test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what happen to being able to customize your ships?

thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
seem like all the new ships as of late are pretty much locked in to a single body style with the only real options being the hull markings and Material

i can understand not wanting to create a ton more Animation work for something like the 1k ships, but like the Tuffli we see NPC freighters with different cargo pod configurations, it would be nice to be able to have a few diffident "Main hull" types to set along with a little customization beyond me running a Jem set on mine because it makes it purple
Post edited by thenumber55 on

Comments

• drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not all the ships have multiple skins. The Galaxy-X only had one for the longest time. Not to say that more couldn't be added later to any of the ships. It just takes some time to create them. I'm sure if the art guys get bored they can make something up, but i'm sure they are all pretty busy with season 7.
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I believe they are still planning on integrating this feature into the foundry. It was stated back in the April Ask Cryptic. Of course, it will be some time before we see that ability since they are also working on Neverwinter and what they do in one game's foundry will be eventually implemented in the other.

/me realizes topic was for outside...

Ships pretty much have limited customization on the outside. Remember the ships are constructed with a skeleton and it's not so easy to modify the skeleton. That's why we can't have our own "custom" ships within the game.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They would release a lot fewer ships if they had to make multiple skins for each, but I think it is time they went back and added some new skins as we have so many ships now. a 2409 skin for the excelsior or new skins for the varanus or kar'fi for example would be nice to see.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Which will then promptly become unique skins for fleet vessels.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Which will then promptly become unique skins for fleet vessels.

or 5000 zen ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Making a new skin for a new ship is as much work as making a new skin for an old ship. If we have to choose, I'd choose "more new ships", at least until all the really popular requests are in.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They would release a lot fewer ships if they had to make multiple skins for each, but I think it is time they went back and added some new skins as we have so many ships now. a 2409 skin for the excelsior or new skins for the varanus or kar'fi for example would be nice to see.

Not to mention the number needed to put the KDF ship costume selection on par with Feds.
    11 KDF C-store ships have no customization.
    5 free KDF ships have no customization outside of buying a C-ship.
    So...
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    Making a new skin for a new ship is as much work as making a new skin for an old ship. If we have to choose, I'd choose "more new ships", at least until all the really popular requests are in.

i understand this, but i am talking about Skins and models that are already in the game like with the Tuffli, there is more then one model of the ship but the players only have access to a single one
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i understand this, but i am talking about Skins and models that are already in the game like with the Tuffli, there is more then one model of the ship but the players only have access to a single one

NPC models can't be used for PC ships. They're much lower-res, and have fewer weapons firing points.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    NPC models can't be used for PC ships. They're much lower-res, and have fewer weapons firing points.

Yup, they have to cleaned up like the Bugship, Galor, D'kora, more to come.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...