test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Is there no Cloaking console @ T5 Romulan Rep?

born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
You think our new Romulan friends - being pretty weak - in need of the Fed's help would offer up some of their cloaking tech?

Maybe Cryptic should add a "Romulan Cloaking Console" to tier 5 in the rep system.

I would certainly put out the 500 marks and 25k dilthium for that item. Heck even 50k dilthium! Maybe even more!

Plus, for KDF players it would give all those people with non-klingon ships like the Guramba and Kar'fi the chance to have a cloaking device as well.

Cryptic would certainly get a lot more mileage out of the Romulan content with maybe 200,000+ alts that are not now running the rep system - suddenly start getting used.
Post edited by born2bwild1 on

Comments

• lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2013
    If you want a cloak as fed, get a defiant refit or a gal-x. Or play KDF.
    If the rom repu hands out a cloaking console, what is the net demand? Romulan ships?
    And after that? The potential Romulan faction is so fleeced out that there is no point anymore in creating it.
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Only if they add the Ablative Generator console to Tier 5 Omega Force rep, for all ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you want a cloak as fed, get a defiant refit or a gal-x. Or play KDF.
    If the rom repu hands out a cloaking console, what is the net demand? Romulan ships?
    And after that? The potential Romulan faction is so fleeced out that there is no point anymore in creating it.

Point 1)I play KDF - 3 Main toons

Point 2)I have a Defiant

Point 3)Not holding my breathe for any Romualn faction - it would be a year away at least.

Now as far as story goes - exchanging tech for help is usually done - fed's are putting in a lot of help to the Romulans and facing a lot of Romulan Enemys - giving the Fed's a cloak just like they did with the defiant would be a no-brainer.

There is enough story laid out with the new Romulan Gov't to easily put this in.

Botton line for Cryptic is 100k players running the rep system for this console X how may alts?
    edited January 2013
    thratch1 wrote: »
    Only if they add the Ablative Generator console to Tier 5 Omega Force rep, for all ships.

That makes sense to - as Ablative armor would natually be fitted on all ships at the shipyard. Heck Voy added it while out in space!

I thing cryptic taking the time to add the Cloaking and Ablative animation to all Fed ships would get almost all players and all Alts running the Rep system to the end

= huge amount of people replaying existing content for just that Dev animation time!

That's a heck of a lot of player hours extra for that Dev time.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why do people keep asking to take away the things that make my ship unique? :(
    edited January 2013
    Why do people keep asking to take away the things that make my ship unique? :(

What the Intrepid? Have her too, but as a sci ship she was made obsolete by the Vesta.

I play the KDF and would play Romulan if it ever came out. The KDF does not really have a valid case on the Cloak anymore because almost everyone is asking for the Romulan and obviously they will have Cloaks on their ships - or is the KDF going to say they can't have cloaks so the KDF remains unique? So then we have 2 ingame factions with a cloak and 1 without? that's kind of silly.

And in the case of a Tier 5 Romulan Cloaking console - the KDF will still have an advantage because the cloak will take up a Fed console slot - while the KDF keeps the Cloak innate - and don't have to waste a slot.
    edited January 2013
    What the Intrepid? Have her too, but as a sci ship she was made obsolete by the Vesta.

I play the KDF and would play Romulan if it ever came out. The KDF does not really have a valid case on the Cloak anymore because almost everyone is asking for the Romulan and obviously they will have Cloaks on their ships - or is the KDF going to say they can't have cloaks so the KDF remains unique? So then we have 2 ingame factions with a cloak and 1 without? that's kind of silly.

And in the case of a Tier 5 Romulan Cloaking console - the KDF will still have an advantage because the cloak will take up a Fed console slot - while the KDF keeps the Cloak innate - and don't have to waste a slot.

No, the Galaxy-X. Right now there are two ships that have stolen my phaser lance, and everyone keeps asking for my cloak. :(
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So this another "How can the feds scam Cloaking past thier own giving word" thread?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited January 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    So this another "How can the feds scam Cloaking past thier own giving word" thread?

