test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A thought about fleet Starships

badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
A suggestion about the fleet ships, I'm a solo PvP'er and have no interest in joining a Fleet. Therefor the fleet ships are something i will never get to enjoy.

I would like to suggest an alternative so that people who play as I do, however few they are may use the fleet ships. there is already a shipyard in each home system so why not utilize those?

Add a category to the Doff assignments, call it Shipwright or something, and after gaining a level instead of receiving a Doff you get a token allowing you to claim a Fleet ship of the appropriate rank.

Just one ship, and not the Fleet Specials with 10 equipment slots and extra Boff slots, and it must take more to earn than the normal shipyard available to someone in a fleet, add in the cost of the ship components and I think it is viable.

How ever if you disagree or just didn't bother reading the full post please Flame away!
Post edited by badgerpants999 on

Comments

• Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Perhaps let fleets sell their fleet ships as a means of acquiring resources to help further their star base.

I'm sure that would require some exotic rare uber-tech that would take years to develop... put a stop to all other development and randomly cause fire and brimstone to fall from the sky... but something like this would really help fleets working towards reaching their goals while giving players who don't want to deal with fleet drama access to all the ships in the game.
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A suggestion about the fleet ships, I'm a solo PvP'er and have no interest in joining a Fleet. Therefor the fleet ships are something i will never get to enjoy. ...
    Its true that you can't enjoy having a Fleet ship without joining a Fleet, it is possible to own a 10 console Fleet quality ship without joining a Fleet...

The Odyssey class is already a 10 console Fleet quality ship, available for purchase from the Z-Store... (And I purchased my Odyssey 3-Pack using in-game assets, saving up and converting Dilthium to C-Points/Zen.)

The Cardassian 'Galor' and Ferengi 'D'Kora' are also 10 console Fleet quality ships, and can still be purchased on the Exchange. (But for very large sums of ECs) And the current 'Lock Box' Tholian ships are also 10 console ships... Since you're not a member of a Fleet, there's a good market for selling Duty Officers on the Exchange. And once your character is at max-level cap and fully out-fitted, what else are you going to spend your Dilithium on ???
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2012
    I think the op answered his/her own question. You cannot get access to fleet ships unless you are part of a fleet and contribute to said starbase for credits.

No one is forcing you too to join a fleet, but then you wont have access to the fleet ships either.

You could of course buy one of the many lockbox ships as said above, which are the same level as the fleet ships.

As far as fleet ships go, then that should remain as is.
  • Options
    jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A suggestion about the fleet ships, I'm a solo PvP'er and have no interest in joining a Fleet. Therefor the fleet ships are something i will never get to enjoy.

I'm disappointed to hear that, however, Fleet ships should stay as fleet ships.

If you want one join a fleet. There should be no other way to get one other then being in a fleet.

Jim
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There are some fleets that are selling fleet ships for ec, you just need a little money and you can join the fleet, get the ship, and leave. Im a member of a fairly large fleet but i have been tempted to do this because my fleet isnt focusing on the shipyard
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    there are many fleets out there, that sell fleet ships. expensive, but still. last time i heard, a german PVP fleet were selling t3 ships for 20 million ec.
    just ask around, sure you will find some fleets that will sell it for a smaller fee.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2012
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    There are some fleets that are selling fleet ships for ec, you just need a little money and you can join the fleet, get the ship, and leave. Im a member of a fairly large fleet but i have been tempted to do this because my fleet isnt focusing on the shipyard

Yeah though unless you had already been in a fleet, you would not have the fleet credits to buy any of the ships. So simply "selling" fleet provisions for ec means nothing to someone who has never been in a fleet ;)
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    OP could create his own one man fleet and have access to fleet ships. So, no real problem here.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    OP could create his own one man fleet and have access to fleet ships. So, no real problem here.

Apparently there is a forum poster that is almost at a Tier 3 Starbase in a solo fleet.

Easiest method is pay millions of EC to a fleet leader or contribute some resources, contribute some resources to their fleet for the Fleet Credits, and buy a fleet ship.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Find a PvP fleet, joint it, contribute to its starbase, purchase a Fleet ships when availible, leave fleet.

Though you may be surprised and find you like the fleet and stay becuase you made friends of its members.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    we are talking about 20k fleet credits...thats 400 fleet marks. i mean, 8 days foundry daily! really not a big deal
    Go pro or go home