test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Federation starbase suggestion

cptdangcptdang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Federation Discussion
I really like the idea of having several decks on the fed starbase. It makes the base feel like it has depth... literally. And most of what is going on with the base I love.

I have one major critique/suggestion. The ops deck doesn't really feel like an ops. The operations center of a starbase should feel like the nerve center. Right now the primary feel of ops is a recreation center or a lobby.

I know we have that area where the bank is that looks like an operations center, but the whole deck is ops. It would be nice to make the primary feeling of the whole deck to be what it is, ops.

I'm sure that would be alot of work, but I think it would effectively transform the interior feel of the base. For starts, maybe adding more consoles in the center of the room and a giant holographic display that hangs from the ceiling. :D
Post edited by cptdang on

Comments

• tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think they should take that big circle thing in the center, put a big pylon there with a turboshaft that leads to a platform above the "lobby" that has something like a command center on it. The move some of the NPCS and hotspot consoles there for some of the starbase stuff (like the OOW and Duty Officer Contacts)
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You don't mean a separate map, but just a second level like the Promenade on DS9? That's an interesting idea. You'd basically just take the contents of the OOW room and stick it up there. Then, to get back down, you can just jump over the railing. At least, that's how I usually get down from such places :D
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You don't mean a separate map, but just a second level like the Promenade on DS9? That's an interesting idea. You'd basically just take the contents of the OOW room and stick it up there. Then, to get back down, you can just jump over the railing. At least, that's how I usually get down from such places :D

Yes not a separate map, just a platform with glass and braces attaching it to the dome.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Replacing the phasers and photon torpedoes on my starbase. I, personally, would like some Tetryon beams and Transphasic torpedoes on MY starbase.

That's what I want.

But your plan is sound.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Embassy holding has an Ops Level that feels like the true nerve center of the Embassy. I am not sure what else to call the Ops Level of the Starbase since it has too many uses. There is the Ops area, requistion area, and recreational area. Lobby could work if the actual Ops area was moved, but would require more work.
  • cptdangcptdang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Embassy holding has an Ops Level that feels like the true nerve center of the Embassy. I am not sure what else to call the Ops Level of the Starbase since it has too many uses. There is the Ops area, requistion area, and recreational area. Lobby could work if the actual Ops area was moved, but would require more work.

I was on tribble yesterday and saw the embassy Ops. My immediate thought was exactly what you said. THAT is a true nerve center. When you stand in the middle of that room, it feels like you are in the center of the whole complex.

The OOW room on the starbase feels like an annex.