test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Free MMORPG of 2012

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Star Trek Online has won the "Best Free MMORPG 2012" award from MMORPG Center! Thank you to everyone who voted and for your continued support of STO. We can't wait for you to see what we have planned for 2013!

Link to the awards page.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hooray and 'Qapla!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Despite my constant complaining and whinging about it, this game is actually pretty damn good.

I've played TSW, ToR, WoW and a couple others, yet I keep logging in here. I'll start a new MMORPG and find that it lacks a key feature that STO has, or the controls can't be jiggered to use a gamepad or SOMETHING. And I end up coming back here.

My only wish: Less grinding, far far more action-storytelling. MORE MISSIONS.

Congrats to the entire Cryptic and PW team for winning this award. You did something right... though I will never EVER admit that I said this. :P :cool:
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    congratulations, my applause are somewhat sarcastic.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congratulations!... and no, i'm not being sarcastic :)
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A deserved reward. Congrats to the team!
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congrats! And one of those rare times I agree with one of these awards hehe...
    Wow, I'm actually surprised that this game took an award home. I guess every other F2P MMO out there just has a myriad more problems than this one.

Don't let it go to your heads. :P

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • betawatcherbetawatcher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    While I definitely enjoy this game, it should be noted that this isnt really an "award", it was just a voting contest. People could repeat vote every day, so it just turned out that STO had the most repeat voters out of all the other games in the running. MMORPG Center didnt actually pick STO to give this reward to.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2013
    Thank you! :::bows deeply::: Thank you!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I voted there so of course it won :D
  • sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    radkip wrote: »
    Wow, I'm actually surprised that this game took an award home. I guess every other F2P MMO out there just has a myriad more problems than this one.

Don't let it go to your heads. :P

I've played the other F2P games out there, there is not one that can compare to STO. The level of commitment that the Dev community has to this game puts it on its own level. No other game is a generous to its free players as STO, and no other game out there continues to improve on the drastic level that STO has been improving, and trust me, they need to.

This title is well deserved, congrats STO.
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My felicitations to you and yer fellow Cryptic-ites. :D

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakesOK..

Well, I see that got completely misunderstood...

Let me retry this...

Tacofang be careful how far you 'bow down' to please these Forum-ites...

...for they could suddenly turn on you in a spit instant.

...though at this point you are probably well aware of that...

and the joke I was attempting is now just a dead duck waiting for its head to be chopped off.
    <grumble>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congrats!!!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • tatyanasergeitatyanasergei Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Qapla'! STO totally deserved this one.

For all the problems and gripes I could raise about this game, it is far and away more fun than the rest of the F2P circuit and I am confident it will improve.
    Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
    Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester
    "The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
  • guardianvalourguardianvalour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congratulations!
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Free Gift?
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Kudos to our Community Manager for rallying the player's to vote. It looks like Guild Wars 2 had a strong voter presence in its category. Even with some of our player's withholding votes, our three year old game represented [wrong]the largest overall turnout of player votes[/wrong].

Posted too soon. Drakensang Online had more voters than we did. But we did do pretty good.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • tdawg65tdawg65 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Boy somebody lied to them. A lot of people have had nothing but problems with some part of the game when season 7 came out. And it looks like it won't get fixed either. WAY TO GO STO!!!!
  • meeheemeehee Member Posts: 85
    edited January 2013
    yay Cryptic won an award from a irrelevant site which is barely any better than a fan site... hell its forums only have 57 registered members...

Win an award off one of the more mainstream sites and you might have something to pat yourselves on the back with !
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congratulations.

The rate of updates and your creativity keeps going from strength to strength. You appear to have a very talented team of developers who care about the game they not only maintain, but continue to expand upon.

I sincerely hope this heralds the start of many more awards throughout 2013.

Well done. :)
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yay, my 2 main MMOs (EvE and STO) both won their categories.

It'd be interesting to see how well they'd have done competing against each other in an overall category.
  • maxdredmaxdred Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congratulations.

A well deserved award. This is the only MMO I keep coming back to.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wow, atleast 4000 people (thats about the number of people participating in the poll) think sto is the best f2p mmo out there.
    Go pro or go home
  • seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2013
    Judging by the number of votes in that poll in total and the number of votes any particular game received in a category, it is safe to say that award means absolutely NOTHING.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Judging by the number of votes in that poll in total and the number of votes any particular game received in a category, it is safe to say that award means absolutely NOTHING.

That may be the case, but they have still won one more than you

Wheres yours?

Huh?

But seriously, Well done Cryptic!
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    meehee wrote: »
    yay Cryptic won an award from a irrelevant site which is barely any better than a fan site... hell its forums only have 57 registered members...

Win an award off one of the more mainstream sites and you might have something to pat yourselves on the back with !

irrelevant?
    what site is relevant?
  • mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congrats guys! Keep up the great work!
  • flotahispanaflotahispana Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Muchas felicidades! Seguid asi!
  • admiralsvakadmiralsvak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congrats! LL&P!
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well deserved. Your current philosophy on making near everything obtainable in-game within a reasonable timeframe,as well as your constant free updates is what sets you apart. Please don't lose sight of that.