test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crew deaths

nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just noticed something odd, the game is killing your crew before torpedos hit your ship.

I just entered a B'Tran encounter, the nicor ship launched a heavy plama torp, I saw my crew die off immediately... I wasn't even hit yet and the instance just started. A few seconds later my crew drops off again, at the same second another torpedo launches but doesn't hit me..
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Post edited by nicha0 on

Comments

• Options
    sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Crew deaths have always been an enigma to me too.

I'm killing probes in KASE, no one is shooting back and yet my crew starts dieing off. By the time I'm finished over 3/4 of my crew is dead from...some mysterious probe ailment.
  • Options
    starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Honestly, I think the crew in STO is horrible. Horrible in a sense that they die from any and everything... I rather have Holoemitters...
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Crew in most cases are irrelevant too this point it is pointless really.

They are suppose to help heal your Hull repair but even if you have full crew it does TRIBBLE sorry to say.The crew of your ship deals with repairing damaged ship systems and hull and at this point it really does not seem to work half the time be cause the repairing is so small that they are really irrelevant to the game it self.Hell they do not even fight off the boarding party's from what i see like there suppose to.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well I checked later on and if the high yield plasma was launched close, like <3k your crew dies instantly. The torps launched at me from farther away didn't do this.

Crew does heal your hull faster, but not by a lot. I do notice large differences in systems offline with a larger crew.

Oddly in a ship with 200 crew they are extremely durable, a ship with 750 crew loses them by the buss load.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel