test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Merge crouch and aim

zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Controls and User Interface
Dodge bonus of crouch is great bonus, but typically people crouched are also more accurate and are not usually moving.

With that in mind why not give crouch the same Aim bonus as aiming without having to hit 2 totally different buttons
Post edited by zanthe25 on

Comments

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Better yet (and still a perfectly good solution to this), let us keybind multiple things to one key.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • umrathamaumrathama Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Long time ago now those 2 were combined, and they did not work properly to my recollection. They decided to separate them into to commands and prevent crouch walking. I seriously dough that they will recombine them, and or revert to the old broken way, just saying.....
  • alohaa1alohaa1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You can still crouch/walk if you have a magic mouse.
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    umrathama wrote: »
    Long time ago now those 2 were combined, and they did not work properly to my recollection. They decided to separate them into to commands and prevent crouch walking. I seriously dough that they will recombine them, and or revert to the old broken way, just saying.....

The did work properly. The problem was that the devs in their infinite fail forgot to disable the 'aim' when the player stood up.

That is why people got so fed up that crouching, while great with aim, was hard to navigate when you stood up to move..you'd be slow-mo because your toon was aiming.

I did a manual keybind that by pressing one key it does aim toggle then crouch toggle. It works perfectly. Aim->crouch .. bam! you're crouched and aiming. Tap it again twice and from crouch+aim position the toon toggles the aim off and toggles crouch off...voila! he's standing up with no aim.

And I have the standard aim toggle separately for when I want to walk and aim.