test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Raised Ferengi whip price?

kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
Used to be 15 Lobi if I remember right. Now it's 50. Lost all interest in it now.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
-I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
-The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
Post edited by kdawgenigma on

Comments

• boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Used to be 15 Lobi if I remember right. Now it's 50. Lost all interest in it now.

In fairness, it was 15 back when you weren't gauranteed a minimum of 4 lobi per box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It was so cheap as a consolation for all the people who felt ripped off by the 1 Lobi drops in almost every box. So now they adjusted the price since the boxes now drop more reasonable amounts of lobi. The actual "value" didn't really change.
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It was so cheap as a consolation for all the people who felt ripped off by the 1 Lobi drops in almost every box. So now they adjusted the price since the boxes now drop more reasonable amounts of lobi. The actual "value" didn't really change.
    Actually, its value has gone down slightly. It used to be you'd get a minimum of 1 lobi per box, and most of them dropped that much. That meant you potentially had to open 15 boxes to get the whip. Now that the minimum lobi drop is 4 lobi, boxes have quadrupled in value, relatively speaking.

If the whip followed the same change in value, it would actually be 60 lobi (15 x 4) instead of the 50 it's worth. That's only 13 boxes or less that you have to open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    In fairness, it was 15 back when you weren't gauranteed a minimum of 4 lobi per box.

What they said^^
    When the energy whip came out, it was 30 Lobi (i believe if my memory is right).
    After the anger of the 1 Lobi per box, the Scavenger hunt for 20 free Lobi was introduced, and the price was dropped to 15 as "compensation" for the player outrage for what amounts to a Novelty item.
    Since the current inseption of the boxes have 4 times the minimum Lobi as the Ferengi Boxes did, this actually works out "cheaper" on the Novelty weapons.
    If the price of the 15 Lobi novelty weapon was raised by the same value, the Crystal sword would have been 60 Lobi instead of 50.
    So it's like they "lowered" the price of the Whip to 12.5 Lobi, respectively.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The way I saw it was the 15 lobi price was an "I'm sorry" for botched Lobi store launch. You could earn the whip for free doing the mission replays, that's how I got it.

Now that its back the promo "I'm sorry" price doesn't apply any more.
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dang, Pwe Ferengi assimilated Chinese comunistic game company, always gouging the heck out of us Star Fleet Captains!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Something had to go up in price (although not really apparently), because the Ferengi Shuttle is only 300 lobi now instead of 800?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dang, Pwe Ferengi assimilated Chinese comunistic game company, always gouging the heck out of us Star Fleet Captains!

price gouging, and not spreading the wealth...seems more like capitalism than communism.

what does them being Chinese have to do with anything....they pretty much do things like any American company would do...(EA)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Something had to go up in price (although not really apparently), because the Ferengi Shuttle is only 300 lobi now instead of 800?

Wow, the shuttle did cost 800. That's a huge price break.

Did any of the other prices change?
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I should be surprised... but I'm not.

The Lobi store is a good idea, but it's been completely and totally botched. :(
  • pianowizzypianowizzy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    The way I saw it was the 15 lobi price was an "I'm sorry" for botched Lobi store launch. You could earn the whip for free doing the mission replays, that's how I got it.

Now that its back the promo "I'm sorry" price doesn't apply any more.

Wait wait wait wait which mission is this??
    Vulcan Science Officer -- Captain of the I.F.D. Gallifrey [Tholian Recluse]
    Ambassador of The Order Of Gallifrey // Representative of the 1701 Renegades

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    pianowizzy wrote: »
    Wait wait wait wait which mission is this??

They hid lobi crystals in Featured Episodes for a special event. One in each episode, claimable once per character, a different FE each week.