test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What new mission ideas are needed to complete the KDF?

bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Klingon Discussion
What new mission ideas are needed to complete the KDF so the faction enjoys a full level range of PvE options?

What kind of PvE missions would you the KDF fan enjoy playing?

What underdeveloped Path to 2409 questions or circumstances would you like these missions to attempt to reveal?

What Orion, Gorn or Nausician missions would you like to see?

What other races would you like to see PvE developed in the KDF?

If House versus House political intrigue PvE missions are developed, what would you like to see in them?

How should the Devs attempt to fix the "Level 1 " Issue? Do we need a new tutorial?

What missions would you like to see explain the KDF versus Federation hostilities better for the KDF? Should these missions lead to a KDF flavored STF and a uneasy peace between the factions?

Do we need KDF flavored STFs to add to the endgame playability of STO? If so, what story would they cover?

Share you views on how to expand the KDF PvE options and finish the faction.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
Post edited by bitemepwe on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    A KDF centered cross-faction STF that focuses on the Undine infiltration and starts the seeds of an unsteady alliance between the factions would be awesome.

For teh KDF player it can be as simple as dialouge and story that demostrates the fact that a fed captan has come to his/her senses and see the truth of why the KDF moved to action when the UFP siad no and is now looking to end the lies.
    It could have the fed player at endgame realizing that the Undine have infact infiltrated deep into the UFP command structure. Using the guise of Section 31 the fed can make his knowledge known to the KDF, seeking assistance in rooting out the Undine once and for all.
    A STF could insue that is KDF centered but cross-faction in gameplay.

The hard part is what setting and place would the STF function within? It could not be Qo'nos and it could not be StarFleet HQ as both would ruin immersion.

Possibly an attack on an Undine StarFleet HQ replica center that allows the players to stop the next wave of Undine doubles and learn the identity of doubles already in place that need to be removed?

R.I.P
  • Options
    cliftona91cliftona91 Member Posts: 254
    edited September 2012
    Perhaps a few missions dealing with quelling pockets of resistance from the many conquered worlds the Empire has. Like Gorns who want to bring back the Hegemony, Naussicaan Pirates, Orion Cartels who don't like the current Matron?

Expand a bit on the Fek'thiri storyline. I loved that mission arc.

Fight the H'urg

Something dealing with the disgraced House of Torg.

I could go on.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »

I'd like to see more Klingon feeling missions, cross faction Federation written missions are just not Klingon. It was a nice idea to try and increase the missions for the KDF but they just don't feel Klingon at all. I'd love more Fek'lhri missions, those are my favourite.
    What underdeveloped Path to 2409 questions or circumstances would you like these missions to attempt to reveal?

The Undine involvement in the Federation/Klingon war. The KDF discovered the Undine yet we have no missions uncovering their involvement. I'd also like to see more Fek'lhri missions, as the entire 4 missions left a lot of loose ends and no real conclusion.

I'd like to see missions covering all species in the KDF including the Lethean's and their attempt to gain influence and acceptance within the Empire. Perhaps some missions were elements of the Orions and Naucassans who have refused to join the Empire are revolting or attacking the Empire. Same with the Gorn, a Gorn Rebellion.

If by species you mean playable species, a fair few were mentioned in another thread. Most notable to me is the Sona, being conquered and absorbed into the Empire. Their subject species would also be added giving a total of 3 new species to the Empire.

I know you yourself mentioned the Hur'q as a possible enemy and KDF mission campaign, that would be great and I think very Klingon. Also gives the devs a lot of freedom.

Another one could be a True Way invasion, they attacked the KDF (perhaps another Undine infiltration) and the Empire invades Cardassia. This would leave it open for a possible True Way faction in a few years where they are now heroes and liberators rather than traitors and terrorists.
    If House versus House political intrigue PvE missions are developed, what would you like to see in them?

I'd like to see this, it was so promising the first 2 episodes of the KDF campaign. I'd like to see more Romulan involvement, perhaps Torg now disbanded allying with the Romulans and causing trouble, perhaps looking as the beginnings of a Klingon Civil war.
    How should the Devs attempt to fix the "Level 1 " Issue? Do we need a new tutorial?

A new tutorial would be good. I recall a member here had a good one where you're the first officer of a ship and you take command after a mutiny where your Captain is killed or better yet you kill the Captain and take command, perhaps he acts as a coward and it's your duty to discharge him from duty.

