test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mail system revamp needed

grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
i think we have all known the mail system is pretty dire as it is already but after actually trying to use it for general fleet stuff, it became even more obvius and just dam right insulting as hell that a game in this day and age has such a basic system so poorly implemented so here are some things that i propose changed about it.

---folders and subtabs---

The most basic of any kind of mailing system is being able to sort mails into various folders for sorting and reading rather than having all your mails in one long annoyingly long list, and im pretty sure over half of those are expired exchange mails with your items in them that quite honestly shoudl not even be in the mailing system and should be another system within the exchange entirely, that thats for another topic.

there should be a seperate folder for the following.

Friends
fleet
Mailing lists
Exchange (although should not be clogging up the mail system)

also custom folders to arrange any mails you wish to keep for reference.

---mailing lists---

you should be able to create mailing lists to be able to send information about certain thigns to certain people without having to input everyone you want to send it to individualy every time you want to send such a mass mail for example if you want to send a mail to your command staff in your fleet, or to squad captains and the like or to a certain division you should be able to do so and not have to faff around with adding everyone individualy to your new mail.

---fleet mails---

first and foremost and what prompted me to post the whole thing is the completely ludicrous limit of only 1 fleet mail can be sent per day..... for whoever sends the mail first.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for this limit that i could possibly think of, and to make it even worse, then i need to send a reasonably amount of information to my fleet, i cant because there is a character cap on the mail and i cant send a part 2 of the mail untill the second day and you can probably understand how frustrating that is.

as well as the removal of these limitations to fleet mails, the ability to have a mail or small number of mails automatically sent out to new recruits. these mails will usually consist of general knowledge that new recruits need to know, like who the people they need to contact are for different purposes and also TeamSpeak details with step by step instructions on how to get it working and setup and any other details needed for new recruits.

another needed feature is for any existing fleet mails to be sent to new recruits automaticly so that if any events were on them recently they can be made aware of it without folks needing to send additional mails, not saying they cant just look up the calander or events section of the fleet, but the more methods of notifying your fleet memebrs of up coming events the better.

there were some other stuff i wanted to add but i cant remember now cause im tired but yea... another list of things that would help the game but will never get implimented... untill maybe Star Trek Online 2.
Post edited by grtiggy on

Comments

• Options
    haravikkharavikk Member Posts: 278
    edited January 2013
    I absolutely agree about exchange mails; there should just be a separate tab or something for expired listings with quick buttons for re-listing or taking the item back. What's even more annoying is having to go to a mailbox just to take back your items to re-list them! So I can magically send my items to the exchange but I can only do it the other way around if I buy something from it? Doesn't make any sense at all. Exchange sale mail should also be under another tab in the exchange for successful sales, with a top of screen note when the sale is successful (or you login).

Other than that I don't get much other mail, but folders for friends, fleet etc. would be a good step.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how about it lettimg you copy and paste from the mail that way we could send usefull info to (e,g walkthoughs or forums posts to fleet members)
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Many of us already use the mail for secondary storage- I have a couple hundred doffs in "limbo"- so Cryptic is probably (and rightly) worried that if they make it too easy to sort and folderize things in the mail, no one will ever buy bank slots again.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Many of us already use the mail for secondary storage- I have a couple hundred doffs in "limbo"- so Cryptic is probably (and rightly) worried that if they make it too easy to sort and folderize things in the mail, no one will ever buy bank slots again.

this is why i think the item mail and exchange stuff shoudl be in a compleatly different place from the mail system and sortable.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    how about it lettimg you copy and paste from the mail that way we could send usefull info to (e,g walkthoughs or forums posts to fleet members)

we can already do that unless they broke it again.

what we need is a multiselect for mass deleting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »

what we need is a multiselect for mass deleting

Dam i almost forgot about that thanks for the reminder :-P