test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any Labor Day sale planned?

jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
Just wondering if there will be a labor day sale - I cannot recall if there was one last year or not.

Or do we have to wait for the hallows eve one?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply... Cryptic/PWE has never announced a sale in advanced. (Probably out of the concern that by doing so, they would suppress purchases in the days before the sale...)
  • Options
    hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They won't say anything until the sale starts.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    While an answer from upon high in Cryptic would be nice, I hope that any player can recall if there was one last year or not.

I know we had good old hallows eve, I know we get season based sales.

As a group of people, we should all come up with a calendar together mapping out when the sales are for PWE and for Cryptic. :)
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just did a quick Google search. There were plenty of hits for a Labor Day sale in 2010, but I didn't see any in 2011. I also searched the News Archive on the website and it only showed a 2010 sale as well.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We had the "Endless Summer Sale" from August 22 - 29, 2011. http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?name=sto-node-2591
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    sl1ckm1stersl1ckm1ster Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Probably, but they would rather you buy at full price until then so no announcement yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Probably, but they would rather you buy at full price until then so no announcement yet.

Yea, but that is not going to happen with me lol

I have 6500 zen sitting here (PWE 15% bonus - yay me!) and a list of what I'd like, I have enough for that list but I'm so not spending until Cryptic have a sale - I will wait for new year if I have to :P
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I just did a quick Google search. There were plenty of hits for a Labor Day sale in 2010, but I didn't see any in 2011. I also searched the News Archive on the website and it only showed a 2010 sale as well.
    We had the "Endless Summer Sale" from August 22 - 29, 2011. http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?name=sto-node-2591

Yea I think the endless summer sale may have replaced the labor day sale last year... no endless summer this year I guess due to PWEs sale.

Looks like I will have to wait for a while :(
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Rather than assume a sale is pending, why not withhold any purchases until the calendar indicates that it is Saturday? Then confirm a sale one way or the other.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was planning on buying some stuff off the Store, but was waiting for the next sale to do so. Sales = people buying stuff, no sales = not as many people buying. You do the math :P
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    mjaymor78 wrote: »
    I was planning on buying some stuff off the Store, but was waiting for the next sale to do so. Sales = people buying stuff, no sales = not as many people buying. You do the math :P

But if it was always a sale, people would stop buying would they not? :P
  • Options
    aarons8aarons8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jockey1979 wrote: »

I have 6500 zen sitting here (PWE 15% bonus - yay me!) and a list of what I'd like, I have enough for that list but I'm so not spending until Cryptic have a sale - I will wait for new year if I have to :P

yeah but they already got your money.. so its not a big deal for them if you hold onto your zen forever.
  • Options
    brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jockey1979 wrote: »

That's the best you can do, as a customer. But as the poster above beat me to the sentiment, which bits they flip and which metrics go up for what you choose to buy is pretty incidental at this point. :cool:

Saying "(PWE 15% bonus - yay me!)" is exactly what they're hoping for. They want you to ignore how strong dilithium is now, hence a well timed Zen sale. They want you to decide to spend your "bonus" Zen on a 10000 CXP boost, instead of picking one off the EC exchange for a fraction of the price.

Caveat emptor. Don't think waiting for a sale is the only diligence you need.
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    aarons8 wrote: »
    yeah but they already got your money.. so its not a big deal for them if you hold onto your zen forever.

You missed the point, I know they have my money, but it is up to me on how much value for money I get.

I bought the Zen when it was on offer, so I got 750 more Zen than normal ( 45 euro = 5000 + the 300 bonus + 750 15% offer )

Now my wish list, under normal day to day prices, I'd have to spend another 9 euro for what I'd like, well that 9 euro is better off in my pocket, in my opinion.

The whole reason I'm looking for when the next C-Store sale is, the Zen cost for my wish list becomes cheaper and leaves me some left over, so as well as my wish list I can get another item on top - something I'd have to spend money on under normal prices.

So yes, they have my money, but not as much of is as they would like to have with the current prices.
    brackynews wrote: »
    That's the best you can do, as a customer. But as the poster above beat me to the sentiment, which bits they flip and which metrics go up for what you choose to buy is pretty incidental at this point. :cool:

Saying "(PWE 15% bonus - yay me!)" is exactly what they're hoping for. They want you to ignore how strong dilithium is now, hence a well timed Zen sale. They want you to decide to spend your "bonus" Zen on a 10000 CXP boost, instead of picking one off the EC exchange for a fraction of the price.

Caveat emptor. Don't think waiting for a sale is the only diligence you need.

As I explained above, I made a list - I do not buy Zen then see what I can waste it on. I buy with a purpose, I spend with a purpose. No offer or sale in the world will make me buy something that is a fluff item or xp boost (xp boost in this game is like giving a drowning man a glass of water lol)

My wish list is ships, if I can get them cheaper I will and if I have any left over change like I hope for with a C-Store sale then its extra character slots or hold on to it for my stipend and get another ship with stipend+left over change.

I bought the Bortas pack when it was on offer last time, 4000 zen - I had a 1000 saving, of which I got well needed duty officer packs for a new character I made.

So as above, yes they have my money, but I will get value for money - even if I have to scrape extra bits from dill sales and stipend.
  • Options
    kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A labor day sale sounds great! How much is it for a labor day these days?

Buy a few, save em up for when you need a day off, or when you need the extra overtime....

Maybe even rent them out :)
  • Options
    mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    But if it was always a sale, people would stop buying would they not? :P

Art Van Furniture has a sale every week and are growing into one of the largest Furniture stores in Michigan. Use to be one store now have 40+ stores and yes they are know in Michigan for having a sale every week of the year.

I'm not staying Cryptic should always have sales, but holidays there should be no question that there will be a sale.