I think a mission a fortnight/three weeks etc (with existing assets) isn't all that much to ask. We don't need the voice overs, just the raw playability and fun. Hur'q and other new content obviously should probably be released in a season as all the new models and such needed isn't something that can be done overnight. But I can't see why new missions can't be a regularity in the near future, if a player can make a mission with the foundry in a few hours I can't see why Cryptic can't set one or two people to develop a new mission every 2 weeks.
    What missions would you like to see explain the KDF versus Federation hostilities better for the KDF? Should these missions lead to a KDF flavored STF and a uneasy peace between the factions?

A cold war footing in the end would be a good resolution to the campaign. The Undine and Federation campaigns could be rolled into one, where the KDF are trying to uncover Undine in the Federation.

I'd hate to see foundry missions added, for reasons stated in other threads. Cryptic should tell us their story, the story that started with the Path to 2409.
    Do we need KDF flavored STFs to add to the endgame playability of STO? If so, what story would they cover?

I don't think they are really needed, but I'd love to see a Fek'lhri STF or two.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What new mission ideas are needed to complete the KDF so the faction enjoys a full level range of PvE options?
    1-20. Duh. ;)

Seriously though, there are these Tutorials that take you all over the freaking Fitst City map to talk to people... who have zero impact on the rest of your career. I would ensure that each of these has missions applied to them, full chains you unlock by speaking to them for the Tutorial. I would also push hard for actual faction tracking - if I get chummy with some of the West Slums back-alley wheelers and dealers, the North slum might not be as nice to me, nor the police who gave the tutorial in the first place. The kind of depth I miss from real sandboxes, where building a relationship with one sub-faction gave some bonuses but meant sacrificing others. Throw in tiers to these, where we work for bigger and better sub-faction representatives across the quadrant, ending with repeatables. Make this part of our 1-20.
    See above.

Add to this more Fekliri repeatable stuff at the end of that chain. I should be aiding the Black Fleet in my dreams, sending my loved ones to Sto'vo'kor with a howl of warning to the dead, and pushing back the hoards of Gre'thor right alongside the clone of Khaless.

The biggest thing I want to see from 1-20 is outlined below, however...

The war with the Federation needs to become the focus of our Faction. Tucked away in the Path to 2409 is a tale of intrigue and betrayal on a galactic scale. The Undine are the root reason we have gone to war. We are trying to save the Quadrant, not destroy it. Dozens of infiltrators publicly executed when the Gorn homeworld was taken, and the biggest affront - the refusal of the Federation to aid us in accordance with our treaty! Clearly through the Fed missions there are more Undine infiltrators and influences within Starfleet - these missions could be re-used as jumping off points for the Klingons from 1 to 20 and beyond. Remind us why we are at war - retell the Fed missions with clear evidence of Undine influence. And most importantly, show us why we would EVER team up with them for STFs! Show us some plausible reason why we trust the Omega Force plan, why we agree to being distracted from the Undine threat to deal with the still somewhat distant Borg... in a mission, with both action and words.

Interesting thought - different early racial missions? I would prefer this be rolled up into my ideas above about using the Patrol First City Tutorial NPCs for sub-faction tracking missions.

More Undine, earlier. More Fekliri. OUR OWN FEKLIRI STF.

Traditional intrigue, questions of birth, sons of farmers masquerading as warriors, backstabbing and power grabs are fine... but frankly more witch-hunt missions against Undine infiltrators and other outside influences would be nice.

Either make us a solid "endgame-faction" or rework 1-20 with large 5-level content patches, working backwards each time and lowering the starting level each time.

No peace! See above for a renewed focus on the Undine menace - I highly suggest that after playing a Fed, someone should come to this side and find out what is REALLY going on, see Undine faces behind many of their Federation missions and contacts, see the real reason there is war - Starfleet is rife with Undine infiltrators. Perhaps some questionable ethics missions involving Klingon Intelligence and Sector 31... working TOGETHER...

Gre'thor STF, yes please. And some nice Fekliri ships as rewards?

See all of the above! :D
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I'd say that we need a starting mission where we begin as a bekk, and we work with the first officer to take down the ship's captain. After a lenghty set of missions, all of the command staff are dead, so we become the new captain.

I'd like to see missions where we work to uncover the Undine infiltration of the Federation, just to show them we were right.

Gila IV. We conquered it, but it would be interesting to see a rebellion there that we would have quell.

Orions. Specifically, we need missions from Melani D'ian, whom we never meet in game.

Letheans.

See my earlier post.

No Peace. Just give us KDF flavored STFs.

Undine Infiltrations, and wether or not the Fek'lr were real or an Iconian plot.

Better ship balance (more pure Sci ships for silvers, not BoPs), more Fleet love for the KDF.
  • Options
    thesnyndicatethesnyndicate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    First of all lets clear out what are the intentions of the company for the KDF.

