test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Data and Enterprise E

owenfelix69owenfelix69 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
Maybe i have missed something, but what ever happened to the Enterprise E and Data as Captain...
Post edited by owenfelix69 on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All I know is that Data was killed at the end of Nemesis, leaving only the much less able B4 in his place. In the special features of the DVD you can see the extra footage of the Enterprise E being repaired back and Picard still at the helm. That's where the film series ended and the JJ universe began. Hopefully we will see in a future real Trek movie what happened next and we can forget about the awful JJ bastardised version.

The 2nd movie by JJ is being filmed as we speak. There are plans for a 3rd one also but just as the 2nd one wasn't set in stone, the 3rd may not happen. For what it is worth, I thoroughly enjoyed the latest Star Trek film. Looking forward to the one being filmed now and the planned 3rd one too. Been a Trekkie since I was in the womb listening to my mother watch TOS, nearly 35 years ago. Having seen every Star Trek episode and movie, besides all the animated series, I just do not understand why some hate the JJ film so much. I loved it.

As for Data, all we know from canon (novels/comics) is that the Enterprise-E and her crew, with Data as its Captain, were all lost and have not been heard from since. Also, B4 became data as Data's positronic pathways were downloaded into B4, resurrecting Data in B4's body or cloning him, however you want to look at it - this was in Nemesis. In STO, the Soong Foundation did this - so while the Data we know does indeed have the body of B4, he is actually Data now and B4 is no more.
    Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
    Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
    Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    The 2nd movie by JJ is being filmed as we speak. There are plans for a 3rd one also but just as the 2nd one wasn't set in stone, the 3rd may not happen. For what it is worth, I thoroughly enjoyed the latest Star Trek film. Looking forward to the one being filmed now and the planned 3rd one too. Been a Trekkie since I was in the womb listening to my mother watch TOS, nearly 35 years ago. Having seen every Star Trek episode and movie, besided all the animated series, I just do not understand why some hate the JJ film so much. I loved it.

All we know from canon (novels/comics) is that The Enterprise-E, with Data as its Captain, were lost and have not been heard from since.

Novels and comics are not canon they are soft canon. Since star trek started as a TV show and movies, those are considered hard/true canon. Until said other vise. This is what I think.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i'm pretty sure it says on some of the "path to 2409" data pads that the enterprise e under the command of captain data went missing
    Go pro or go home
    edited September 2012
    raj011 wrote: »
    Novels and comics are not canon they are soft canon. Since star trek started as a TV show and movies, those are considered hard/true canon. Until said other vise. This is what I think.

To each their own. For me, if it has been approved by CBS/Paramount to be written or directed, then it is canon. There is no soft canon in my opinion and such term is just the result of fans not liking some thing or another-- just like how some feel that the JJ movies or even STO are not canon.
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    did not any one see picard talking to B-4 before the end of nemesis?

and ask for canon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_canon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited September 2012
    It was done to make money and nothing more, it has no real parentage, hence my term bastardised. JJ is not a ST fan, he makes good movies for sure but he doesn't care who 's dreams he shatters whilst doing it, all he sees are $$$$$$$

you are right about JJ not being a star trek fan he is really a star wars fan and why the movie played more like a star wars movie and even admits to being one in the special feature of the movie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Star Trek Canon.

Gene Roddenberry (you know, the guy who created Star Trek?) doesn't consider any of the comics/novels to be canon. And yes, this includes his own books.

Besides, do you really want Shatner's books to be canon?
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hello people get back on topic, not about cannon about what the hell happened to data and the enterprise e
    edited September 2012
    My god answer the damn question without asking another question. Enterprise e and data gone and now enterprise f, proceed to fill the gaps please !!!!!!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Read the STO novel The Needs of the Many. During the long war, Data was needed for the war, so B4 sacrificed himself to allow Data to surface in the body, B4 was then transferred to the Holodeck. Data was then given command of the Enterprise E, rescued Worf from Nero (In STO:Countdown), then shortly before 2409 (STO) the ENT E and Captain Data vanished.

See no need to discuss canon.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited September 2012
    seanftd wrote: »
    My god answer the damn question without asking another question. Enterprise e and data gone and now enterprise f, proceed to fill the gaps please !!!!!!

my god use google
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited September 2012
    Yay I love you lol you gave us a straight answer lol
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In STO canon we don't know what happened to Data and the E. Cryptic has never told us - though DStahl has hinted that we will eventually find out. All we know is that the E was sent to investigate a starbase that wasn't responding and now we have the F with a new Captain. So in STO canon Data is either dead or captured (the E was destroyed), retired (he returned in the E and they decommissioned it), or captaining another ship that isn't the Enterprise (due to the E being destroyed or decommissioned).

