test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Reduction

ranamullenyxranamullenyx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
We request reduction of Dilithium for Special projects. Since Embassy is working, we are forced to gather 400.000 dilithium. After that the game is no longer a game and game becomes another hard and stressful work.
So we request reduce to half: 100.000 for Starbase and 100.000 for Embassy.
!!!And Romulan and Omega mark requirements for "Reputation" are too very exaggerated!!!

Thank you.

Lenyx
Post edited by ranamullenyx on

Comments

• riddickczechriddickczech Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is a very good idea.
    I agree with this proposal.
  • daxtonczedaxtoncze Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you have right, lenyx. When i came home from school/work i want to relax at some games and i dont want worry about special projects. I want just play games for fun!

I agree with this proposal.
  • darthtimmyczdarthtimmycz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We request reduction of Dilithium for Special projects. Since Embassy is working, we are forced to gather 400.000 dilithium. After that the game is no longer a game and game becomes another hard and stressful work.
    So we request reduce to half: 100.000 for Starbase and 100.000 for Embassy.
    !!!And Romulan and Omega mark requirements for "Reputation" are too very exaggerated!!!

Thank you.

Lenyx
    I vote for this, the current system is quite unbalanced. thank you
    DarthTimmy
  • krajkhourkrajkhour Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That is good idea.
  • riddickcz111riddickcz111 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, yes he is right. I agree!
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I am sympathetic to the dil costs of starbase and embassy projects, but this is just silly. If you do a single STF mission and the Romulan sector patrol daily, you will have more than enough marks to do your reputation upgrades for the day.
  • lemoxilemoxi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I agree with Lenyx.
  • krajkhourkrajkhour Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    momaw wrote: »
    If you do a single STF mission and the Romulan sector patrol daily, you will have more than enough marks to do your reputation upgrades for the day.
    I havent whole day to doing reputation. I am working adult man.
    edited December 2012
    I am sympathetic to the dil costs of starbase and embassy projects, but this is just silly. If you do a single STF mission and the Romulan sector patrol daily, you will have more than enough marks to do your reputation upgrades for the day.
    you sit there all day and doing rep points? I go to work and want to relax at the game. Not in the mood to continue to do the same mission over and over.

DarthTimmy
  • redsoniavrelredsoniavrel Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can we at the very least make it so that Romulan Marks, and maybe even Fleet Marks too are as stupidly easy to get as Omega Marks?

I know we can get lots of fleet marks through the Doff system and lots of Romulan Marks by raising Epohhs, but in 3 hours it's possible to get over 500 Omega marks. This is not true of the other two. This essentially means that the Romulan dilithium projects and the gear available through the Romulan Rep system costs (in terms of time and effort) a lot more than the Omega gear and this is not reflected in its usefulness. This should be fixed one way or another.

And yes, I agree, either half the Dilithium requirement of the Special Projects or increase the daily refinement cap to 12-16k.
  • svkreapersvkreaper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am after the whole day so exhausted and therefore I need relax, so I am for Lenyx?s suggest.
    edited December 2012
    krajkhour wrote: »
    I havent whole day to doing reputation. I am working adult man.
    you sit there all day and doing rep points? I go to work and want to relax at the game. Not in the mood to continue to do the same mission over and over.

DarthTimmy

Okay, so, how long did it take you to do anything worthwhile in this game? How long did it take you to reach level 50? I suppose your ship started out with the best of all equipment too, and you didn't have to wait or work for it? How long did it take to max out on a Commendation? Heck I've been playing for months and I've yet to reach maximum rank in all my commendations.

My point is that reputation is meant to be something that takes a while, just like the other forms of progression. Reputation is an avenue to some of the coolest equipment in the game, and all it takes is one mission a day and some EC to buy commodities to get there as quickly as it's possible to get there. Don't want to play a single romulan and STF mission per day to max out your reputation gains? Then don't! Play a mission once a week, it won't make any difference to the quality of gear you get out of it.

