Install Arc
Options

Season 7 Dev Blog #22

2»

Comments

• Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can we replace the stuffed dolls with armor? At least it will harken back to the days of a certain industrialist who privatized world peace.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just another reason why the KDF is the better side.

Now if only our small fleet can stump up the 150k dil to finish the previously queued one to get this one available...
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I thought those spots would be reserved for fleet trophies (ie rewards for fleet v fleet pvp tournements etc).

But its just more junk to clutter a starbase that should be in the middle of a warzone. Maybe an addition of a museum wing or renaming the "Ops" to "lobby" might change things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Folks who hate the starfleet uniform mannequins must never have read a batman or Ironman comic. Displaying old uniforms seems to be a common practice of heros.

I'm shocked the holo ship display from Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards hasn't been offered to us yet.
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok see the NX enterprise outfits now where is the NX-01 hat.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    "Klingons will acquire weapon trophies, a floor logo and a special wall mural, while mannequins displaying historical uniforms will appear for members of Starfleet."

so starfleet will get dolls, and KDF the cool stuff?

Boiled down to the basics, yeah.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I knew those platforms was for something like that, but was expecting miniature ship holos. But Uniforms of the ages isn't a bad touch either.

But still, 200,000 Dilithium is still rather costly for small fleets after this dilithium cutback.
  • Options
    cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    "Klingons will acquire weapon trophies, a floor logo and a special wall mural, while mannequins displaying historical uniforms will appear for members of Starfleet."

so starfleet will get dolls, and KDF the cool stuff?

I think its about time
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I don't think so on the mannequins, but the Klingon one looks awesome.

Let's face it. Self-glorification is far more in-character for the KDF. The Federation's supposed to be far more about sleek and utilitarian minimalism (somewhat) than these projects have been so far. (Case in point, why did the KDF meeting room get the glass-screens, while the Federation one got a bunch of random scale models and not even a basic TNG style wallscreen?)

I'm sorry, but some of the Fed projects so far, like this one, I wouldn't put in for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    littlemonchichilittlemonchichi Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    200 000 again? haha how?
    "Be excellent to each other and Party on Dudes!"
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously. When are you going to introduce projects, which are actually worth the 200k you're charging for?

Most of the projects we've seen so far, are just recycled items that are already ingame. 200k for a copy/paste job is ridiculous.

The ideas are ok, just put some more effort into them. This just smells like someone turned in a research paper, which was copied 1:1 from the internet and the person doing so never even took the time to remove the hyperlinks.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    200 000 again? haha how?

After ruining mos players ability to harvest dilithium in enough quantities to pay for all the costs in game...

This just seems like a total unabashed troll move :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm not a fan of this project.
    I don't really want my starbase looking like a Macy's. (or the C store's version of it anyways )

I also think the dilithium price is too steep for what amounts to advertising the C store costume packs.
    This should be offered FOR FREE on our starbases, as it shows off C store items.

I really wish we could get something "COOL" for our starbases, like:
    . Windows in a lounge that show damaged vessels coming in for repairs, (like the Enterprise scene in Wrath of Kahn).
    . Or a big tactical display of a Borg cube or something.
    . Or Maybe a great big monitor that shows scenes from some battle.

Flowers tribbles, fishtanks, discos and such are nice and all, but I think this is gettin a little too outta hand. These are military starbases in a time of war after all. NOT ferengi run malls.... WAIT a minute ...
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously. When are you going to introduce projects, which are actually worth the 200k you're charging for?

Most of the projects we've seen so far, are just recycled items that are already ingame. 200k for a copy/paste job is ridiculous.

The ideas are ok, just put some more effort into them. This just smells like someone turned in a research paper, which was copied 1:1 from the internet and the person doing so never even took the time to remove the hyperlinks.

What he said
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Putting aside the crazy cost of these project for a second.....

Some of these might be nice to have, if the starbase was in fact a Social Zone for your fleet. But you can't stay there or stay in orbit.

Seems the whole Starbasr system is Major Fail.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    TRIBBLE and more TRIBBLE....seriously? You need to pay me 200,000 DIL to me to see this BS.

Who comes out with this projects? Then again one man's TRIBBLE is another one's gold :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously who does the federation starbase content? Decorators worst nightmare, I mean damn... I could come up with better design in my sleep. This just screams scam, recycle and more scam. The Dilithium gouge continues.

"We consider 25 player fleets big fleets" but oh wait, "100 member fleets can easily handle the dilithium load" except they can't, you guys haven't a clue.

If I pointed to the full moon, in a clear night, you'd probably overlook it, and look at the sparkly xmas tree lights on someones house. "We don't see a moon, we see snow and lights! LYING COMMUNITY MEMBERS!!!"

Oh for the love of.............

PS: Cryptic I know you want to save the planet, BUT RECYCLING GAME CONTENT DOESNT DO THAT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I wonder, would 200k dil allow one to buy all those uniforms to actually use on you toon instead from Z-store?
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wonder, would 200k dil allow one to buy all those uniforms to actually use on you toon instead from Z-store?

You are kidding right? This is Cryptic we are talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Heh, no.

Licensing covers a whole spectrum of things and since CBS and Paramount were once the same company the whole thing is "fuzzy" since when they separated things were split.

No things are not fuzzy. CBS bought the Star Trek rights that Paramount had several years ago and they got split up. CBS owns the Star Trek brand and all of the IP from the original server all the up to and includes Star Trek Nemesis. Paramount retains the film library (and to make more movies) and the video distributions rights on behalf of CBS.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    mewi wrote: »
    You are kidding right? This is Cryptic we are talking about.

Was an honest question. If I had 200k dil, How many of the uniforms displayed could I buy to actually wear?
    More a thought experiment than anything.
    AFMJGUR.jpg