Will they share leech console with feds and knock out any competition against feds at pvp and pve and destroy game balance?

Or they got intention to take us into serious consideration leave us at least one good unique toy worth buying with C-points and worthy for playing KDF and then give us some new ships new stuff new pets new clothes and new content eventually.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm slowly working on a foundation series that will hopefully be a prequel to the Federation war, starting around 2386 with the Gorn/Klingon cold war
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    First of all lets clear out what are the intentions of the company for the KDF.

Will they share leech console with feds and knock out any competition against feds at pvp and pve and destroy game balance?

Or they got intention to take us into serious consideration leave us at least one good unique toy worth buying with C-points and worthy for playing KDF and then give us some new ships new stuff new pets new clothes and new content eventually.

Wether or not they take us seriuosly as a revenue source, plan to give away our toys or any other topic not involving what mission ideas we as a fanbase would fill the content gap is not relevant to this thread.

In here, this thread, I could care less about the PL or the fed pandering of our uniqueness for quick money. This thread exists to show the Devs what we desire in missions only.

So with all due respect, what do you have to ask or say about what type of missions you enjoy seeing and think we need to further our gameplay as KDF?

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm slowly working on a foundation series that will hopefully be a prequel to the Federation war, starting around 2386 with the Gorn/Klingon cold war

That sounds interesting. The Gorn Klingon war was something I often thought could be revisted in STO as official content, maybe leading to an uprising of the Gorn hegonomy.

Send the Gates of Stovokor guys the names of the missions and we will gladly run them and revenue them for you.

R.I.P
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The KDF races don't "homogenize" like the Feds do, and I like that. They each have their own cultures and their own ways of thinking. STO does not come anywhere close to leveraging and exploiting those differences for a better gameplay experience.

I would like to see missions and mission objectives that are race-specific, even to the point of having multiple possible outcomes.

Imagine a mission where you're a Gorn ordered to deal with Gorn rebels and you have the choice to follow orders, or to secretly help the rebels. Or you're an Orion sent out to stop a band of Nausiccan pirates, and you decide to split the take with them instead. Or maybe the High Council sends a Klingon out to disgrace a noble House, and he helps them restore their honor instead.

KDF missions could explore things like House vs House power struggles, the Gorn liberation movement, the Orion Syndicate, etc.

The 1-20-ish experience could very well be race-specific. Teach players what it truly means to be Klingon/Gorn/Orion/Nausiccan/Lethean/Ferasan.

The KDF would be perfect for setting up an Influence system, where players can earn influence with and favors from different internal factions by completing certain missions.

Star Trek may not have focused on those kinds of things, but didn't totally ignore them either.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Simply put, since the game started as fed only the best origins of the reasons for the current war between teh KDF and federation stems from two sources; The Path to 2409 and the fed missions that focus on it.

Path to 2409 reasons. We are at war due to the Undine infiltration of the quadrant and the powers in it. That is the core of the conflict and it was sparked by the KDF/Orion Invasion of the Gorn Hegomony on part to remove the Undine infiltration in said Hegomony and the Federations disaproval of this action that led to the KDF disolving the accords and leaving the alliance.

The Undine started KDF/Fed war is further developed in the fed missions;
    The Klingon War Storyline
    Lvl Rank Name Giver
    2 Lt 2 ?Stranded In Space?
    3 Lt 3 ?Diplomatic Orders?
    3 Lt 3 ?Hide and Seek?
    3 Lt 3 ?Outreach?
    4 Lt 4 ?The Needs of the Many?
    4 Lt 4 ?A Good Start?
    4 Lt 4 ?To Boldly Go?
    4 Lt 4 ?Scientific Mandate?
    4 Lt 4 ?Research & Development?
    5 Lt 5 ?Stop the Signal?
    5 Lt 5 ?Medical Attention?
    5 Lt 5 ?Out of Commission?
    5 Lt 5 ?A Difficulty Decision?
    6 Lt 6 ?Neutral Zone Diplomacy?
    6 Lt 6 ?Researcher Rescue?
    7 Lt 7 ?To Boldly Go: Explore the Arucanis Arm?
    7 Lt 7 ?The Kuvah'Magh?
    8 Lt 8 ?War is Good for Business?
    9 Lt 9 ?Treasure Trading Station?
    10 Lt 10/LC 0 ?Secret Orders?
    10 Lt 10/LC 0 ?Task Force Hippocrates?
    12 LC 1 ?The Ultimate Klingon?
    12 LC 2 ?To Boldly Go: Explore the Hromi Cluster?
    13 LC 4 ?City on the Edge of Never?
    14 LC 5 ?Past Imperfect?
    15 LC 6 ?Heading Out?
    15 LC 6 ?The Doomsday Device?

