test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Reputation...leveling to get tech "the other guys" don't use?

misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
Hello,

maybe I'm a little slow and someone can help me understand this.
With the Omerga Reputation we're receiving specific Anti-Borg Gear, I get that.

With the Romulan Reputation we're getting weapons tech the Romulans/Remans use, like the Plasma Torpedo.
However we're also getting Plasma Energy Weapons (space) and Plasma Ground weapons...exept neither the Romulans nor the Remans seem to use those, neither in the shows/movies nor the NPCs in this game.:confused:
They use Disruptors ATM, like they did in the shows/movies.
So why are we working the Rep system, when the technology we get is neither Reman nor Romulan?
Is there a change to the NPCs incoming like Cryptic did with the Cardassians when those were switched from Phasers to Spiral Waves?

Can someone help me understand what's going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    IIRC, Romulans/Remens do throw out Plasma Torpedos. They often use High Yield Plasma Torpedos in fact, I'm refering to the NPCs in PvE in this game.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And you understand my question was not aimed at the Plasma Torpedoes, but at the Plasma Energy Weapons (Plasma Beam Array, Plasma Cannon etc.) right?
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Hello,

maybe I'm a little slow and someone can help me understand this.
    With the Omerga Reputation we're receiving specific Anti-Borg Gear, I get that.

With the Romulan Reputation we're getting weapons tech the Romulans/Remans use, like the Plasma Torpedo.
    However we're also getting Plasma Energy Weapons (space) and Plasma Ground weapons...exept neither the Romulans nor the Remans seem to use those, neither in the shows/movies nor the NPCs in this game.:confused:
    They use Disruptors ATM, like they did in the shows/movies.
    So why are we working the Rep system, when the technology we get is neither Reman nor Romulan?
    Is there a change to the NPCs incoming like Cryptic did with the Cardassians when those were switched from Phasers to Spiral Waves?

Can someone help me understand what's going on here?

Thanks in advance.

kinda wondered about this too.
    Romulans use Disruptors, even a reward from FE mission Fozen you'll get a nice MK XI blue disruptor pistol or rifle.
    And now this. Without stats..

Projectile weapons ?
    I do not really know what Romulans are using on Torpedos or mines in the series, but i think it is time that a new Weapon type will be introduced = THALARONS. :D
    i would make them Malachite green.. #004953 and white glow..

Plasma.. weapon type.. hmmm, i really like the color, i do have a full set of MK XII somewhere on one of my toons, but as every final set from Omega reputation has minus 20% to plasma weapons (because Borg use them)....

there is no use to plasma in this game if Cryptic does not change the Omega Rep. Set's Bonuses.. to -20% to Borg weapons..