test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whatever happened to "dilithium is your reward for time put into the game"?

dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
If I remember and understand some of the "historical" posts correctly, one of the goals of the Dilithium system was so that you would earn a certain amount of Dilithium for every activity you completed in-game, almost like how you earn ECs from every activity in the game...

And the 8k/day limit was to prevent "power players" with no life but tons of time to play from skewing the system via earning tons of dil while "casual" players were expected to have a somewhat hard time of it in 1-2 hours / day play...

However, this is still not the case. Not a shred of dilithium from the storyline missions, heck, first toon that I took from 1-50 storyline, he was lucky to earn 8k Dil from the "storyline" activities of exploring the various sector blocks & the initial raid on Ker'rat...

The last new source of Dilithium is the mining event (released during season 5), unless you count the "random" Nukara "dailies" of Thinning the herd / crystal matters...

And, there's a "rationale" that you don't want "older" content abandoned because of the "newer" content... Aka - the only reason to hang around Defera after the storyarc is the fact that it's one of the richest sectors in Dilithium...

Did anyone ever stop to think that by varying the reward levels (give, say, 200 dil for each "fleet event" ran, but keep the bigger 1440 payouts in Defera / the nebula missions...) the possibility to actually meet this theoretical goal of "dilithium from every in-game activity" can be met?

Then, you just run into the ire of price raising and the amount of time that needs to be invested to get all the desired toys, not both QQing about time required in "older" content + the price increases...
Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]