The Klingon War Patrol
    Lvl Rank Name Associated Patrols Giver
    3 Lt 3 ?Patrol the Vulcan Sector? ?Kei System Patrol?, ?Bhea System Patrol?, ?Pico System Patrol?, ?Beytan System Patrol?
    4 Lt 4 ?Patrol the Orion Sector? ?Reytan System Patrol?, ?Kinjer System Patrol?, ?Una System Patrol?, ?Pellme System Patrol?
    5 Lt 5 ?Patrol the Ring? ?Pico System Distress Call?
    6 Lt 6 ?Patrol the Risa Sector? ?Tazi System Patrol?, ?Omar System Patrol?, ?Donia System Patrol?, ?Koolhaas System Patrol?
    7 Lt 7 ?Patrol the Kassae Sector? ?Servin System Patrol?, ?Dace System Patrol?, ?Sardah System Patrol?, ?Cernan System Patrol?
    9 Lt 9 ?Patrol the Celes Sector? ?Mandel System Patrol?, ?Watran System Patrol?, ?Hana System Patrol?, ?Veela System Patrol?, ?Patrol Zenik System?, ?Celes System Patrol?
    10 Lt 10 ?Patrol the Argelius Sector? ?Explore Xleen System?, ?Ruben System Patrol?, ?Europani System Patrol?, ?Maro System Patrol?
    12 LC 2 ?Patrol the Xarantine Sector? ?Kern System Patrol?, ?Danteri V System Patrol?, ?Seedea System Patrol?, ?Honod System Patrol?
    14 LC 4 ?Patrol the Hromi Sector? ?Veyga System Patrol?, ?Kalferi System Patrol?, ?Vor System Patrol?, ?Maiewski System Patrol?
    16 LC 6 ?Patrol the Mempa Sector? ?Ceron System Patrol?. ?Vesper System Patrol?, ?Lilitu System Patrol?, ?M'rade System Patrol?, ?Eriksson System Patrol?

The Klingon War Fleet Actions
    Lvl Rank Name Giver
    4 Lt 4 ?Starbase 24?
    10 Lt 10 ?Halting the Gorn Advance?
    12 LC 2 ?Slowing the Expeditionary Force?
    12 LC 2 ?Distress Call?
    14 LC 4 ?Breaking the Planet?

Compared to the four KDF missions that outline the war, I am a loss to understand how so many Fedplayer state the War makes no sense to them. They have more focus on it than the KDF does in storyline.
    Unless that is, the plethora of fed missions they have that covers the war do not explain why we are at war and how the Undine are at the heart of it.

Thats what needs to be corrected.
    The feds need missions that slowly, overtime, allow the player to realize that something is amiss, that the orders they are recieving do not make sense and the actions the players are expected to take are very much against the charter of the UFP.
    Some missions like this do exist, like the Diplomatic Orders which lets the player actually meet the Undine in thier midst, but most do not explain anything of why the KDF is fighting the feds.

The KDF needs a fleshed out reason as to why we are at war with the feds. Four missions that do little to explain it will not work.

Frankly since the Devs seem to have given up on the backstory of the Undine and KDF/fed war in favor of selling trinkets, its no wonder why most players do not know why things are the way they are.

If we are to have co-operation STFs between the factions at endgame to fight the Borg, Iconians, the Undine or whomever the pathway in storyline missions that allows the players of iether faction needs to exist for the player to travel as they move up the ranks ingame.

We do not have this at all. At no point is the fed player allowed to ask, "why?" of thier superiors and learn that the command structure of the UFP may be infiltrated.
    At no point is the KDF player allowed to realize that not all the the feds ingame are possibly Undine and some feds may even know the truth and could be allies agianst the common enemy.

In STO its just thrust on us without explanation at endgame. The feds need a few mission that allow them to question why and the KDf needs a whole bunch of missions that let us see that not all feds are untrustworthy. Then the co-operative endgame of STO makes sense and no one faction feels they are being railroaded into a cold-war peace that never had a chance of ever being a war.

Thats about the only way I can think of to end the war at endgame that makes sense.

If done properly a KDF centered cross-faction STF to move against the Undine presence in the UFP could be created.

R.I.P
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well stated.

