test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Klingon Bat'leth Mk X [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]] - Loc?

obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Federation Discussion
Is the [Klingon Bat'leth Mk X [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]] still available to Fed players? If so, where? Been trying to track one down and find its price...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Post edited by obsidiusrex on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *nostalgic sigh* Ahh...the days long past.

Unfortunately, fellow forum-poster, you can't get that anymore, anywhere, at all. In the past, you used to be able to buy Borg-specific equipment, with things called 'Emblems', which pretty much was how you got the best stuff in the game.

So, you might be able to find someone who owns one of those, but, so far as I know, it's totally impossible to buy those anymore.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    to be honest, the only Fed character should carry Bat'leth is (traitor) FED klingons. I mean, it doesn't seem right to see a tallerite carrying Bat'leth. Perhaps Lirpa should be the melee weapon of choice for Feds
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    notapwefan wrote: »
    to be honest, the only Fed character should carry Bat'leth is (traitor) FED klingons. I mean, it doesn't seem right to see a tallerite carrying Bat'leth. Perhaps Lirpa should be the melee weapon of choice for Feds

Still. unless they bring back [Borg] melee weapons it wouldnt matter.

honestly i think they took them out because face it... they were the most OP weapons against borg. bypass the shields and have a chance to do extra damage against them?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »
    *nostalgic sigh* Ahh...the days long past.

Unfortunately, fellow forum-poster, you can't get that anymore, anywhere, at all. In the past, you used to be able to buy Borg-specific equipment, with things called 'Emblems', which pretty much was how you got the best stuff in the game.

So, you might be able to find someone who owns one of those, but, so far as I know, it's totally impossible to buy those anymore.
    I know all about emblems, as I've been here from the start, but never cared much in grinding them out from the tricky STFs (before there were "Normal" and "Elite" versions), but I was hoping, despite me exhaustive hunting and research, that I had been missing something.

Unfortunately, I figured as much. I looked through all of the items in the STF Ground Item Vendor's weapons category. From my research, it used to be in the Antiproton category, but it is no longer in any category for either Standard Borg Issue or Special Reserves.

For story reasons, as a Fed character who collects bat'leths, it is a little disappointing that this weapon seemingly never made the transition from the Task Force Omega vendor to the STF DS9 vendor. It seems odd that there is no melee category at all - Lirpas, Bat'Leths, sabers, etc. - available from Omega Force, MACO, or (especially) the Honor Guard that specialize in taking down Borg.

And since any existing weapons from Seasons past Bind on Pickup (and bound since one could only pick them up from the vendor), there's no chance to find such weapons on the Exchange or even have them gifted from another character or player.

Alack!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Borg Batleth and the Borg madical anynilzer got lost in the move to season five. The Batleth used to be in the battle group omega emblem store under the antiproton heading. The Borg kit used to be a possible reward for the Cure when it was still a real STF. Both are missed and should be reintroduced. Maybe with the new STFs. Coming they will reintroduce these and other rewards.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Marks of valor.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Noted, and updated the wiki last week to reflect these changes. Thanks all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]