test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So why are they reducing the Fleet Actions again?

lillithiaelillithiae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So, they are putting dilithium back on the STFs. Great. But why are they reducing the amount you get from fleet actions? Who had a problem with this? I thought they said they wanted people to be able to earn more dilithium? This makes no sense.
Post edited by lillithiae on

Comments

• conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lillithiae wrote: »
    So, they are putting dilithium back on the STFs. Great. But why are they reducing the amount you get from fleet actions? Who had a problem with this? I thought they said they wanted people to be able to earn more dilithium? This makes no sense.

They want people earning less dilithium...anyone who believes their TRIBBLE about wanting people to earn more is a flat out idiot.

Besides...we must always please the "raiders" in an MMO....TRIBBLE everyone else.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Because obviously 1440 for running a FA that almost nobody actually likes doing is too much. Now FA will be largely ignored once again and people will just go back to doing STFs for dil grinding because they're not as annoying.

There's really no incentive to do FA over STF for dil unless you're a tacscort. Adding dil to FA was a decent idea, but then immediately nerfing the amount killed it.
  • intrepidfox03intrepidfox03 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Funny, I played the content I wanted to in Season 6 and only capped my main twice on Dith. That was when had a weekend to kill, turned in salavage and was seeking the Borg sets. In the two days in Season 7, playing the content I want to play, I've capped my main toon both days now and got Dith for my other 3 main alts. Yeah, definitely earning less dithium here...
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Besides...we must always please the "raiders" in an MMO....TRIBBLE everyone else.

I will politely disagree on this statement. (I do agree with disliking games having too narrow of a focus though)

The one thing I do like about this change is that people who 'enjoy' STFs can earn dilithium from it. People who want to do FA, can also get dilithium.

The idea that people will be doing both at the exact same time, thus there being a concern of 'double dipping', is flawed logic for the reduction, however. They both have a similar up-time and down-time and as such should have a roughly similar weighted value for a "time-based currency".
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited November 2012
    i did 2 FA on one char and i got no dilithium and a crappy green weapon.
    i did 2 on another char and i came in 2nd and 3rd place and got 1440 and a purple and blue weapon..

i like the FA how they are now.. just need to add 1440 dil and some TRIBBLE gear for wining an elite STF and we are set..

i like to have a choice on how to play.. not get pushed into doing only one mission 15 times in a row.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I will politely disagree on this statement. (I do agree with disliking games having too narrow of a focus though)

The one thing I do like about this change is that people who 'enjoy' STFs can earn dilithium from it. People who want to do FA, can also get dilithium.

The idea that people will be doing both at the exact same time, thus there being a concern of 'double dipping', is flawed logic for the reduction, however. They both have a similar up-time and down-time and as such should have a roughly similar weighted value for a "time-based currency".

And what does the absolute best gear in STO require?

Borg Neural Processors

What is the ONLY way to get them?

Elite STFs....ie. RAIDS.

Allow me to trade in 50-100 Omega marks for BNPs then we'll talk.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @conundrumnsa

Pardon, how is that related to the topic at hand?

Are you proposing FA should be a 'feeder' system/timesink for people who enjoy that 'raider' playstyle? Isn't that a means of making the game more shallow instead of embracing people to play however they want? The 'end game' items still require (a LOT) of dilithium, why not allow people who enjoy that playstyle to be able to earn it by playing the game the way they enjoy it?

Personally, I'm not a big STF person(only started trying them out recently so I could compare and contrast the changes), nor am I a big FA person. What is important to me is that people can enjoy the game however they want to - that's what originally drew me to the game. I don't want to HAVE to play the game X or Y way.. just so I can progress in some other area of the game that I actually do enjoy.