STF missions give you 90 marks, which is more than enough to do reputation projects for the day. If you get the optional objective (+15), that is enough to do two days of reputation projects. And the Romulan sector patrol gives 60 marks, which is again more than enough. "Mine Trap" will generally give you enough if you do it during the reputation bonus time. Don't like combat? Then tag some epohhs and raise them. An elder epohh is worth 400 marks! That's 8 days worth of reputation projects for 3 days of doff assignments and about five minutes of your time!

Seriously. Getting marks is easy. I think the amount of time required to advance in reputation is very reasonable considering the benefits, especially when compared to the frustration of getting item sets before Season 7.
  • ulneriusulnerius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Coolest Equipment for what?

...for the same boring missions?
    and in the same enviroment?

This game is short term game, I love Star Trek, but this game is my greatest game disappointment! Unfortunately ...

With every patch I eagerly expecting something revolutionary that will change the game. And still nothing... :mad:
    edited December 2012
    Okay, so, how long did it take you to do anything worthwhile in this game? How long did it take you to reach level 50? I suppose your ship started out with the best of all equipment too, and you didn't have to wait or work for it? How long did it take to max out on a Commendation? Heck I've been playing for months and I've yet to reach maximum rank in all my commendations.

My point is that reputation is meant to be something that takes a while, just like the other forms of progression. Reputation is an avenue to some of the coolest equipment in the game, and all it takes is one mission a day and some EC to buy commodities to get there as quickly as it's possible to get there. Don't want to play a single romulan and STF mission per day to max out your reputation gains? Then don't! Play a mission once a week, it won't make any difference to the quality of gear you get out of it.

STF missions give you 90 marks, which is more than enough to do reputation projects for the day. If you get the optional objective (+15), that is enough to do two days of reputation projects. And the Romulan sector patrol gives 60 marks, which is again more than enough. "Mine Trap" will generally give you enough if you do it during the reputation bonus time. Don't like combat? Then tag some epohhs and raise them. An elder epohh is worth 400 marks! That's 8 days worth of reputation projects for 3 days of doff assignments and about five minutes of your time!

Seriously. Getting marks is easy. I think the amount of time required to advance in reputation is very reasonable considering the benefits, especially when compared to the frustration of getting item sets before Season 7.

50 lvl is 21 days.
    I agree with you that the reputation must be earned. This should get permanent bonuses but not the equipment. Equipment is not the best in the game. Mostly new players are discriminated against by the players who won it easier manner. It is very unbalanced. Do not count MARKS. Only time to get equipment.
    edited December 2012
    Mostly new players are discriminated against by the players who won it easier manner. It is very unbalanced. Do not count MARKS. Only time to get equipment.

"Easier manner"? How many times have you played through cure ground elite just to have about a 1 in 50 chance of the boss dropping one of the set pieces? (Multiply by 3 for a set, or 6 for both a space and ground set)

Old system was frustrating as hell. It made it easier to get *weapons* since prototype salvage could be awarded for any of the missions. But putting together a set? No. Especially if you didn't have a fleet of good players to play with you, so that half of the missions just failed outright and wasted your time because nobody knows what they are supposed to do and they are impervious to instruction from experienced players. :(

New system is: play a little bit each day on any mission you want (i.e. the easy ones) making steady and measurable progress until you can outright buy the thing you want. Weapons got more time-expensive, set items got an order of magnitude less time-expensive, so it works out.

I must maintain that in my opinion the changes are very fair and reasonable. Though, I am interested to note that everybody saying too marks are required is a new player.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I agree with Momaw's point. But I do think a mild reduction in fleet-based dilithium sinks might help swing the exchange costs to somewhere between the two extremes it's been at.

Not that I mind spending a couple of days gathering dilithium in the least effort-needed way and then buying something in the Zen store. But it's important to a lot of people.
    <3
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I agree with the idea for changing Dil sinks in the Fleet projects. What really bugs me, is that since Dilithium was first introduced, every few months they add another sink for it, but they don't match the new demand with increased availability/refining limits.

