test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

sell one, sell the other

partsourcepartsource Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Starbase vendors. I can go to the EC vendor and buy stuff using EC and sell stuff using EC.

By the same logic, the DIL vendor right next to him sells me stuff, and in equality I should be able to sell my gear to him in kind for dilithium!!.

If EC and DIL are both "primary currency" in the game, then shouldn't we be able to RECEIVE them as such?
Post edited by partsource on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The answer(s) is(are) rather simple:

The Dil Vendor sells "above and beyond normal gear", The EC vendor does not.

The EC is a currency that is subject to extreme inflation... Several people (including me) are in no short supply of EC, and will likely never become short of it.

Dil on the other hand, is a in-game currency that (sort of) has a real life value, as you can trade it into a currency based on real money.
    That is also why the Dil is gated to 8000 pr. day, so that no matter how much dil ore you get, the market will always remain under relative control, and will never become subject to the same rate of inflation, that EC has had since day 4.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • haravikkharavikk Member Posts: 278
    edited January 2013
    While you could argue being able to sell back items you bought with dilithium, there's no way dilithium based vendors will ever buy absolutely anything from you.

Maybe if purchased items could be tagged as purchased with dilithium, and purchased by you, so that if you return to the vendor with items that you purchased with dilithium, you could trade them back in for at least some dilithium in return. Basically only you could sell back items that you bought, anything sent via mail or sold on the exchange would be sellable for energy credits only.

This would help at least to reduce the cost of swapping high level item sets, without being exploitable by anyone simply grinding easy to obtain items.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can you sell back Dilithium-obtained gear to a normal vendor for EC's?

(Never tried it, the answer is probably 'no', but thought I'd ask...)
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Depends on the gear but sometimes. Most items are simply spawned with preset stats.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg