test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More options for Rom/Omega Marks(a suggestion)

allen78j20stoallen78j20sto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
I have noticed that in order to get some of the gear, I need 500 marks for this piece then x3 for the set(1500). To do this thing you need 250 etc etc etc. Looking at the game I havent noticed too many options for Rom marks (for the way I play the game). I dont like New Romulus, its a grind, over and over again. So i dont go there. Defera, dont go there. Tholian planet, dont go there.

Basically I want to gain marks my way and how or where I play.

When you run episodes, you get options at the end, I would like to see this(example):

Choose your Reward:

Personal Shield MkX
Impulse Engine MkX
Pulsewave Rifle MkX
5 Romulan Marks
5 Omega Marks

This way I can run any mission I want, play the game how I want, and get the options at the end of the mission to get the gear, dil, xp points, and the type of marks I need.
Post edited by allen78j20sto on

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't think any old missions should grant Romulan and/or Omega Marks.

Maybe Romulan themed missions grant Rom Marks, and Borg themes missions grant Omega Marks?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Have to agree with psychotic. Romulan missions should grant the choice between Romulan and Fleet Marks and Borg and maybe Undine missions should grant the choice between Omega and Fleet Marks.
  • Options
    allen78j20stoallen78j20sto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I thought about that when I was typing it out, and I agree. It used to be annoying getting a ferengi lock box during a borg mission or any mission for that matter that didnt have ferengi's in it. But I finally accepted that the ferengi box, or whatever box was the flavor of the season, and it was everywhere, so my thinking on the marks being available everywhere was along the same lines.
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Five days of Epohh tagging in a team for a couple of minutes, followed by five days of breeding Epohhs to Elder status nets you 400 Romulan Marks.

Stagger your activities on New Romulus and you'll get 1600 RM's in 25 days. And you're only spending five minutes each day on these activities, too, leaving you plenty of time to play other content.

ISE on elite nets you 75~115 OMs if you complete the optional.

Therefore, I see no need for additional method of earning RMs or OMs.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Reputation Marks are different from lockboxes. Basically they are a currency that represents the favor that you have obtained from a particular organization. So defeating a bunch of borg would help Task Force Omega, but New Romulus doesn't care that you killed a bunch of borg. Just like Task Force Omega doesn't care that you are killing a bunch of Tal Shiar.

On second thought, I don't even think Romulan missions should reward Romulan Marks since killing Romulans would be frowned upon by New Romulus even if they are Tal Shiar.
  • Options
    admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Dont you guys know the key to getting all the Marks to buy that great gear is to chase Bunny Wabbits. They just need to make the Daily Red alert a mission instead. Its broken anyway and no one can get into it. So just put it in the PVE queue and reward 50 marks for it.
  • Options
    delsabereduxdelsaberedux Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I made enough Romulan marks just from feeding the winter Epohhs to the glue factory, I mean, GPL converter, to get my main and an alt up three reputation levels. And that was just from the normal Elders, not any of the Elders with silly bows or whatever.

That said, diversification of income is never a bad thing so long as it doesn't spread the playerbase out too thinly. I think the aforementioned idea of adding RM rewards (perhaps optionally rather than on top of what's already there) to the existing Romulan Front episodes is a great idea, either in first-run or as a replay-only feature for max-level characters. Ditto for the Omega stuff.

Also, it would set a useful precedent just in case KDF/Starfleet and Cardassian reputations are added down the line, same deal would go for those episodes too. Suddenly, everything in the game would have a lot more replay value.
    Relax.