test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ferengi Toon not getting 20% discount

viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
So with the reputation system now in full swing I usually pick up my supplies in sector space to get the 75% price rate. I thought I'd dust off an old Ferengi toon to take advantage of his discount and stock up on a large number of supplies for other characters, but after flying him out to sector space I noticed that at best I was still getting 75% rates, not 60%, and for some items it was still the 100% rate without the 20% lobes discount.....

If I remember correctly, a Ferengi with the Lobes passive should be getting a 20% discount on all EC sales, so a space vendor that normally sells goods for 75% would offer it at 60%, and his 100% priced goods should be at 80%.....

Anyone else with the same problem?

Picture of Space Vendor Prices
Post edited by viper40watt on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If I remember correctly, a Ferengi with the Lobes passive should be getting a 20% discount on all EC sales, so a space vendor that normally sells goods for 75% would offer it at 60%, and his 100% priced goods should be at 80%.....
    This is incorrect... I have a little Ferengi Girl character, and she only gets the 'Lobes' discount from base vendors. Replicators and Freighters do not apply... (And this was actually listed in the description of the Ferengi Racial Trait)

(And for the best deals for your Ferengi, <right click> -> Info on the Commodity will tell you its system of origin, and where the best deals for the Ferengi discount can be found...)
  • viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is incorrect... I have a little Ferengi Girl character, and she only gets the 'Lobes' discount from base vendors. Replicators and Freighters do not apply... (And this was actually listed in the description of the Ferengi Racial Trait)

(And for the best deals for your Ferengi, <right click> -> Info on the Commodity will tell you its system of origin, and where the best deals for the Ferengi discount can be found...)

It does look like the discount is only for 'ground' stores and not space vendors. As far as I can tell from the description of 'lobes' however it just states that it has a "20% discount in all store prices for items sold for energy credits or gold-pressed latinum"

Lobes description

It looks like store just means ground store and not something like the store tab for a cargo vessel in sector space. Ah well.