I for one am interested in seeing the STF cooperation explained and the hostilities becoming focused for KDF... the point of the war is to remove the Undine threat. The reason for the specific opponents is the Undine infiltration of the UFP - which is clearly only apparent to the KDF and Section 31 (based on the gameplay Fed side).

Obviously, the Borg threat must be tied more directly to the Undine, or both tied to the Iconians, to better explain our need to be there. From a KDF standpoint, Klingons working with Federation is not a problem, the UFP is *not* our enemy - the Undine are. For the Feds it may be a bit more difficult.

For both, using Secton 31 and Klingon Intelligence as the actual patrons of the STF Omega Force, and showing us the reality - that both Undine and Borg are merely puppets of a larger Iconian threat (as several missions have all but come out and said), that would seal the deal. And frankly some minor changes to mission color text and perhaps an addition of ONE mission for both sides to show what is happening (Q pulling back the curtain to reveal all the players?) would help.
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2012

*snip*

A new tutorial would be good. I recall a member here had a good one where you're the first officer of a ship and you take command after a mutiny where your Captain is killed or better yet you kill the Captain and take command, perhaps he acts as a coward and it's your duty to discharge him from duty.

Think you might mean me (although I'm sure others have had similar notions and probably posted them so I'm not trying to boast or anything) and the idea was this (from the KDF Unfairness Compared to FED thread)...

I've Always Thought That The Kdf Should Start With A Mission Where You Are A Bekk Whose First Officer Wishes To Depose The Current Captain For Cowardice In Not Facing Up To A Damaged Undine Ship He Believes To Be A Trap. Onboard Struggle Against "loyal To Captain" Klingons With Needing To Overcome Security Measures, Sedating Officers And Repairing Turbolifts To Reach The Bridge In Time To Witness The First Officer And Captain In Mortal Combat Before Killing Each Other... Leaving You In Charge Of A Much Diminished Crew (here's Where You Get Your First Boff). You Must Beam To The Undine Ship To Assess Damage (kill A Few 'shifters) And Beam Back To Take On The Undine Ship Which Comes In To Catch You Unawares. Blew Them Both To Hell And Hightail Back To Q'onos Where The Chancellor Gives You Command Of The Ship Permanently. Now Do The Q'onos City Missions.
    This Would Begin To Address The Issues Of Feds Getting A Nice Gentle Tutorial In Both Ship And Ground Handling/combat.

Expanding on this, it would then make sense for your newly appointed "captain" to put out some brushfires across the empire (a Gorn rebellion, Nausicaan pirates raiding vital shipping lanes, a Lethean group stealing secrets and selling them to the Ferengi, a possible Undine infiltrator) to test his/her/its metal, all in the same way the FED side has the Klingon war story for its first chapter.

Hell, Cryptic/PWE, any devs actually do this and I'll even pretend it was their idea all along :D
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Following JNOHD's idea of sub-quests depending on species or class I don't see why this would be too hard to accomplish using a similar bit of code to one found on DS9. The security officers on the promenade you can turn in contraband/tribbles/prisoners with. You have a Caitan and Klingon officer facing each other and a FED player can only speak to the FED security officer whilst a KDF player can only interact with the Klingon officer. A simple bit of code there which basically says "if player is x interact with y else interact with z".
    You also have the examples on Bajor where an engineer can only do engineer missions unless in a team with a tac/sci. Heck, the first real mission on FED side has objectives for each class on the Azura. Why is there not more of this?
    JNOHD had the right idea with unique quest/subquest content for each race since they can do it for class. Much older games have done it for different classes (Baldur's Gate II, Arcanum) and SWTOR does class specific stuff from the start, BGII and Arcanum even have race specific stuff too. It can't be that hard to introduce more of this. Only thing that may be iffy is ALIEN toons.
    I for one would love to visit a world only to be told "We don't serve your kind in here!" upon attempting to enter a bar.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”

• Options
    edited September 2012
    patrickngo wrote: »
    of Course, With The Option For The Response, "oh, Good, I Don't Eat My Kind, I Want A Heart Of Targ, Now... And Don't Stint On The Bloodwine."

Rotflmao !

• Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Klingons are conquerors.
    Let us conquer something:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5247891&postcount=27
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Some ideas:

Episode Series: The Orion Syndicate

The Orion Syndicate show to the KDF player the true colors of the Orions. The brute male orions under order of the matriarchs, while each house in the Orion deal with slaves, contrabands, spy and acts in the both sides of the war, helping the Empire, True Way, the Federation or any other race or group, for anyone can pay better. Your mission: Place one of Matriarchs in your own place, to show to entire Syndicate the Empire is strong for a good reason.

