test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What SHOULD I buy pre-S7

lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
edited October 2012 in PvP Gameplay
Have been working on a PvP only toon for a couple months now and I got it just about right- until this S7 monkey wrench- I'm TAC, fly a energy ONLY Raptor, got 4 Lethean bridge crew and eat normal STF's for snacks with AEGIS set and white mk 11 gear.

Since I won't be playing this Romulan mark reputation game I ask for suggestions to cash out my accumulated STF drops: 63 EDC, 15 rare salvage, 2 common shield tech, 2 common deflector tech, 1 mk10 requisition, and 1 mk 11 requisition. I won't be needing borg ship weapons as I'm planning on fleet weapons once I figure out how to roll my 5000 zen into a fleet ship and not get ***** by the lack of discount for KDF fleet ship ugrade.

So lets hear some suggestions, time is ticking.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead
giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Post edited by lordmalak1 on

Comments

• starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A tad bit off topic, but I advice you get all sets in game because rumors that every set (well almost every) is getting a makeover...
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    63 EDC, 15 rare salvage, 2 common shield tech, 2 common deflector tech, 1 mk10 requisition, and 1 mk 11 requisition.

If you don't need weapons ....

common tech , trade for dilithium
    Look into buying the doffs with the salvage
    Pick up a piece of Mk XI KHG or Omega gear you need with 40 EDC
    Dont know what I'd do with the requisitions.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    If you don't need weapons ....

common tech , trade for dilithium
    Look into buying the doffs with the salvage
    Pick up a piece of Mk XI KHG or Omega gear you need with 40 EDC
    Dont know what I'd do with the requisitions.

Cant buy set items with edc's/salvage anymore- that was nerfed with S6 IIRC. And there aren't any DOFF's I can use since I don't need torp doffs and don't do ground with this toon.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Cant buy set items with edc's/salvage anymore- that was nerfed with S6 IIRC. And there aren't any DOFF's I can use since I don't need torp doffs and don't do ground with this toon.

Lots of Doffs then
    :D
  • thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited October 2012
    you can "chokes a bit* turn it all into a liquid asset like dilithium, and then possibly zen if you need it.

this is a good move when looking at future big changes in a marketplace. liquidate some assets, and hold down the fort for a bit until you figure out what will be what.

have fun kill bad guys
  • decker03decker03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Sure you can buy set items with EDC up to MK XI, you never could buy them with rare/prototype salvage though. And it's not that DOFFs are only there for active roster powers, are they?

But yeah, just 1 word: Dilithium.

decker999
    edited October 2012
    decker03 wrote: »
    Sure you can buy set items with EDC up to MK XI, you never could buy them with rare/prototype salvage though. And it's not that DOFFs are only there for active roster powers, are they?

But yeah, just 1 word: Dilithium.

Hmm, I'll look again as wiki still shows the 'old' way of EDC conversion to requisition, but I havent found it last couple months in game.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i'm playing it safe and spending everything before season 7. i have all the sets i need...for now anyway, so dilithium is probably what i will be buying and would recommend buying.
    edited October 2012
    rdm1958 wrote: »
    i'm playing it safe and spending everything before season 7. i have all the sets i need...for now anyway, so dilithium is probably what i will be buying and would recommend buying.

this is not a smart move. unless you plan on not playing the game anymore.
    edited October 2012

I dunno how you can say that, if you don't spend what you currently have you won't get it back until you reach tier 5 of the new system, and by that time you wont need it.

Expect 60-90 days of grind to reach T5.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited October 2012

isn't buying dilithium what you recommended? lol

Seriously, it's hard to say what to do with current assets. We were told to spend them before the S5 patch and the removal of Emblems/Marks, and that ended up being the wrong thing to do.

Dilithium is going to remain a strong asset, however. Kinda like gold in hard economic times, it is a good fallback from what I can see.
    LOLSTO
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited October 2012

contributing to the base keeps me broke. i don't have stockpiles of anything so it will not make me or break me either way.

dilithium is always usable......
  • decker03decker03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hmm, I'll look again as wiki still shows the 'old' way of EDC conversion to requisition, but I havent found it last couple months in game.