Somebody should give them a crash course in economics as it's really not a surprise the market has crashed so bad.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Somebody should give them a crash course in economics as it's really not a surprise the market has crashed so bad.

"Lesson 1: This Is What Happens When You Listen To Milton Friedman! Thank God This is Just a Game or Else We'd Be Killing Each Other For Canned Soup."
    <3
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Um. No. Fleets are supposed to be 25 man or more. Sooooo yeah. This cost is supposed to be divided among that many people. So let's do some math. 200,000 divided by 25 is 8000. Hm. 8000. Such a hardship.

Your point is moot.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Real fast folks, a lot of those beginning posts on the first page seem...off.

I think the OP might've made some fake accounts, that or brought all this fleet mates in at once to post on his thread.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    With so many personal goodies to buy, I can understand the feeling about Dil. That said, the reputation system in this game dose not have a steep playtime cost attached in my opinion.

One Infected Elite, about 15mins, and the Tau Dewa Patrol, say 20mins, will cover marks for the reps.

I work all day and when I get home I log on and do these things because it's fun. I have a great fleet with really awesome people, but I mostly do my rep stuff solo.

If your having problems accomplishing dailies in a reasonable pace, you might want to re-exam your skills/gear/ship type. My Engie/Tac Ody can do the deferi dailies, tank an infected elite, and smash the Tau Dewa dailie in about an hour. That's 3k dil, minimum, and roughly 60 romulan/omega marks...and some very grateful deferi ta boot!
  • kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »

I think the OP might've made some fake accounts, that or brought all this fleet mates in at once to post on his thread.
    I was thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

That said, OP, you don't HAVE to do the special project. Don't want to spend the 100k DIL, don't do the special project.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
    edited December 2012

Yeah, i was thinking that too, especially since most of those posters have what, less than 10 posts to their names?

Kinda fishy...
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012

LoL the fact that several of the names are only different by one or two letters, and most of them contain cz near or at the end, it's pretty obvious yeah.

Though I still agree with the point about Dilithium sinks needing a plug.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Totally a multi account on the first few pages. XD

I think the Reputation system is fine right now, though I would always take some way of scaling the Fleet resource requirements to the number of members.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • waarderwaarder Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As said before, people just want get things for free.
    they dont want to do work for it....for a penny on the first row...
  • riddickcz111riddickcz111 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I see that the developers have bribed many people.
    edited December 2012
    I see that the developers have bribed many people.

ROFL!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Whew... man you should think about a career in comedy... wait, you're serious? So we call bs when we see it, and we're "bribed". Nvm, MUST be a joke XD.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Reputation system has thrown a bucket of ice water on most fleet advancement, and least for the smaller fleets. It has stopped a lot of things, like making new characters, or playing most of my alts.

I am glad we all wanted a Tier 3 shipyard mostly, because tier 4 just may not come at all.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Plus 1

I agree that Dil costs are getting out of hand. Have been upgrading the embassy, and the teir 1 upgrades 78K dil ok thats a reasonable figure to be achieved in a few days to a week with a few people contributing even just a few thousand dil a day.

But the overall embassy upgrade for teir 1 is 360k, I think that figure should be halved.

Thats not to mention the vanity projects and starbase requirements. then you look at item purchase. You build a base and then buy items all using dilithium.

Why not have the dil requirements removed from starbase projects same as from reputation projects.

Dilithium to zen is not worth buying it, so my Dil buying with zen is reduced not increased. I'll just take the time to do it. But it really undermines the fun aspect of a game when having to endure a forced cap on what I can do, and the extra 1k you can refine every two days isn't that big a swing..

The idea that Dilithium works as a time based currency... no dilithium works to get more money to cryptic. Its just the control to facilitate that being done.

I'm a lifetime purchaser and I've bought c-store ships/items, why am I paying you to employ me?

I have this thing called work were I work x time and get x currency that is accepted at most retail and service organisations. Making anything time based currency is fairly insulting to people such as myself, and just highlights the farcical nature of Dilithium.