Roach - happy new year to you!!

It's a game - how about the Fed's only change their word as many times as Cryptic has? Would that be o.k?

One way or another - Romulan Rep Cloaking console or Romulan Faction - a second faction with all ships having cloaking is coming - so who cares anymore?

Personally I would prefer them to Give the Fed's a Cloak and finish off the KDF before rolling out a new faction.

And lower the B'rel to T3 or T4 shipyard please - tier 5 for me is still 6 months away!!!
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As tempting as it is to have a cloak for my merry band of science ships, I'm gonna have to say no. =) Let's keep the cloak unique to the Defiant, Galaxy-X and the KDF ships.
    edited January 2013
    angarus1 wrote: »
    As tempting as it is to have a cloak for my merry band of science ships, I'm gonna have to say no. =) Let's keep the cloak unique to the Defiant, Galaxy-X and the KDF ships.

Thank you. :') You're my new favorite person.
    edited January 2013
    angarus1 wrote: »

And what about the Romulan ships? Can they have a Cloak to?
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And what about the Romulan ships? Can they have a Cloak to?
    When they come out with the Romulan faction, sure.
    Thank you. :') You're my new favorite person.

<3
  • trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like the concept, I really do. But we all know CBS says NO to that, and we'll never see the U.S.S. Pegasus' offspring either, if there were any.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
    edited January 2013
    trellabor wrote: »
    I like the concept, I really do. But we all know CBS says NO to that, and we'll never see the U.S.S. Pegasus' offspring either, if there were any.

CBS has no say about the Fed's having Cloaks. The only thing they have been "no way in Hell" about is a T5 connie.

2 things that tis would do:

1)let Fed's play around with a Cloak from the Romulans while they Finish off the KDF. I would much rather see this then them bring out a Romulan Faction with cloaking ships - because then the KDF would NEVER be finished.

2) It would give Cryptic a LOT more mileage out of the Rep system and the New Romulan content as most Feds would be grinding away the rep system on all their toons.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There is a Romulan cloak: The tier 5 power lets ANY ship cloak for a few seconds, guaranteed.

And Romulans having cloaks if we got them as a faction? Sure, no problem, I don't mind that at all, because they were shown in the show to have cloaks many times over.

But no on the cloak, because it sounds to be little more than an attempt to get Fed cloaks on all their ships regardless (not to mention even if it happened, it'd nullify the whole point of buying the Gal-X and Defiant-R in the first place for Feds). Even so, it wouldn't help the KDF out that much since almost all Klingon ships have a cloak already, and as much fun as it would be to have like a Garumba with a cloak, it's not that vital.

Most importantly, there's one thing that's been mentioned a million-billion times already:

Between the Feds and Romulans, the Treaty of Algeron is STILL in effect. That would INCLUDE the Romulans trading cloaks of any kind to the Federation. The original Defiant (in terms of pure canon) was a one-off thing because the Romulans got all the intel gathered by the Defiant about the Dominion.

Even now, it'd be seen in a good light that the Federation would still so vigilantly uphold that treaty, and would only help strengthen relations between them and D'tan's colony on New Romulus.

Side note: These 'give Feds more cloaks threads' have been popping up for a long time, and so far nothing has changed, and I don't think will change anytime soon.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited January 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    There is a Romulan cloak: The tier 5 power lets ANY ship cloak for a few seconds, guaranteed.

And Romulans having cloaks if we got them as a faction? Sure, no problem, I don't mind that at all, because they were shown in the show to have cloaks many times over.

But no on the cloak, because it sounds to be little more than an attempt to get Fed cloaks on all their ships regardless (not to mention even if it happened, it'd nullify the whole point of buying the Gal-X and Defiant-R in the first place for Feds). Even so, it wouldn't help the KDF out that much since almost all Klingon ships have a cloak already, and as much fun as it would be to have like a Garumba with a cloak, it's not that vital.