That's correct. 40 EDC net you 1 requisition for MK XI set items. Correct me, but that's the way it worked since the revamp.

decker999
  • glxtrader1glxtrader1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Fleet ships are 2k Zen (4 FSMs @ 500 zen each)
    Trade for Dil or Weaps plus the set parts, S7 will lock out all yout STF drops and return it to you after you hit T5 on the new Reputation system. For builds look at other threads
    Keep Vulcan Boob Chick, only baktag likes to stare at guys in MMOs
    edited October 2012
    okay yes i mis spoke.

i am not into the currency game too much in game....i'm really into the currency game in real life though.

converting to dilithium seems like the sound bet to me. i just read "spend it all" ....and my little investor heart went nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    edited October 2012
    decker03 wrote: »
    That's correct. 40 EDC net you 1 requisition for MK XI set items. Correct me, but that's the way it worked since the revamp.

As far as I can tell mk11 requisition no longer allows you to purchase mk11 'special reserve' items since S6 rollout. May have to dump EVERYTHING for dilith, thanks Cryptic.
    :mad:

Another FU to us loyal players, see if I renew my sub.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have so much dilith on my main it'd take weeks to refine anyway. I have all the sets with the exception of mk. 12 maco, even have a 3rd mk12 space set made into requisitions just at the off chance i could use them for a new set. The rest of the stuff i think i'll hold onto and test in the eventual tribble update to find out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • spacepenguin121spacepenguin121 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As far as I can tell mk11 requisition no longer allows you to purchase mk11 'special reserve' items since S6 rollout. May have to dump EVERYTHING for dilith, thanks Cryptic.
    :mad:

Another FU to us loyal players, see if I renew my sub.

You can't use the regular mk11 requisition, you need the veteran shield/deflector/engine requisition for the set items. These are also available from Roxy under one of the other menu options for either 40 EDC or the relevant rare tech drop.
    edited October 2012
    Why are you all so sad. We have Mechwarrior in our lives now :)
  • shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited October 2012
    I dunno how you can say that, if you don't spend what you currently have you won't get it back until you reach tier 5 of the new system, and by that time you wont need it.

Expect 60-90 days of grind to reach T5.
    My understanding, according to my fleet mates who were reading this last night, that the tech and salvages were going to be converted into the new currency.

You can use the currency to buy the sets, but you can't open it until you reach T5.

I was saving a prototype ground weapon tech and one of each prototype space tech (in case there was a new set worth getting). But, I think I'm going to just exchange them for now (still need to get the mk XII omega set and a mk XII maco engine), and let the rest of the tech/salvages be converted to the new currency.
    edited October 2012
    You can't use the regular mk11 requisition, you need the veteran shield/deflector/engine requisition for the set items. These are also available from Roxy under one of the other menu options for either 40 EDC or the relevant rare tech drop.

Do you know where it's at ? That's the reason I've been doing STF's on this toon, but havent seen the edc conversion to special reserve item option since S6. I bought my set gear on my other toon with EDC's but haven't been able to do it on this toon. A Mk 11 KHG shield will do just fine, I don't need the mk12 for elites.

Am actually considering dumping everything to dilith, then doing the grind with my current gear. Ya think my elite PuG teammates will appreciate me wingin them with white gear and an AEGIS set ? I'll just tell em' 'Dan and company made me do it'.

LOL, I can almost hear the screams and complaining now.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited October 2012
    Do you know where it's at ? That's the reason I've been doing STF's on this toon, but havent seen the edc conversion to special reserve item option since S6. I bought my set gear on my other toon with EDC's but haven't been able to do it on this toon. A Mk 11 KHG shield will do just fine, I don't need the mk12 for elites.

Am actually considering dumping everything to dilith, then doing the grind with my current gear. Ya think my elite PuG teammates will appreciate me wingin them with white gear and an AEGIS set ? I'll just tell em' 'Dan and company made me do it'.

LOL, I can almost hear the screams and complaining now.

It should be available from Roxy under one of the options unless it's been stealth removed recently. I'll check for it when I get home.

