test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem a finding fleet.

terppa123terppa123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Earth Spacedock
Hello

I have problems to finding a suitable fleet...every time i join a fleet i found i cant purchase items from fleet store.
sample...i join a fleet, i can buy items from starbase, but i need 50k fleet credits so i can buy anything, problem there are so many players that there is no change donate anything because all is filled so fast...and in the end i leave the fleet...

second sample i have to wate 6 weeks to become a member?
i have played many mmo in my years and never ever trial period have been so long...would it be better that i get good gear fast so i can be a good use for my fleet?
I like to star donating and building the fleet, but the problem is why i want to donate anything if i dont know will i ever be a member? So i maby leave the fleet before 6 week time ends.

Because of difficulties like these i have thought i make a fleet whit my friend..by two of us, but again problem we need more players to start it...

Am kind a cornered...what to do.
Post edited by terppa123 on

Comments

• tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I hear your complaints. Yes sometimes from outside it does not seem fair. There are a couple problems here that you can always dismiss or pick apart any way you'll like but i just wanted you to get another perspective. Since you asked..

Our fleet has a 4 week cadet probation period. We are a mature(+30) and social fleet and it takes a little time to see how social and mature the player is until they have been part of the fleet for a while. Believe me we have found a few that just dont fit in.

Building up a starbase is not only a lot of work but a lot of resources as well. Any items in the fleet store have been unlocked and paid for by the fleet before you. Yes i am sure that they are doing that for everyone but it would not be fair to offer everything to the new guy if they are just going to pick up and leave at the drop of a hat. Donations are a real issue in some fleets. Ours could be worse because we are a casual fleet but we have the maturity factor helping us out. We put on a 10% donation limit for tier one and it really helped. The donations still filled up quickly but it helped spread it out a little bit. We have had fleetmates that had been waiting for starbases for over a year and now that they are here it is hard to donate. The good thing is that each Tier is exponentially more expensive to donate to so by tier 3 there should be lots of room for even a medium size fleet. It is a hard thing to balance but i think going into a fleet you have to be a little patient and understanding that people that have put way more into the fleet than you did also cant donate.

Lots of fleet thieves out there that join a fleet, get banking privileges and then loot the bank. I have been told of many many situations like this. If there is a probation period a bank thief will rarely wait it out let alone get involved with the fleet.

That being said it is not easy to make it look inviting and fair to new members. I can say one thing that every member that has gone through the probation period has all the fleet marks and items that they would have had before ready to donate so they didn't lose anything. If the only reason you are joining the fleet is for the starbases and to get some cool things for little or no work then you may not be fleet material. Imho

Good luck finding the right fleet and just remember that most fleets out there like loyalty more than any other trait.
  • terppa123terppa123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I can say here that am not a bank robber and so on..and willing to help build starbase as much i can, but ofcourse if gaming community is so sick that they expect all players be ninjas..its a sad thing.
    Maby i gave wrong view...but i also want something than only items from store.
    For personally i wouldnt mind if i had a fleet and some person want to buy things from store...by all means...i would let him buy...if he wants..no limits no several weeks wating time,he have to get fleet gredits to buy some..so he must help to get items...I wonder why people dont see that point?
    Its definately not away from my wallet...

Its just that many people claims to be frendly and open and social, but are they, by giving apsolute rules?

Thanks for understanding my point of view because i understood yours.

I hear your complaints. Yes sometimes from outside it does not seem fair. There are a couple problems here that you can always dismiss or pick apart any way you'll like but i just wanted you to get another perspective. Since you asked..

Our fleet has a 4 week cadet probation period. We are a mature(+30) and social fleet and it takes a little time to see how social and mature the player is until they have been part of the fleet for a while. Believe me we have found a few that just dont fit in.

Building up a starbase is not only a lot of work but a lot of resources as well. Any items in the fleet store have been unlocked and paid for by the fleet before you. Yes i am sure that they are doing that for everyone but it would not be fair to offer everything to the new guy if they are just going to pick up and leave at the drop of a hat. Donations are a real issue in some fleets. Ours could be worse because we are a casual fleet but we have the maturity factor helping us out. We put on a 10% donation limit for tier one and it really helped. The donations still filled up quickly but it helped spread it out a little bit. We have had fleetmates that had been waiting for starbases for over a year and now that they are here it is hard to donate. The good thing is that each Tier is exponentially more expensive to donate to so by tier 3 there should be lots of room for even a medium size fleet. It is a hard thing to balance but i think going into a fleet you have to be a little patient and understanding that people that have put way more into the fleet than you did also cant donate.

Lots of fleet thieves out there that join a fleet, get banking privileges and then loot the bank. I have been told of many many situations like this. If there is a probation period a bank thief will rarely wait it out let alone get involved with the fleet.

