Options

Season 7 Dev Blog #4

1235»

Comments

• Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    terilynns wrote: »
    So really what you're thinking is that it must be totally cheap to develop three or more apps? Then spend the enormous amount of continued overhead not just to develop them, but to pay for the constant upkeep/coding, etc. on more than 3 separate apps? TBH I'd rather they spend the salaries on people who can actually make Featured Episodes.

Personally, I like the idea that I won't have to BUY and app for my iPad AND my laptop AND my Android phone AND my DS - Now I'll be able to use whatever tool is easiest FOR ME and not have to think about schlepping along the device I chose to buy the app on.

So - it's cheaper, yes. It's cheaper for Crytpic and SHOCK it'll be cheaper for us.

I'm thrilled with the idea - as long as I can access the web, I'll be able to access this gateway. I'm really looking forward to seeing what new stuff will come over the course of the game!

Ditto! Would have preferred an app, but free is free. And anything that requires less development time is a win.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    calstraven wrote: »
    I didn't read the 11 pages of posts and this probably has been posted because there are very smart people who think of these things but I hope that the events calendar and the hourly events are available via the web. i don't know how many times I've wondered if a tour the galaxy or crafting event is coming up only to miss it because I didn't have time to launch and log into the game. This would be a great help and I would definitely access via my phone.

Thanks!

Ditto for me also.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    themarie wrote: »
    Can I call down an orbital strike while in traffic?

What about dispatch a shuttle to pick up my dry-cleaning?

Randomly beam people where the sun doesn't shine?

Those are the features I think need to be developed before silly things like "doff management." Nuking things from orbit is way WAY more important.

LOL. Too funny.
  • Options
    captainmarshalcaptainmarshal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Can't wait! :)
    Marshal Durham@captainmarshal
    Joined the STO forums and Star Trek Online on August 11, 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]