test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LTS has NOT spent any RL $$$

124»

Comments

• foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cryptic's manipulation of how dilth is obtained and used in-game has a direct result of how the marketplace runs......so i would say syberghost was spot on.......cause and effect.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mvaiks wrote: »
    The Dilithium exchange is player driven, there is no doubt about it but not the supply and demand.

Supply and demand of dilithium is driven by Criptic. It doesn't mater if there is more dil ore available today than before S7 because the same CAP persists. If you can only refine 8000 a day and all fleet, reputation, dil store items cost dilithium than the market as a whole is not player driven.

A lot of items became more expansive dilithium wise, all new items offered on the fleet and reputation systems cost a lot of dilithium and that was not the reality before.

Before the new system we had the store on DS9 that was the only place to get the best gear. The gear used to cost EDC, rare and prototype salvage and tech only and you could keep the dil. Now those items cost dilithium also.

So, what Criptic did was remove your ability to get top gear in a timely fashion and replaced it with a cruel dilithium grind. Before, when you ran a STF on Elite you got 1 or 2 EDC, 1440 dil, some rare or very rare salvage and maybe a tech. That salvage could be traded by a MK XI or MK XII very rare weapon. A full borg set used to cost 15 EDC (5 EDC a piece).

Now, a MK XII weapon from the rep store costs almost 30k dil (3.75 days of ref. cap). A MK XII borg set costs 97.500 dil (more than 12 days of ref. cap), 2700 Omega Marks (almost 30 elite STFs with optional) and 15 BNPs.

That is the same as if a say to you: Your monthly salary will remain 10.000 dollars but this car's cost will go from 20.000 to 200.000 dollars starting tomorrow, and I'm the only car dealer in the world. Have a nice day!

This is the best explanation I've read.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    WOW!!!! I did not expect to get this kinda of response let a lone a Dev posting...I thank Branflakes for his posts and explaining that the Dilth store is player driven NOT Dev driven.
    I also applaud everyone else for their responses on this subject. Apparently there are others that were/are bothered with the Dilth Store prices.

To the person who question my expendatures in the Z store..yes...I do play STO and do "not" buy everything...just the stuff that was/is worth buying..."to me"...HOWEVER...to get lobi crystals I need to buy keys to open lock boxes for the Lobi's so I can purchase stuff from the Ferengi Trader on Drozana.

I have 15 toons...they take ALOT of TLC to make them happy...:)

I Do Not have issues spending RL money to support STO when "I believe" we are being treated fair and NOT being take advantage of...ie:The Dilth Econ...Branflakes has cleared up the Dilth Store issue for me. I am satisfied with his response

Overall I am very Happy with STO, but every once in a while, The Gold/LTS members need to speak up and let PWE/Cryptc/STO know that we are NOT drones and will only put up with silly nonsense for so long, before we melt down.

Qa'pla
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010