That being said it is not easy to make it look inviting and fair to new members. I can say one thing that every member that has gone through the probation period has all the fleet marks and items that they would have had before ready to donate so they didn't lose anything. If the only reason you are joining the fleet is for the starbases and to get some cool things for little or no work then you may not be fleet material. Imho

Good luck finding the right fleet and just remember that most fleets out there like loyalty more than any other trait.
  • matthew486dxmatthew486dx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I usually only have a one to two week probation period for new members, to grand fleet store and limited bank access. (withdraw limits increase with rank)

But right now, provisions really aren't much of a problem for us. We have dozens of store provisions for gear.

We still have some issues generating Fleet marks. Not everyone is Tier 4 on DOFFs and not everyone wants to grind Fleet PvE. Really missing that Investigate Officer Reports marks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Matthew@Matthew486DX -> Eng Lvl 60
    FAW/Tank: Tactical Oddyessy T5-U, Tank/Heal Science Oddyessy T5-U, DPS Cruiser: A2B Battlecruiser T5-U, DPS/Debuff Tholian Recluse T5-U
    Fleet Admiral: Angry Tribbles
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the solution is a small fleet like mine. Its just me, my alts, and 2 other real people. We don't let you have access to fleet stores untilyou contrib 50,000 to projects, but in a fleet my size you can do that very quickly. ANd since we are so small, we never have a shortage of provisions.

And we are halfway thru tier II, so we plod along pretty quickly, too.

If you find a small fleet, you may not get to tier V as quickly, but you'll at least be able to contribute and buy things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaden11kaden11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    terppa123 wrote: »
    Hello

I have problems to finding a suitable fleet...every time i join a fleet i found i cant purchase items from fleet store.
    sample...i join a fleet, i can buy items from starbase, but i need 50k fleet credits so i can buy anything, problem there are so many players that there is no change donate anything because all is filled so fast...and in the end i leave the fleet...

second sample i have to wate 6 weeks to become a member?
    i have played many mmo in my years and never ever trial period have been so long...would it be better that i get good gear fast so i can be a good use for my fleet?
    I like to star donating and building the fleet, but the problem is why i want to donate anything if i dont know will i ever be a member? So i maby leave the fleet before 6 week time ends.

Because of difficulties like these i have thought i make a fleet whit my friend..by two of us, but again problem we need more players to start it...

Am kind a cornered...what to do.

Hello I thank my fleet may help you because we are not as big as some of the other fleets here is a link to my post if you like let me know, you can help use out a lot!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    join us once you get to 100,000 fleet credits you are allowed to buy what you want from fleet store that is on our leaderboard
  • tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I do think that most fleets are flexible. They just want to meet you and make sure you are a good fit. We have a 4 week rule but we state that if you are more active and we see you around doing fleet stuff (we are a social fleet) that we drop it to 3 weeks. And some even get in sooner.

Trust is trust and join a fleet that you feel respects you. But just to let you know I have read over 100 posts in here from Fleet leaders complaining about letting someone in and after bumping them up they looted the bank and left the fleet. I don?t intend to be one of those fleets ;)

I also respect what you are saying because I have been on the other side. But a lot of fleets are looking for the right kind of member not just anyone. We have never had someone join our fleet and voiced a negative comment about our probation period. To each is his own..
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well... my fleet has a probationary period of basically a couple days, all that is required is that you join, join the website, and talk with us a little.

We feel that if you can donate, you can buy... whether you earned your credits with us, or with another fleet... doesn't matter... you earned them. Does it open us up to potential raids... sure... but honestly... if all you want was a ship, or something else... we could work something out for a temporary membership...

We have plenty of provisions from each facility (all but 1 at Tier 2 (and that upgrade project us already underway)), and halfway to a Tier 3 shipyard. 78 ships available, 43 Personal Sci, 75 Personal Engineering.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There is a lot of irony in what you're complaining about. You're getting into a large fleet so that they'll have a high tier starbase so you can buy things you can't buy in a small fleet, but then you can't contribute to the starbase fast enough to get any fleet credits. Whereas if you got into a small fleet (like the 232nd Division SCE), we wouldn't have anything yet to sell and yet would be working our way up and you'd be able to earn fleet credits.

Sounds like you need to make a choice of what's more important to you: Being in a large, powerful fleet or having the fleet credits to do anything with it.
  • klaive0klaive0 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think i can help you if you have a a little time and patience...

Problem 1 finding a good sized fleet that allows you to buy items without a lengthy probation period ....

Our fleets ( I run 4, have access to 2 others and my own private "banker fleet") only have about 48 hours probation period - we retain well over 90% of the players that join with us and have had cause to only remove a few players due to "personality quirks" - you should be able to buy whatever you need , and can "Hop" from fleet to fleet to help with projects to earn more fleet credits if you so choose.... via a private channel we use....

feel free to contact me , @klaive-DeMortivir and mention you are inquiring about the post on the forums ... ( running four fleets with about 200-300 people each means I get a LOT of PM's when I am online)
    Everyone makes mistakes,
    it's how we correct them that shows our true character....

:cool:
  • ygyhuuygyhuu Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2012