test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

prevew of things in exchange??

miloguymiloguy Member Posts: 60 Arc User
Not sure where this should go but any way

looking through the exchange, I have no idea what a lot of this stuff does
say looking at a photon torpedo, would be nice if you hovered over it to get like a quick
video or animation to see what it actually does.??

would that work??
Post edited by miloguy on

Comments

• Options
    thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't understand. What would you need to preview, exactly? All photon torpedoes look like all other photon torpedoes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You can right-click on the item to see its description.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    deyvidkdfdeyvidkdf Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Actually, I'd love to be able to preview a weapon, armor or kit on my avatar before I purchase it, similar to previewing weapons and armor on other MMOs on the auction or in inventory by right-clicking or CTRL+click.
  • Options
    aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    deyvidkdf wrote: »
    Actually, I'd love to be able to preview a weapon, armor or kit on my avatar before I purchase it, similar to previewing weapons and armor on other MMOs on the auction or in inventory by right-clicking or CTRL+click.

I really see no reason STO shouldn't do this.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Transwarped thread to the Controls and User Interface Feedback forum, where the UI devs are more likely to see it.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited August 2012
    miloguy wrote: »
    yeah i know that but still doesn't help much

What's so special about seeing a preview movie of a red colored torpedo? You can't tell that they're different from Blue Quantums or Green Plasma?
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think something like this would be better for new players, and such placed in the academies, like a holodeck exercise/interactive library interface, maybe even test flight a few ships?

Having it on the exchange (which is still broken enough) seems a tad pointless :p

(just my thoughts on the matter :p)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    yeah maybe something we could use on the holodecks or have a holodeck
    on our ship, like the atronomics room voyager had