test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Can't We Upgrade Our Captains' Thong?

aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
For the last TWO YEARS NOW, every time our Captain beams in or out, we have to look at the same black string thong. Why, PWE?

One would think that with all the efforts to improve the game, add new content, further monetize the game, more redundant upgrades for ships, weapons, costumes, doffs, boffs, etc...it would occur to the guys at PWE to add upgrades for that ONE costume element that is completely customizable.

Offering costume upgrades for the Undies slot would alleviate this monotony. If a selection of male, female and other underwear were available - argyle or heart-print boxers, or a selection of panties, boyshorts and the like, I think everyone would agree that most players would be willing to spend substantially more Zen - and real life $$$ - on such an item than on the far less stimulating current offerings.

PWE needs to step up its T&A offerings to remain competitive with newer MMOs such as TERA Online, with T&A generally accepted as far superior to STOs.

GW2's failure was in large part due to its lacking the leggy, busty, and steatopygous races of WoW. GW2 shared many programming elements with STO (e.g., the interact menu, lockbox system and Dil exchange), but its character customization lacked STO's most compelling feature, one that has been integral to the continued success of the game: the boob slider.

The constant appearance of the SAME costume item EVERY TIME any of our characters do a beam-in/out for the last two years is inexcusable. Of course some fanboys will try to argue that PWE's performance in this regards is already more than acceptable, that there isn't a problem, that other MMOs don't do this better.

I disagree. We the playerbase deserve better, and whatever may be said on the forums, most players would in fact be willing to spend Zen on some exciting variety. PWE is a business out to make money, and I struggle to understand why they neglect the obvious demands for an improvement to the current situation with our Captains' undies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by aestu on

Comments

• aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Before the devs spend time getting into this prurient nonsense, I think that they should make the game more fair for the average, casual player by instituting an account-wide dil refining cap.

You only know the word "prurient" because you saw it on the warning labels on those terrible 80s VHS movies. I won't make you admit anything else about your actual reasons for posting this "suggestion", but you do have to admit that.

And you have to admit that's the reason you bought a VHS deck and not a Betamax.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There should be Full length winter underwear (with trapdoor at the back) for ALL races and genders except the Gorn (who should have feetie pjs)
    Live long and Prosper
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I support OP's proposal both ironically and unironically.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No. Has no gameplay benefit, and extremely minimal self-gratification from watching a brief flicker as your own avatar beams. There's thousands of hours of work left to do on character generation and costuming, things that actually get seen on a minute by minute basis, before we worry about something as stupid as what underwear our captain wears.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is my new favorite thread! I agree with it whole heartedly! :D
  • archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Waste of time. You barely see it.
    It would be a better and simpler effort if they allow Orion to remove the loincloth and leaving with what underneath it. At least that has a pattern and several color pallet chose and you can constantly see it.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I see where this is going...lets put vending machines around ESD for those kinds of people. :rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Or, or, they could fix the beam in animation so that skirts don't go transparent during beam in and outs. That way my female characters can wear skirts without exposing everybody to their underwear =P.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I complete agree op!

But I envision our captain's unmentionables sold as costume packs. They could run the range from utilitarian white boring undies to all sorts of extreme silk and lace lingerie designs.

Stockings and garters as well? Of course!

I wonder what the KDF equivalent would be? Knowing the Klinks I'd almost expect the females to make the males wear the lingerie!
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    O... kay...

It's bad enough that when my female skirt wearing avatars beam in that their skirts beam in last and that when I see other female avatars beam in their skirts beam in last, but now I potentially have to put up with seeing underwear with anime kitten prints?!? What's next? A Q event where he opens a beach house in the summer and we're all required to wear swim attire?!?

:eek:
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lonnehart wrote: »
    O... kay...

It's bad enough that when my female skirt wearing avatars beam in that their skirts beam in last and that when I see other female avatars beam in their skirts beam in last, but now I potentially have to put up with seeing underwear with anime kitten prints?!? What's next? A Q event where he opens a beach house in the summer and we're all required to wear swim attire?!?

:eek:

It could happen. :D
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    - "One to beam up, no thong."

Sorry but I had to. :D
    signwidrona.png
  • dm19deltadm19delta Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hell, let's go for gold and get the Risa Bikinis and shorts for our Feds.

And everyone knows that Klingons go commando, so there's no need for lingerie in their culture.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The last time I got trapped in the World of Blue when doing a cluster mission, my lady toon was trapped for quite a few minutes in her skivvies.

The thought did occur to me that she probably should have worn the blue ones that day.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What if your Character wants to go in the Buff? Why does my Orion Girl's 'uniform' not beam in after?

I am sorry nudity needs to be a much bigger part of this game!:eek:

Why in American games is sex and nudity a no no - but killing people, cutting heads of, running people over, shooting everything in sight - is ok?
  • nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Before the devs spend time getting into this prurient nonsense, I think that they should make the game more fair for the average, casual player by instituting an account-wide dil refining cap.

I do not think it means what you think it means.

http://shewhoprecedesmen.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/inconceivable_means_02.jpg
  • savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It could happen. :D

It should happen.

+1 thread approval.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, i would like to see an improvement not only to the UI interface menues and such but also the avatar customizations and such. It's a bit tricky to get the features you want on your characters.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about x-ray glasses for 32.000 dil? :eek:
    /Floozy
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    There should be Full length winter underwear (with trapdoor at the back) for ALL races and genders except the Gorn (who should have feetie pjs)

This would make an AWESOME costume pack. I'd totally pay 500z for this.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    aestu wrote: »
    For the last TWO YEARS NOW, every time our Captain beams in or out, we have to look at the same black string thong. Why, PWE?

Has it occurred to you that perhaps she does not have a thong problem but simply prefers not to wax? In the future, they don't care about baldness.
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Or, or, they could fix the beam in animation so that skirts don't go transparent during beam in and outs. That way my female characters can wear skirts without exposing everybody to their underwear =P.

After happening upon this thread, I picked my brain up off the floor and started thinking, that it is interesting how the latest transporter technology seems to segment the process. Like how with my one captain, his beard transports (and one must assume, arrives at the intended destination) nearly 2 seconds before the rest of him.

Not having a female captain, I was left uncertain as to why this would be. However, now I know. Transporter engineers out to deliver cheap thrills.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Like how with my one captain, his beard transports (and one must assume, arrives at the intended destination) nearly 2 seconds before the rest of him.

It went off to make the second season of your show better.
    <3
  • targpetz101targpetz101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It took me a while to figure out whether to take this thread serious or not...
    I'm still not sure.

Is it supposed to be a "bug fix" thread complaining about the bad transporter fx on character clothing?
    or
    Is the OP actually demanding "panty customization" options?
    [SIGPIC]This is not as good as it used to be...[/SIGPIC]
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It took me a while to figure out whether to take this thread serious or not...
    I'm still not sure.

Is it supposed to be a "bug fix" thread complaining about the bad transporter fx on character clothing?
    or
    Is the OP actually demanding "panty customization" options?

I believe it is all about finding a compromise. We will accept the transporterbug, if we get the ability to customize the thong. Grant us that, and there will be no mentioning of the 'bug'. :D
    /Floozy
  • lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about x-ray glasses for 32.000 dil? :eek:

Humm x-ray glasses will be in C-Store and I guess it will cost 5000 Zen. :D And it will sale a lot! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

just FYI: the day that happens i'll quit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reconalpha1reconalpha1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I must agree, Cryptic should have a variety of shapes, sized, and flavors.

I vote for Strawberry
    :P
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If we are seriously talking about this, then I request a shirtless version of males with a six pack.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.