As for pugging ESTFs, I'd rather be teamed with someone using common mk x gear that actually has a clue about how to setup and fly their ship and do the mission, than with a lot of the pugs I've gotten, even if they are running better gear. The difference gear makes in STFs is marginal really.
    edited October 2012
    You could crash-course ESTFs and hunt for rare (not proto, but rare) tech and EDCs, since if you get just 1 rare tech from any of the three, and a total of just 80 EDCs, you can buy a full Mk11 set, probably Omega if you're running an all-energy raptor. Especially if you focus on ISE, you might get lucky and get a proto shield, then you could run Omega deflector/engine 11 for the tet glider, plus the slightly better KHG 12 shield.
  • falloutx23falloutx23 Member Posts: 456
    edited October 2012
    Well, this might not be for e1, but I'm going to buy myself an ironclad life insurance policy. I don't know about you, but just the thought of the rep grind make me want to kill myself. Don't think the launch of s7 is going to help that at all.
    edited October 2012
    You could crash-course ESTFs and hunt for rare (not proto, but rare) tech and EDCs, since if you get just 1 rare tech from any of the three, and a total of just 80 EDCs, you can buy a full Mk11 set, probably Omega if you're running an all-energy raptor. Especially if you focus on ISE, you might get lucky and get a proto shield, then you could run Omega deflector/engine 11 for the tet glider, plus the slightly better KHG 12 shield.

That was my though, but with less than 10 days before conversion I don't think I'll make it. I don't run elites with my current setup- it's too soft, BUT since under the new system I'm guaranteed mk12 gear I'll test to see how soft it really is, in my Pach. I have MUCH better luck with my ENG/Qin doing elites, but I don't need the gear on that toon.

I just don't think the PuG's I'm gonna end up playing with are gonna appreciate what I'm bringing into the battle. You think the leaver/afk'er crying is loud, you ain't seen nuthin yet.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• houseofcritzhouseofcritz Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    falloutx23 wrote: »
    Well, this might not be for e1, but I'm going to buy myself an ironclad life insurance policy. I don't know about you, but just the thought of the rep grind make me want to kill myself. Don't think the launch of s7 is going to help that at all.

I have to agree i think S7 will just drive more people away bc of all the grinding your going to have to do..:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote of the week:
    sollvax wrote: »
    a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Barring major unexpected changes dil is the safest bet so far. It's already fairly valuable (hence massively deflated Zen prices) because of the fleet sinks, it's only going to get worse when at least two more sinks are introduced, DOff dil prices rocket up and the dil rewards for various and sundry get slashed.

It's also just a good thing to keep funds in overall since it's used for so much stuff and isn't going anywhere any time soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That was my though, but with less than 10 days before conversion I don't think I'll make it. I don't run elites with my current setup- it's too soft, BUT since under the new system I'm guaranteed mk12 gear I'll test to see how soft it really is, in my Pach. I have MUCH better luck with my ENG/Qin doing elites, but I don't need the gear on that toon.

I just don't think the PuG's I'm gonna end up playing with are gonna appreciate what I'm bringing into the battle. You think the leaver/afk'er crying is loud, you ain't seen nuthin yet.

You can do plenty in 10 days. Elites aren't that hard, and tactics are more important than gear (so long as your setup is logical). Hit a room like EliteSTF or PublicSTF and group with some good people. Plus Cure is the bonus-of-the-week next wednesday, paying out 4 EDC per run, and with the way its glitching lately you can run it over and over with no cooldown. To get 80 EDC from where you are now you need, what, 2 runs a day for the next week? Bound to get a rare tech in there somewhere.
    edited October 2012
    You can do plenty in 10 days. Elites aren't that hard, and tactics are more important than gear (so long as your setup is logical). Hit a room like EliteSTF or PublicSTF and group with some good people. Plus Cure is the bonus-of-the-week next wednesday, paying out 4 EDC per run, and with the way its glitching lately you can run it over and over with no cooldown. To get 80 EDC from where you are now you need, what, 2 runs a day for the next week? Bound to get a rare tech in there somewhere.

Hmmm, definitely food for thought, thanks.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited October 2012

So I checked and it is still available for 40 EDC. Go to Commander Roxy in DS9 and select "Redeem Borg ECD's, Salvage, or Tech", then choose "Special Reserve Requisitions", then "Veteran Requisitions" and it will bring up the list of all requisitions for the mk xi set items. If you do this ans still don't see the list put in a ticket.