In this series the KDF player can learn more about the Orion homeworld, culture and other background of the entire race, plus have a better idea about the orions way of the live and your political structure.

Episode Series: The Gorn Pride

The Gorn Pride show the delicate balance with Klingons and Gorns, each side have to tolerate the other to keep the empire strong. Klingos have to show your honor and pride as warrior and the Gorn your rage and courage in the battle, working together to free the Gorn homeworld against the Undine influence.

In this series the KDF player can understand better about the gorn personality and culture, distinguishing better about the honor among Klingons with the ribal honor that gorns follow. This can be the common ground of the both races or the point of separation.

Episode Series: The Nausicaan Pirates

First, forget the whole "Predator" idea. In this point is better to show the pirates side of the Nausicaan. Breaking the rules of the empire, attacking anyone, in any place in any time, this race can be the perfect hunter: Take the best fighters, steal the best rewards, live in the border of the empire law, cause problems to any other group and try to cause anarchy, as they try to live their lives to treasure hunters, looting, robbing and viciously hunting down their victims through space, without mercy or remorse.

The KDF Player can take a good look about the nausicaan style of live before the empire force this race to become part of the empire. Show the true challenge of follow a prey and and capture, taking to himself the right to decide their fate. This can show to the player a good look about the nausicaan background, helping the players to know more about this race without giving the idea of this is a rip-off of a predator.

Episode Series: The Undine Shame

After being incriminated by an undine, the KDF player has to prove he's innocent and clear his name and his honor, protecting the good name of their home and fleeing from other races of the empire, who wish to gain the glory and honor of hunting a suspected traitor empire.

In this arch of story the kdf player can learn about the "neutral" races, like ferengi and aliens, know more about the other groups like the true way or others, trying to get allies to fight against the undine without killing other members of the empire, while the kdf player tries to clean your own name and of the house in the process.

Episode Series: Under the Federation Law

After a treason of one of yor allies, the kdf player escapes into the federation space, searching for clues about the Undines. Because of this, the kdf player ends up being trapped in a maximum security prison (the same of the FED episodes), while the federation decides to trade him in exchange for other prisoners federation in the side of the empire.

Your mission: Try to escape alive and free the empire prisioners inside of the prision, steal a ship and invade a Federation Starfleet Starbase (yes, something like a fleet starbase, with a lot of npcs only :) ) and sabotage the entire starbase, to kill all undines in the starbase. You take the prisioners as your new crew.

Episode Series: Blood of the old warrior

After the last events, the kdf player spend some episodes learning about the raids against the federation and other races, searching for clues about the undine. After finding an Undine, the kdf player discover the plan to use the events of the "Guardian of Forever" to learn about the undines, wanting to change the Empire past to make the undine plans more effective.

The KDF player travel to a TOS version of Qo'nos and try to find the undines in the past, trying to remove all from the past to save the future.

Well... We can thing a lot of ideas to make good episodes or series. But we have to wait someone of the Crypt/PW think and finish this or we have to use the foundry to make this.

If I make some episode, I want my tips in kdf content, plis...
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If we're talking pie in the sky optimism. I'd like to see a tutorial followed by four separate, but inter-related starting missions for each of the four core races. This would serve to emphasize that the "KDF" is a loose alliance of four different fighting forces. Sorry Letheans, get some ships then we'll talk.

The writing on this might be tricky, but if they can tool in a race agnostic version of the missions they can have the KDF player run through his race's version first, from their unique point of view, then he'd do the three others from a faction agnostic stand point to get the whole story.

A more realistic answer is the retooling of certain Federation missions to be retold from a Klingon standpoint. The Building a Better Gorn and Kuvah'Mag story line could be retold as the player character first working to stop these renegade genetic experiments before coming around at the last minute to contribute in the salvation of the Klingon people. The Doomsday Machine missions would be easily tailored to Klingon play as well, particularly given that there is already a Klingon working to help you and the villain is a "renegade."

Most anything in the Romulan and Cardassian sectors could be turned faction neutral with a new quest giver and some new quest text.
  • Options
    zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2012
    jnohd wrote: »
    Well stated.

I for one am interested in seeing the STF cooperation explained and the hostilities becoming focused for KDF... the point of the war is to remove the Undine threat. The reason for the specific opponents is the Undine infiltration of the UFP - which is clearly only apparent to the KDF and Section 31 (based on the gameplay Fed side).

Obviously, the Borg threat must be tied more directly to the Undine, or both tied to the Iconians, to better explain our need to be there. From a KDF standpoint, Klingons working with Federation is not a problem, the UFP is *not* our enemy - the Undine are. For the Feds it may be a bit more difficult.

