test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I quit.

nathanaeljenathanaelje Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I'm boycotting STO until dilithium rewards for STF come back. It's a ridiculous change to make, I've played well over 300 STF's and thoroughly enjoyed the old system, and S7 has done nothing but destroy the game I love. The fact that I used to get from one elite STF the amount of dilithium I now get from five of them is ridiculous. Not to mention the optional now gives no loot only more stupid marks.
I hope a Dev will tell me this is only a glitch and will be sorted out, but until then you've lost a very loyal player who pays a fair amount of your salary.
Post edited by nathanaelje on

Comments

• vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    they dont give a ****.

but

+1

Season 7 was a friggin deathblow
    :eek:
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Peace out don't let the door hit you in the but.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dude... that's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. We don't even know if that change was intentional or not yet (and assuming won't help).

Edit: And wow vinru821, it's only been one day and you're already calling the season a deathblow... things typically need time to actually be something like that, but I guess you didn't think when you posted that :rolleyes:
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited November 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    Dude... that's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. We don't even know if that change was intentional or not yet (and assuming won't help).

Edit: And wow vinru821, it's only been one day and you're already calling the season a deathblow... things typically need time to actually be something like that, but I guess you didn't think when you posted that :rolleyes:

say what you want.

You will see.

They ****ed us all WAY too hard this time.. um here let me use one of these childish things on a reply to you as well.. :rolleyes:
    edited November 2012
    vinru821 wrote: »
    say what you want.

You will see.

They ****ed us all WAY too hard this time.. um here let me use one of these childish things on a reply to you as well.. :rolleyes:
    I doubt that, as this simply isn't the problem you're blowing out of proportion ;) And I don't have a line to cross, just wait and see.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Can't help but think it's intentional since they refuse to respond to this. They see the threads as threads are being merged.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
    edited November 2012
    Can't help but think it's intentional since they refuse to respond to this. They see the threads as threads are being merged.
    And that's the issue: assuming things, with or without bias, is not helping things.

Actually waiting to see what's really the case is overall better, and I understand that. But it seems not many actually do...
    Was named Trek17.

edited November 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Nice :P

Shame that same lock will only dig people's opinions in deeper, before they're shocked out of them, hopefully. Things would be much nicer if that happened.
    Was named Trek17.

• carnivottcarnivott Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just played season 7. I'm not a complainer. I play a lot of games and they all get changed. But the changes are never this dramatically bad. The elimination of dilithium sources is an unacceptable nerf. I typically look forward to earning enough dilithium to buy new ships and other things from the zen store. But with the recent changes, instead of taking a few weeks to earn a new ship, or a few days to earn a new DOFF pack, it will take a few months. I don't have the patience for that kind of grind.

I tried one of the new five player STF's and was bored out of my mind. Sure, the Borg STF's are stale, but they are still challenging enough to make them exciting to play.

Cryptic/Perfect World chose a really bad time to make a bonehead move. Star Wars: The Old Republic goes free to play in two days. I was thinking of trying it out, but now I'm looking at SWTOR not as a diversion, but as a substitute.

There is the possibility that the exchange rate of dilithium will change such that half as much dilitium with buy the same amount of Zen. But until that happens, or Cryptic institutes more sources for dilithium, I won't be playing. That means going from playing about three hours a night to zero. Starting now.
    edited November 2012
    I doubt that, as this simply isn't the problem you're blowing out of proportion ;) And I don't have a line to cross, just wait and see.

lmfao you're a friggin kid.

Im not arguing with a child.
    edited November 2012
    lmfao you're a friggin kid.

Im not arguing with a child.
    By what standard?

And imo, you're simply too deep in rage to be thinking clearly... something which is depressingly common on this forum, with most major changes people don't like.
    Was named Trek17.

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Brandon and Crew must be busy as "I quit" threads don't make it past page 1 before being closed.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited November 2012
    By what standard?

Because imo, you're simply too deep in rage to be thinking clearly... something which is depressingly common on this forum, on most major changes people don't like.

Your age.

Not hard to find out who you are from your little book link.

Goodnight, past your bedtime, you have school in the morning.
    edited November 2012
    Dude, that year is the copyright date, it doesn't tell you my actual age :rolleyes:

That right there tells me you have little (if any) common sense, or thinking processes...
    Was named Trek17.

edited November 2012
    Dude, that year is the copyright date, it doesn't tell you my actual age :rolleyes:

your facebook does fool.

http://www.facebook.com/derek.hitchmough

:rolleyes:
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I actually find it funny that any one player thinks they pay a fair portion of anyone's salary, even at federal minimum wage (and I'm fairly sure that CA minimum is well above that).

7.25/hr x 40 hrs/wk x 52 weeks/yr = annual salary of 15,080

That's just for one person. A "fair amount" of even that is a ridiculous amount of money.

Anyway, mathematics aside, we should be used to knee jerk "I quit" threads by now. Nerd rage abounds on the forums, after all.

It's much the same as in the real world. Things don't go someone's way, they quit, think that they're entitled enough that their quitting really means more than spitting in the wind, and we give our obligatory "who gives a rat's patoot" finger twirl....

ROLL TIDE ROLL
    edited November 2012
    I actually find it funny that any one player thinks they pay a fair portion of anyone's salary, even at federal minimum wage (and I'm fairly sure that CA minimum is well above that).

7.25/hr x 40 hrs/wk x 52 weeks/yr = annual salary of 15,080

That's just for one person. A "fair amount" of even that is a ridiculous amount of money.

well this i have to agree with lol
    edited November 2012
    your facebook does fool.

http://www.facebook.com/derek.hitchmough

:rolleyes:
    And if you did your research, you'd actually click the born tab, which would scroll down and show my actual birth date, which is June 17, 1992... :rolleyes:

So yeah, I'm actually 20.
    Was named Trek17.

• outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=747851

Oh its confirmed alright. An 11th hour change made with no warning what so ever. He isnt the only one leaving. I'm uninstalling as we speak.
    edited November 2012
    And if you did your research, you'd actually click the born tab, which would scroll down and show my actual birth date, which is June 17, 1992... :rolleyes:

So yeah, I'm actually 20.

Yes.. Child.
    edited November 2012
    Yes.. Child.
    You're insane :rolleyes: That is all
    Was named Trek17.

edited November 2012
    You're insane :rolleyes: That is all

you got it kid.

EDIT: I'll make sure to pass along your feedback, but as "I quit" threads are not allowed because they always turn into flame threads where the poster gets trolled, I unfortunately have to close this one done. Remember, now that the game is free-to-play, feel free to stop back anytime. We hope to see you again soon! ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.