test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase DOFF vendor: Ever sell a common sensor doff??

boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Duty Officer System and R&D
I don't mean to beat the dead horse, but I need some clarification. I have bought over 1200 doffs from the starbase doff vendor at this point (both before the"improvement" and after) and not one single one has been a common sensor doff.

Can a dev please confirm/deny that the starbase vendor actually does sell doffs that are..you know..actually needed for the fleet projects?

I'm not asking for you to explain your random seed generation - I just want to know if this guy will ever actually sell a common sensor doff or if the common sensor doff isn't in his drop table for the sale.

After 1200 attempts, random chance would seem to favor at least one of the purchases would be the one out of forty-seven doffs I am looking for. I suspect that he either doesn't sell common sensor doffs by design, or someone overlooked something in this vendors item table.

Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by boglejam73 on

Comments

• boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    just me? is everyone else getting common sensor doffs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think I got 1 out of 2500 packs now opened -of course its all `random`

funny though I have gotten over 500 flight deck officers
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I haven't bought doffs from the fleet base, but I've broken down quite a few greens into whites and have got some. Granted, not as many Sensors doffs as say, Warp Theorists, but they do appear from time to time. It'd be interesting to see if the percentages are different from the doffbreaker compared to fleet bases.
    edited August 2012
    skurf wrote: »
    I haven't bought doffs from the fleet base, but I've broken down quite a few greens into whites and have got some. Granted, not as many Sensors doffs as say, Warp Theorists, but they do appear from time to time. It'd be interesting to see if the percentages are different from the doffbreaker compared to fleet bases.

From what I have heard they are much higher and I know for a fact from the c-store packs they are much higher.

In addition from a duty officer pack i was getting a security or Assualt or Armory in almost in every pack

but I am sure that everything is just random and that the packs i got - I was just lucky
    edited August 2012
    I find the doff upgrind/downgrind to be tedious but I guess I am going to have to suck it up and start doing it. Starbase Fleet DOff guy is terrible for ones that are useful on fleet projects, ironically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    I find the doff upgrind/downgrind to be tedious but I guess I am going to have to suck it up and start doing it. Starbase Fleet DOff guy is terrible for ones that are useful on fleet projects, ironically.

Like I said its probably pure luck - because its all `rando`m`and my 800 to 1600 sample size was shot down as a dev for being insignificant - but I have found that pack which actually cost $$ have a very high chance of getting sensor and security doffs

out of 10 packs or 50 doffs - I usuall see 3 or 4 sensor and 8 or 9 security-assualt-armory

again since its all random these packs I got - over 30 was probably just blind luck and there is nothing different between the odds on store bought packs and fleet doffs or the grinder!!

and of course i have some beautiful beach front property for sale in the middle of the Sahara desert
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    the doffs you get from the fleet vendor seem to not only miss certain doffs..but also kind of mix them up regarding their category. Had many geologists, botanists marked as medical and a security as a tactical.

also...you get way more tactical, scientists and Operational doffs than the other categories.
    Go pro or go home
    edited August 2012
    baudl wrote: »
    the doffs you get from the fleet vendor seem to not only miss certain doffs..but also kind of mix them up regarding their category. Had many geologists, botanists marked as medical and a security as a tactical.

also...you get way more tactical, scientists and Operational doffs than the other categories.

and they don't ever seem to be the useful science doffs either. I think someone maybe screwed up the math on the Fleet DOFF vendor distribution. Or, its working as intended and they are trying to steer us towards doffs packs for $.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    and they don't ever seem to be the useful science doffs either. I think someone maybe screwed up the math on the Fleet DOFF vendor distribution. Or, its working as intended and they are trying to steer us towards doffs packs for $.

$$$ - you think that could be the motive? - nah
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd suggest getting each Department tier to T2 in order to open up the White DOFF vendor for each Department. Opening up a "Security" pack should give you a better chance at a Security DOFF and an "Engineering" pack a better chance at a Sensor DOFF.
    edited September 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    I'd suggest getting each Department tier to T2 in order to open up the White DOFF vendor for each Department. Opening up a "Security" pack should give you a better chance at a Security DOFF and an "Engineering" pack a better chance at a Sensor DOFF.

nope I have a T2 starbase across the board - still almost all tactical and no security - "working as intended" - making one of the 2 components scarce is Cryptics way of trying to slow down progress

or forcing you to do the 500xp assignemnts which require - dilth!!!
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I haven't kept precise track, but the fleet doff boxes I've opened have had a LOT of tac doffs and a LOT of ops doffs (although so far 0 sensor dudes).