For both, using Secton 31 and Klingon Intelligence as the actual patrons of the STF Omega Force, and showing us the reality - that both Undine and Borg are merely puppets of a larger Iconian threat (as several missions have all but come out and said), that would seal the deal. And frankly some minor changes to mission color text and perhaps an addition of ONE mission for both sides to show what is happening (Q pulling back the curtain to reveal all the players?) would help.

Adding to that, I'd love it if the Omega Force Fed-side was more Fed Captains going against Starfleet Command and doing what needed to be done rather than SFC saying 'oh yeah, you know those dirty Klingons we've been fighting for years? You need to work with the them now'. Not neccessarily blatant disregard of direct orders but more we're helping an enemy, which is not our real enemy, because our own leaders seem blind to the truth. Section 31/KDF Intelligence, along with sympathetic Fed theater commanders, could reasonably falsify data enough to keep SFC in the dark for a good while. Eventually it would come out, though (in an outstanding FE, I'd hope).

The Path to 2409 is pretty much the Federation TRIBBLE at the Empire the whole way and now they officially want to work with us? That comes off as lazy storytelling. Make player Captains special in that oh-so-Trek way with the choice between duty/following orders and doing the right thing.
    Think you might mean me (although I'm sure others have had similar notions and probably posted them so I'm not trying to boast or anything) and the idea was this (from the KDF Unfairness Compared to FED thread)...

I've Always Thought That The Kdf Should Start With A Mission Where You Are A Bekk Whose First Officer Wishes To Depose The Current Captain For Cowardice In Not Facing Up To A Damaged Undine Ship He Believes To Be A Trap. Onboard Struggle Against "loyal To Captain" Klingons With Needing To Overcome Security Measures, Sedating Officers And Repairing Turbolifts To Reach The Bridge In Time To Witness The First Officer And Captain In Mortal Combat Before Killing Each Other... Leaving You In Charge Of A Much Diminished Crew (here's Where You Get Your First Boff). You Must Beam To The Undine Ship To Assess Damage (kill A Few 'shifters) And Beam Back To Take On The Undine Ship Which Comes In To Catch You Unawares. Blew Them Both To Hell And Hightail Back To Q'onos Where The Chancellor Gives You Command Of The Ship Permanently. Now Do The Q'onos City Missions.
    This Would Begin To Address The Issues Of Feds Getting A Nice Gentle Tutorial In Both Ship And Ground Handling/combat.

Expanding on this, it would then make sense for your newly appointed "captain" to put out some brushfires across the empire (a Gorn rebellion, Nausicaan pirates raiding vital shipping lanes, a Lethean group stealing secrets and selling them to the Ferengi, a possible Undine infiltrator) to test his/her/its metal, all in the same way the FED side has the Klingon war story for its first chapter.

Hell, Cryptic/PWE, any devs actually do this and I'll even pretend it was their idea all along :D

This idea is full of win. It would make SO much more sense than 'go find Goober Khrapstayn in the Lethean district and ask him about his eyebrows'. WTF, really? Am I a warrior now? :rolleyes:
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Think you might mean me (although I'm sure others have had similar notions and probably posted them so I'm not trying to boast or anything) and the idea was this (from the KDF Unfairness Compared to FED thread).. :D

Yes I recognise your avatar, great idea and I hope you idea becomes reality. :D
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Folks, Priority One is hosting a KDF-focused Q & A event with the devs. There are some important issues covered in this thread on mission content and I hope you will consider submitting a question for the Q & A event.

Here is a link to a thread with further details:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5613871#post5613871
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was thinking of starting a thread about what kind of Foundry missions KDF players would like to see, but I'll ask these questions here:

Would KDF players prefer Foundry missions that assume the overarching game storyline (the Undine are trying to take over both factions, and were stirred up by outside influence) is true, or would you prefer the Foundry explore the idea that the Federation are thoroughly infiltrated, and the Klingons have resisted, and are thus justified in wiping out the Feds at every turn?

Would you prefer missions where the story is revealed through investigation and puzzle solving, with combat sparse and mostly reserved for confronting the big bad once all is revealed, or would you prefer to get your story from the dying confessions of the vanquished after wading through a hail of nadions. slitting throats and breaching cores around you at every turn?
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    syberghost wrote: »

Would KDF players prefer Foundry missions that assume the overarching game storyline (the Undine are trying to take over both factions, and were stirred up by outside influence) is true,
    Yes.
    or would you prefer the Foundry explore the idea that the Federation are thoroughly infiltrated, and the Klingons have resisted, and are thus justified in wiping out the Feds at every turn?
    and yes, The KDf resists becuase we know the feds are infiltrated and aproach the matter much like we did the changelings during the Dominion wars.
    Would you prefer missions where the story is revealed through investigation and puzzle solving, with combat sparse and mostly reserved for confronting the big bad once all is revealed,
    Yes, but after the latter
    or would you prefer to get your story from the dying confessions of the vanquished after wading through a hail of nadions. slitting throats and breaching cores around you at every turn?
    Yes, but before the former.

