test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GROUND: Kitswitching, and how to fix it

guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
edited October 2012 in PvP Gameplay
One can use multiple instances of the same kit in ground pvp to avoid being stuck with a long cooldown. For example, one can kitswitch to a fresh Operative kit to cancel cloak (thereby getting a fresh Cloak available immediately), kitswitch to a fresh kit to reduce a long default power recharge time to a short "minimum duration" recharge time while out of red alert, kitswitch repeatedly to superbuff someone with multiple simultaneous instances of Equipment Diagnostics, etc.

This is probably not an intended feature, or else powers would just reset naturally when red alert cleared, rather than having to be used through a cumbersome inventory UI.

It can also be fixed fairly trivially: flag all kits as unique, dump excess kits to an overflow bag so that players can sell them on the exchange one by one.

Certain abilities could still be sidestepped by having kits with duplicate powers, like kitswitching from Operative to Fire Team to get a fresh ambush, etc. But, this is a relatively minor side-effect.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    omegashotgunomegashotgun Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I must agree whole heartedly, kit switching has become a large issue on the ground especially when used en mass.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, this is a really nasty problem indeed. They removed kit-switching to dual-wield kits more or less, but left in such a huge problem like this.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited October 2012
    i thought a recent patch stopped the kit switching? or are you saying thta having 2 of an identical kit can be switched?
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You can still have multiple kits switched to cancel the recycle of longer cooldown abilities. If you don't want to wait 30s to cloak again, switch and cloak now. The problem is the cooldowns are related to the items and not the abilities.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I actually think everyone VA50 and above should be able to "cross train," if not for any actual skills from one of the other two career paths, then the ability to equip a second or third kit from the other careers.

So my Engineer can carry Bunker Fabrication, Grenade Satchel, and Physicist Kits.
    :cool:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Funny how non tacticals think grenade satchel is awesome and not a single tac touches it, lol
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Funny how non tacticals think grenade satchel is awesome and not a single tac touches it, lol

It's the only one I bother buying for a TAC, though it was way more fun back when the individual grenade types didn't share a cooldown. Used to be that you could throw them all in rapid succession. Don't know why someone thought that needed a nerf. Probably due do someone sniveling about PvP. :rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!