SB. If I leave it for any length of time it drops me back to the sector space.
  • littlemonchichilittlemonchichi Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i know the technical reasons for this "bug".
    but i have 0% understanding for it.

its not my job to solve such problems.
    to warp in the fleetbase from *wherever* and log out and appear again at your first destination is wrong!

and it dont become less wrong with any explainations how or why this is.

you want to make us accepting the fleetbase as home?
    it isnt our fault that it isnt it our home!

we have to move mountains of resources and spend our heartblood into the fleetbase and there should be no way to respawn at the fleetbase?
    i have really no understanding for any technical problems - really!
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I havent used the starbase since season 7 started only because quite frankly grinding for Omega marks and romulan marks means leaving New romulus as pointless at the moment when I'm on Tier 5 romulan rep then maybe I will head back there but somehow since there is nothing really there to do I probably will just skip it.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]