test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cruiser Retrofit

utilyanutilyan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Federation Discussion
I love star trek.

I fly a refit cruiser even tho its out matched. Most beutiful ship. plump vesper saucer and thick vesper neck, constitution jet engine hull, curvy excalibur pylons, exeter nacelles.

I wish I had a toy replica.

In one hand it catches the spirit of the last movie being a out classed under dog small cruiser. You can certainly pick up some skill flying when everything is bigger, more agile or faster then you are.

It always leaves me dreaming what is Cruiser Retrofit/Fleet going to be like? Maybe some of you guys got ideas what kinda hull points it would have?

I tried to think it in proportion to what they did with the science vessel (nova) cause they both were close.

would it be:

tactical-lt tactical-ens engineer-cmd engineer-ltC science-lt.

?

And then the fleet version would drop the tac-ens have the tactical lt.commander and a ens-engi?

3 fore, 3 aft on weapons?

Make it so :D

common all ya gotta do is slap retrofit n' fleet label. :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't think they plan on giving us a T2 Cruiser retrofit/fleet, or I'm thinking it would already be done, as the Nova/Sabre Retrofit and Fleet are already available.

Which, I don't understand why not. The Excalibur and Vesper are supposed to be modernized, updated versions of the old Constitution frame, and the Exeter is the extremely modern version of it.

So, can't see why they won't do it. I mean, the base Heavy Cruiser, the Cheyenne, was aging even at the Battle of Wolf 359, and yet we have completely modern update of that in the Retrofit and Fleet, and the other 3, non-Connie skins, are supposed to be more modern then the Cheyenne.
  • utilyanutilyan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I suppose its a matter of demand.

I think it would be good in the long run.

The exploration cruiser is great for TNG spirit. The constitutions do good for original and new movies.

Someone whos level 50 has the biggest ship with the biggest guns at one point might give up thier GOD MODE comfort zone to PLAY-PLAY Star Trek.

These new movies are going to inspire folks to constituion type ships. I currently use my Refit and theres a great thrill to every fight.

In a way I guess it might be best to always wish for it and never get it. :D

It could spoil the feel of being a underdog.
    edited October 2012
    Could a mirror T5 be a loophole? :D
    edited October 2012
    If they wont take a T5 mirror.

How bout T4?
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I really don't see why a Fleet Excalibur would be a problem, too. It's a ship from our era, and everything else has T2 retrofits!

They can just prevent people from using the Connie refit skin after all...

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!