Since Cryptic doesn't want to pay Brent Spiner a Likeness Rights fee (anyone remember DStahl joking about putting a $125,000.00 C-Store item out so they could pay Spiner) I'm betting on either dead, captured, or retired.

It's also important to keep in mind that Paramount owns the rights to the Enterprise E, as it was a movie ship, not a TV series ship. That means Cryptic needs Paramount's permission to use it in the game as well - though that's far easier to get then Spiner's rights.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You know it puzzles me why it should cost so much. Do the actors ask for that much, is it their agents or is it the Studios that owns the actors (in such a context) voices? I can't see it being the actors as I bet many of them would do it in exchange for a donation to a charity of their choice by Cryptic. Anyone know the answer to this?
    The actors set their own fee rate. It's hard to say why it's so much. Some of its popularity and the actor wanting to capitalize on that popularity. I'm sure Sir Patrick charges several times more then Spiner. But it's also important to keep in mind that most Trek actors don't have a career after Trek and so the only money they make comes from royalties, convention appearances, and licensing fees. So they want to make all the money they can from those categories.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited September 2012

Goodness sakes, several of us did answer you...

edited September 2012
    ive herd alot of the star trek ppl do alot of voice overs for alot of bioware games DA1 and 2 not to say Patrick Stewart did a voice over for The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In the Star Trek Magazine, Spring 2012 issue 40, the Cryptic developer Christine Thompson (Kestrel) writed an history called Unexpected Honor.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/cerritouru/datayshon.jpg

In here, the new E-F captain visit the old one (Data), who is now a teacher in Oxford. Looks like that the Enterprise E was sent to a mission where they were trap in the fluidic universe. Captain Shon indicated that Data saved the Federation from another war and "saved millions" in that mission, and I quote "you completed a impossible task and brought your crew home"

More info here: https://store.startrek.com/products/125691-official-star-trek-magazine-40

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • skatezillaskatezilla Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Data downloaded most of himself,

Data was downloaded into B4,

Data took command of NCC1701-E

NCC1701E Vanished.

if i was to grasp at straws, I'd think if Cryptic was doing an Iconian story line, then we might find out where data went.

other than that, E is gone, and F took it's spot.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

My god, do you not understand the meaning of "Missing in action, all hands presumed lost"?

The ENT-E was sent to investigate a starbase that suddenly "went missing" and in the process suddenly "went missing" too. Gone. Without a trace. Years ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited September 2012
    My god, do you not understand the meaning of "Missing in action, all hands presumed lost"?

The ENT-E was sent to investigate a starbase that suddenly "went missing" and in the process suddenly "went missing" too. Gone. Without a trace. Years ago.

Reed my post and get your fact correct.
    I love when ppl don?t reed: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5656391&postcount=24

The dev in charge of the STO STORY told us in the Star Trek Magazine that Data is alive and the rest of the crew of the E-E is also alive, so inform your self before or reed the post.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In-game, the last we've heard from the ENT-E was that it was sent to investigate the disappearance of Starbase 236, and then nothing after that. This was revealed in the "Path to 2409" datacores. There has been no in-game update to the story.

Link for those that can't/won't/don't collect the Path to 2409 datacores. Scroll down to the last entry.

It should be added that they altered a bit of the already-written "Path to 2409" when they got rid of the timeline on the STO website (around the time this game went F2P). Specifically, leaving out the part that the ENT-E went missing.

EDIT: Also, I'm not paying $10 for a magazine, even if it is the Official Star Trek magazine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited September 2012
    In-game, the last we've heard from the ENT-E was that it was sent to investigate the disappearance of Starbase 236, and then nothing after that. This was revealed in the "Path to 2409" datacores. There has been no in-game update to the story.

??
    And with that, you assumed this: "The ENT-E was sent to investigate a starbase that suddenly "went missing" and in the process suddenly "went missing" too."

You cry canon but you assume to much. The fact is, that the DEV in charge of the STO STORY told us in a STAR TREK OFFICIAL MAGAZINE that the Enterprise didn?t went missing, and that Data is well and alive.

You, keep assuming what ever you want, but when it comes to STO canon, I listen to the devs.

To the rest, well, is simple: believe the player call direphoenix or the dev in charge of the history call Christine Thompson (Kestrel), either way, I don?t really care ;)

Have a good day.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You, keep assuming what ever you want, but when it comes to STO canon, I listen to the devs.

Then you totally misunderstand the definition of Star Trek canon.