R.I.P
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Anything as long as it does NOT involve

Space:
    1) *blip* all done

Ground:
    1) Go to this location
    2) Go to next location furthest from current position on playable map and do this.
    3) Go to next location furthest from step 2 position on playable map and do this.
    4) Go to next location furthest from step 3 position on playable map and do this.
    5) Go back to start position and do something that was not apparent because the tricorders in the game do not function like those in Star Trek
    6) Go back to position in step 4 on playable map and continue on.
    7) and so on....

but I am biased because I hate ground...

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    tfomega wrote: »
    Anything as long as it does NOT involve

Space:
    1) *blip* all done

Ground:
    1) Go to this location
    2) Go to next location furthest from current position on playable map and do this.
    3) Go to next location furthest from step 2 position on playable map and do this.
    4) Go to next location furthest from step 3 position on playable map and do this.
    5) Go back to start position and do something that was not apparent because the tricorders in the game do not function like those in Star Trek
    6) Go back to position in step 4 on playable map and continue on.
    7) and so on....

but I am biased because I hate ground...

This describes the Alpha mission very well. While a good mission story, the mission logistics bordered on asinine. Ground missions would be more tolerable if there were more mission maps such as Hathon (still with a bit less sprinting) from the 'Of Bajor' mission. We continually patrol systems with no life or beam down to mysteriously dead planets teeming with loitering enemies. There were countless inhabited planets in Star Trek of civilazations both affiliated and not affiliated with any of the major powers.

A tactical officer could beam down and exact fealty from the governor or assist in an urban foothold situation. An engineer could make defense satellite repairs or provide outpost technical support to fend off invading hostiles. A science officer could provide medical relief from a disease/plague or start one in a rival, neighboring system.

Of course, a Klingon would likely not have the same ideals and take the same action as an Orion or a Nausicaan. To do so would be like Korgan not leaving your party and attacking your good aligned character or Edwin actually getting along with anyone. Instead, most of our missions are performed under the same geas as Yoshimo: We have no choice but to take the Fed-like actions ported over to make these missions playable for KDF. When did you ever hear Worf, Gowron, or Martok use 'railroaded' in a sentence?

I support the great ideas presented in this thread by Roach, Drow, and various others.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bloctoad wrote: »
    This describes the Alpha mission very well.

How about tribble with klingons and placing the pattern enhancers in all 4 opposite corners lol It would have been easier for me to signal my ship to have four 2 person teams beam the enhancers down.... but NOOOO I apparently don't trust my crew and have to do everything myself as a vice admiral lol!

Or how about seeds of dissent where you have to talk to Orra Val.. then run around and talk to two colonists, then enter the cave, do some shooting, then exit the cave to talk to Orra again ( the cave and Orra are not at all close to one another although he moved)

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That sounds interesting. The Gorn Klingon war was something I often thought could be revisted in STO as official content, maybe leading to an uprising of the Gorn hegonomy.

Send the Gates of Stovokor guys the names of the missions and we will gladly run them and revenue them for you.

Hopefully I'll be able to work on it a little more soon. I'm still a foundry newb and its currently a crazy time for me at Uni, assessments due all at once haha D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would love to see the Klingon's side on what B'vat was doing. And how they handled that. After all they did team up with Star Fleet to take out the Doomsday Device. I like to see them doing things with the other species they have in their Alliance. Like the Gorn, Orions, etc. I know there has to bee some issues there. As they all don't get along that well. Then you have species that can be in KDF space that Feds never even met before. So that is more chances for cool stories. There is alot could been done. Instead of the 5 missions here is your story of what went on with the main villains. That is all KDF got from alot of the missions. There is a lot that can be done. If they wasn't so lazy on the story departments.

I came from another MMO game, and they did really good to tell the story from both sides. Leading up to the main villain to kill. So it can be done on this game as well. If they took the time to do it. Story/Lore is a big thing for me while playing as it helps me feel like I'm part of it. Wasn't for the Lore or Story, I won't play long as I get bored. Playing the KDF side is really a let down in the story department. Specially if all you do is 5 missions here is your part.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.