test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

chat logs?

grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Academy
can someone tell me where the chat logs are stored for STO? i checked my games file in my documents and in the STO game folder but i cant find any of the chat logs.
Post edited by grtiggy on

Comments

• mbp101287mbp101287 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised if chat logs were stored locally due to privacy issues. Cryptic may have copies, but not us.
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    privacy would be a dumb reason considering we would be the ones reading them and what was said was said for everyone to read unless it was in a private conversation, i mean on my EVE game i got chat logs from all my channels all nicely time stamped and ready for me to search up, why is this game that came out only a year or so ago still feeling like a game released 15 years ago?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Privacy is never a dumb reason, only the implementation or rather, lack of.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • mbp101287mbp101287 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    grtiggy wrote: »
    privacy would be a dumb reason considering we would be the ones reading them and what was said was said for everyone to read unless it was in a private conversation, i mean on my EVE game i got chat logs from all my channels all nicely time stamped and ready for me to search up, why is this game that came out only a year or so ago still feeling like a game released 15 years ago?

Actually, it's been almost 3 years, as they are gearing up for the 3 year anniversary.
    anazonda wrote: »
    Privacy is never a dumb reason, only the implementation or rather, lack of.

Ah, a voice of reason!
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've always assumed that as long as you don't log out of your active game session, you can just copy and paste the contents of your chat window into an external text file.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.