Most importantly, there's one thing that's been mentioned a million-billion times already:

Between the Feds and Romulans, the Treaty of Algeron is STILL in effect. That would INCLUDE the Romulans trading cloaks of any kind to the Federation. The original Defiant (in terms of pure canon) was a one-off thing because the Romulans got all the intel gathered by the Defiant about the Dominion.

Even now, it'd be seen in a good light that the Federation would still so vigilantly uphold that treaty, and would only help strengthen relations between them and D'tan's colony on New Romulus.

Side note: These 'give Feds more cloaks threads' have been popping up for a long time, and so far nothing has changed, and I don't think will change anytime soon.

Well we did not have the Romulan rep system before and the treaty can be changed in the story now that the Feds are helping the Romulan rebuild a new homeworld. Both the Gal-x and Defiant reasons are pretty lame anyways - 1 was a alt future that never happened after the end of the episode and the original cloak for defiant was lost.

I don't think it's really a big deal Fed's having cloaks. And I got really excited when you mentioned a Guramba having a cloak!! A Fleet Garumba with a cloak - SWEET!!! Make it So!!
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How about no cloaking console? That'd be better for everyone.
    edited January 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    How about no cloaking console? That'd be better for everyone.

I would say there are lots of KDF players with the Guramba or non-Klingon ships that would like the console - what about I.K.S. Death Dealer - Jem Bug with a cloak - pew pew
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Neither as a fed or as a klink have I any desire to face a cloaked bug. No thank you very much, bugs give me enough headache as it is already.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This didn't take long already in the new year to scream for cloaks for Feds....the cycle continues. :rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited January 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    This didn't take long already in the new year to scream for cloaks for Feds....the cycle continues. :rolleyes:

Hey this one is different - it's a console for both sides - only thing that keeps me from getting the Guramba and Kar'Fi c-store ships is the lack of cloak - and the KDF temporal destroyer - i would like the console there too.

Like I said it's more than that - Cryptic could get several months more out of the Romulan content with the addition of this console. Lots of people are not running all their alts or have given up - but I am sure they would for this console.
    edited January 2013
    Neither as a fed or as a klink have I any desire to face a cloaked bug. No thank you very much, bugs give me enough headache as it is already.

I don't know - I think there are a lot of lock-box ship owners on both sides that would like a cloaking console. One thing that kept me from the Temporal KDF ships was the lack of cloak.
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ... and the never ending whining for a transfer of KDF stuff continues. I don't get it why some people want this game to be a pure Starfleet Online.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Fly a cloak ship, problem solved.

lulz here's another oldie but goodie:

"Federation NEEDS Battle Cloak"

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188968
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cloaking option

Cloaking option
    (Using adapted MACO)

Fed cloaking threads need to be grouped up into one sub-thread... then airlocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
    edited January 2013
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    ... and the never ending whining for KDF stuff continues. I don't get it why some people want this game to be a pure Starfleet Online.

No this is a request for Romulan cloaking tech :P:eek:

A large % of players want another faction with cloaking ships - so there is not much sense in restricting it to the KDF. It would be hilarious if they announced a Romulan faction and the KDF came out and said that those ships could not have cloaks because it's supposed to be unique to KDF.

Of course those players would look silly so they would and should turn their attention to the more serious issue of finishing off the KDF faction.

And this opens up the console for all players - like the 1000's of KDF players with Guramba's and Kar'fi ships who would like a cloak as well.
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    More nonsense from you. Nobody would care if a Romulan faction had cloaked ships, because that is exactly what they have in canon. Federation? Not so much.

/thread
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Feds have a cloak for any ship now - the Adapted MACO's Mask Energy Field - I use it KDF-side on my Kar'fi as a cloak and whilst it's limited, you can certainly use it to get the drop on other players in PvP.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • kurtzroykurtzroy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Didn't read the whole thread, but I don't think there should be a cloaking console of any sort I can see maybe the feds getting some sort of advanced hybrid ship with cloaking for helping romulans instead of a cloaking console. Some things should remain limited.