test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Character Career Choice

takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Federation Discussion
Hey there, everyone!! :)

I'm a bit of an altaholic--I've got at least ten characters so far, probably more (been a while since I last counted), with the majority being Fed Characters with a few Klingons, as well.

And one of my rules for each of my characters is that each one will end up in a different ship when they hit the level cap. That way, I can try out everything. :D

Anyway, I'm planning on starting another character, and putting this one in an Atrox Carrier. I plan on making this character a Caitian, because I think that might be the best fit, seeing as how the Atrox is a Caitian Ship.

However, there is still one thing I need to figure out, and I could use some help with this--what career choice (Tac, Eng, or Sci) would work best with the Atrox?

When considering this, please note that I'm not just concerned about Captain Abilities and how well they synch with the ship--I also want to know which career choice fits the Atrox from a Role-Playing Standpoint (i.e. which career choice would be most readily seen in command of an Atrox from the perspecitve of storyline).

I look forward to hearing everyone's opinions on this matter. :cool:
76561198160276582.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hard to say. Strictly game speaking, Atrox is more of a science ship, including the commander science boff. But as far as the "role playing" factor you mentioned, there's not much to go on about Caitians. Memory Alpha and Beta pages mention they are good communications officers, which might indicate science career, or maybe engineer. I think either of those could be happy in an Atrox. :cool:
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    djf021 wrote: »
    Hard to say. Strictly game speaking, Atrox is more of a science ship, including the commander science boff. But as far as the "role playing" factor you mentioned, there's not much to go on about Caitians. Memory Alpha and Beta pages mention they are good communications officers, which might indicate science career, or maybe engineer. I think either of those could be happy in an Atrox. :cool:

Thank you very much. :)

However, I just noticed that I don't have the Atrox, and I don't have the ZEN to purchase it, so it's kind of a moot point for right now.

Still, it never hurts to plan ahead.

So... Engy or Sci...

Communications seems more along the lines of Engineering to me, but I already have an Engy in a Science Ship--an LSRV Retro, to be precise.

I could still do an Engy, and go for a Survivability Build, or I could go Sci, and do a Special Weapons/CC Build.

Decisions, decisions....
    76561198160276582.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Awww! i was hoping this thread was about suggestions for a new career choice for toons. Something like, Section 31 for Fed's and Mercenary for the KDF.
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jcsww wrote: »
    Awww! i was hoping this thread was about suggestions for a new career choice for toons. Something like, Section 31 for Fed's and Mercenary for the KDF.

Sorry for disappointing, then.
    76561198160276582.png