test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A thank you post

dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
From reading these forums it is not hard to imagine that much of the player base is ungrateful when something is given to them.

I would like to try and do something to dispel that myth by offering Cryptic thanks for making the current Chel Grett a full specced ship available for free to all of its player base for a little effort. The ship looks great and has even managed to attract new players when I showed them what was being offered.

Again Cryptic a nice big Thank you and of course a sign off with the obligatory wish to have a HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I totally agree with you, but be careful. I started a thank you post for the winter event and the ship, but a LOT of people consider appreciating things and thanking others a joke. Hopefully this thread won't go that way, but since there are more jackwagons then decent people on here, well...we'll see.

But yes, thanks again cryptic. Some of us ARE grateful for what you do for us. Keep up the good work.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, Thank you cryptic for the wonderful gift of a great ship, some excellent new cloths and a very enjoyable winter event. It's made me forget the resentments I've built up over the last 9 months for the botched features, the utter disregard for the KDF and PvP, and all the other great things thats could've been added to the game but weren't. I also thank you for saving me a ton of zen for upgrade modules as the Chel Grett is more of the fleetship I hoped for than anything in our fleet shipyard or the c-store.

With the new year hours away I hope you can extend the warm feelings for several more months.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, Thank you cryptic for the wonderful gift of a great ship, some excellent new clothes and a very enjoyable winter event. It's made me forget the resentments I've built up over the last 9 months for the botched features, the utter disregard for the KDF and PvP, and all the other great things that could've been added to the game but weren't. I also thank you for saving me a ton of zen for upgrade modules as the Chel Grett is more of the fleetship I hoped for than anything in our fleet shipyard or the c-store.

With the new year hours away I hope you can extend the warm feelings for several more months.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dirlettia wrote: »
    From reading these forums it is not hard to imagine that much of the player base is ungrateful when something is given to them.
    I totally agree with you, but be careful. I started a thank you post for the winter event and the ship, but a LOT of people consider appreciating things and thanking others a joke. Hopefully this thread won't go that way, but since there are more jackwagons then decent people on here, well...we'll see.

Both of these posts are misconceptions and put the STO playerbase in a negative light. For one, whenever you look down on players on these forums, you need to remember that there are happy hundreds of thousands of players that do not post on these forums because they are in fact happy, or perhaps don't care. It's nothing new, the golden rule for MMO forums will always be that the only people that post are the ones that have a problem with something or are simply passionate about spending time on something that will be gone from their lives eventually.

Secondly, one thread with a handful of people moaning and groaning is hardly enough to judge that a LOT of people are the same way.

So, when you judge the masses by looking at a handful of people who have chimps on their shoulders, you're really being no better than those handful of people you have a problem with. Try to remember that the next time you play the "oh look at me game developer X, I'm one of the very few who are thankful!" game. It's quite insulting to people to tell them you're better than them just because you're willing to play whatever cryptic throws at you. Those same people are partly the reason why you have some nice things, and also why you don't have some nice things. You don't have to like them, but you must respect them for their contributions.

The point is, not everyone shows thankfulness by kissing TRIBBLE because not everyone is brought up the same way. In this games case, it's shown by simply opening your wallet. But with wallets being opened, there's going to be vested interests in how the game unfolds. That's a part of MMO life, and I suggest you get used to it, blame everyone less, and blame the few more. But while doing your blaming out of bitterness, remember that a finger pointer is still a finger pointer, no matter who they are or what their finger pointing about. Every time you finger point there's three fingers pointing back at ya.

With that said, yes thankyou cryptic. Your continued efforts have kept sto afloat. Now please, remove my nose from your TRIBBLE and get back to work. My wallet is becoming bored with not being opened in awhile, and I require multiple additions to the cstore already, like more doff space(this is a dire need) and retrait tokens and the like. I know they aren't the biggest money makers but they are necessity nevertheless.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I've just picked it up. Thank You.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    interestedguyinterestedguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think thank you is appropriate. The game still has many flaws, but to me it seems like it is moving the right direction. It also seems to me like the player base is steadily increasing, which I believe it should be.

The game has a lot to offer people who are looking for a MMO they can play for years, but cant play every day, or even every week. At its core, the game is fun to play for a wide variety of different play styles and different amounts of time to play.
  • Options
    broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The only significant gripes I have with STO is the lack of additional non-Foundry storyline content, which for me is paramount in an MMO.

Cryptic has built a solid foundation for STO with regard to game systems and mechanics and the initial storyline offerings. They have fantastic tools for telling compelling stories, but seem to stop once the tools are built instead of utilizing those tools to the fullest.

I am very greatful to Cryptic for the game world they have created, the gameplay they've designed, and for bringing the appearance and atmosphere of Star Trek to life.

My hope is that Season 8 will be full of storyline goodness as Mr. Stahl indicated. The fact that Season 7 was initially touted as story-focused and ended up as story-light and reputation focused will keep my hopes subdued (but not gone :) ).
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I should have mine tomorrow. Very much looking forward to it and a BIG THANK YOU for it being free.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    A big thank you to the guy, whose name escapes me, who gave me a Temporal Science ship completely free. It's awesome and i'm extremely happy.

And thank you Cryptic, I suppose. The Chell Grett is...not too bad. Needs a custom bridge though, darn it!
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif