test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega Force Hyper-Impulse Engine still bugged.

danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The Omega Force Hyper-Impulse Engine is still not providing the 100% recharge reduction time to Slipstream. Timer remains the same with or without it equipped.
Post edited by danqueller on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Confirming that this continues to be broken. The engine is not providing the 100% recharge reduction that is one of the primary abilities of the engine.
  • Options
    heero139heero139 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've noticed that a lot of "reductions" (especially those related to time) in this game really function as "rate increases", so 100% would function more like this:

new cooldown = 100/(100+"reduction") * old cooldown

which in this case would be 1/2 * old cooldown.

At least for me, the omega engine reduces the cooldown from 2 minutes to 1 minute. This seems to show that the engine isn't non-functional, but rather that whoever wrote the tooltip phrased it incorrectly.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    heero139 wrote: »
    I've noticed that a lot of "reductions" (especially those related to time) in this game really function as "rate increases", so 100% would function more like this:

new cooldown = 100/(100+"reduction") * old cooldown

which in this case would be 1/2 * old cooldown.

At least for me, the omega engine reduces the cooldown from 2 minutes to 1 minute. This seems to show that the engine isn't non-functional, but rather that whoever wrote the tooltip phrased it incorrectly.

I have tested it since the bug first appeared, at least two patches ago.

Without engine installed, cooldown = 2 min.
    With engine installed, cooldown = 2 min.

Therefore, the cooldown is not being applied at all.

Tests performed on both an Odyssey-Ops and Excelsior.

And before the bug, the engine was granting the 1 min cooldown noted, so I know the engine itself is a working unit (i.e. the individual engine being used was providing the benefit until the patch, so it isn't that the engine never worked, but the patch which somehow broke Omega Impulse Engines).
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Tested again after yesterday's patch. Still non-functional.

Will test again after today's patch.
  • Options
    runescarreddrakerunescarreddrake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just an update for anyone who may be wondering: After 2 years these engines still have not been fixed. They haven't even changed the text on the engines to avoid TRIBBLE over more people who spend their time and resources to get them.
  • Options
    nessuno#3472 nessuno Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    One more update: After 15 more months, nothing has changed.
  • Options
    glenn#1579 glenn Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Still not fixed. It does give me a reduction from 1min to 40 secs but I spunked away a lot of resources to buy that engine.