test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Species not yet featured

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
Which species not yet featured would players like to see in STO. For me there are three. Kazon, Vidian and Talaxian.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Selay, Anticans, Chalnoth.
    I think with some reworking, like Cryptic did with the Gorn, those three could look cool and intimidating.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Selay, Anticans, Chalnoth.
    I think with some reworking, like Cryptic did with the Gorn, those three could look cool and intimidating.

yep I totally agree
  • unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I want the ones with 3 arms.
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    eazzie wrote: »
    Which species not yet featured would players like to see in STO. For me there are three. Kazon, Vidian and Talaxian.

All of those would require extensive Delta Quadrant maps (and some way to explain how we are regularly going distances that would typically take a hundred years or so).
    edited August 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    All of those would require extensive Delta Quadrant maps (and some way to explain how we are regularly going distances that would typically take a hundred years or so).

Not really. In the Star Trek universe anything could be possible. Stable worm hole. Sub space time shift maybe. But it was only a hypothetical question as there is still so much of Star Trek the game has to explore.
    edited August 2012

Yep one to scratch the right ear, one to scratch the left ear and one to scratch the final frontier.

Sorry couldn't help that one. Yep I know lame.
    edited August 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Kazon: Pointless - they're just wannabe Klingons

Vidian: No point - with the Phage cured, what would you do with them? To quote dialouge from 'Think Tank' - "you wouldn't recognize them now," - this insinuates that they had returned to their pre-phage pursuits, ideals, and morals.

And Talaxians? Why? just...... why?

Would be interesting to see the Vaadwaur (from 'Dragons Teeth') - dialouge from the episode suggested that approximately fifty Vaadwaur fighters, according to astrometric readings, managed to escape into the subspace corridors. The rest were left fighting the Turei. Certainly a storyline that could be expanded upon.

The Voth could be interesting too.

Ok agreed on the Kazon

Vidian who's to say the phage isn't permanently cured - anything is possible in Star Trek now matter how far fetched it may seem

Talaxians just cos I liked Neelix

But I like the idea of The Voth
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would like Deltans to get the player race/BO treatment instead of just being doffs.
    I would love to see Kriosians (could be in both factions) and their battle cruisers. Heck in the best case we could get their planet as a persistent PvP warzone.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    edited August 2012
    I'm curious:

how would the Kriosians be any different from the (DS9) Trill?
    I mean the Trill we've seen after Odan were based on the Kriosians from TNG...
  • ryanevryanev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why commit to a race seen in the movie? why set limits?

A Spatial anomaly to a new frontier (what Star Trek is mostly about) with new problems.
    People could use a little bit of originality and not relying on the roads that Star Trek carved trough the years.

Still, if we must stop dreaming and return to reality, with the new Sovie with the canisters and stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the SoNa. Also the Tzenkethi may offer a nice plot (Since there has been a war with the federation at one point).
    edited August 2012
    ryanev wrote: »
    Why commit to a race seen in the movie?

Because they provide a common frame of reference for this discussion.
    Anything that goes beyond that is
    a.) covered by the Alien option
    b.) fan-fiction
    c.) more suitable for Ten Forward IMO

oh, I'd like to add TOS-stlye Augmented Klingons
  • treffelltreffell Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    someoen probably mentioned them but whatever that race was in voyager that ripped off people's faces

and when you kill like a klingin you can take their arms

so when you are doing misions or whatever you could have an androiuan head, klingoin arms, vulcan ears and a human face thing

actually it would be good with ships too

you could have a real hybriud

the face rip offer raqce- that's my vote
    edited August 2012
    I'm curious:

how would the Kriosians be any different from the (DS9) Trill?
    I mean the Trill we've seen after Odan were based on the Kriosians from TNG...

Kriosians have less spots in a different pattern (they stop around chin height instead of going "all the way down"). They would have different traits and they have a nice ship that Cryptic probably wouldn't have to put in a lock box since the planet was conquered by the Klingons and would love to join the Federation.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Rather than seeing new species, I'd love to see the current ones fleshed out a bit more. Add visitable versions of Trill, Ferenginar, Cardassia, Ferasan, Orion, the Gorn homeworld etc... in the way Bajor or the Deferi were handled.

oh, I'd like to add TOS-stlye Augmented Klingons

Isn't there a single, TOS-style augment, VR-Doff? :)
    edited August 2012
    Kriosians have less spots in a different pattern (they stop around chin height instead of going "all the way down").

You're right about the pattern.
    Thanks I didn't notice that.
    They would have different traits and they have a nice ship that Cryptic probably wouldn't have to put in a lock box since the planet was conquered by the Klingons and would love to join the Federation.

Well, the Kriosians from "The Mind's Eye" are listed by Memory Alpha as the same species as the ones from "The Perfect Mate and "Precious Cargo" but it's actually impossible for them the be the same species since they have such a totally incompatible histoy.
    How can a world that is under the rule of the Klingons be at war with another world?
    It makes absolutely no sense.
    Even the offical Startrek.com entry for them indicates they are not the same species.

http://www.startrek.com/database_article/kriosians
    "This race should not be confused with another group of Kriosians, who were fighting for independence as a Klingon colony in 2367."
  • velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    switchngc wrote: »

Not necessarily. We already have a Delta Quadrant species running around, the Hirogen. We know Sela gave them permission to hunt in Romulan space (which occupies areas in both the Alpha and Beta Quadrants), but we don't know how they got there.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    edited August 2012
    Well, the Kriosians from "The Mind's Eye" are listed by Memory Alpha as the same species as the ones from "The Perfect Mate and "Precious Cargo" but it's actually impossible for them the be the same species since they have such a totally incompatible histoy.
    How can a world that is under the rule of the Klingons be at war with another world?
    It makes absolutely no sense.
    Even the offical Startrek.com entry for them indicates they are not the same species.

http://www.startrek.com/database_article/kriosians
    "This race should not be confused with another group of Kriosians, who were fighting for independence as a Klingon colony in 2367."

Hm, I didn't know about startrek.com. I simply assumed that since the Klingons probably won't interfere too much with their subjugated worlds as long as they pay tribute and would have stripped down their military they wouldn't have considered it a war but some kind of petty squabble they could solve among themselves.
  • wotertoolwotertool Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Since there is the maintenance (or how you spell it) now, I have a lots of time!

All five Xindi Races as playable species (sadly, the 6th is dead):

- Xindi Arboreal
    - Xindi Aquarianer
    - Xindi Humanoide
    - Xindi Insektoide
    - Xindi Reptilianer

And also:
    (some or many of them may look like humans, but I think that also many roleplayers would like to try a new species)

- Ekosian / Zeon
    - Acamarian
    - Akaali
    - Alcyone
    - Aldeaner
    - that species where the women are taller than the men
    - Angosian (but maybe not as elite soldier)
    - Antaran (the species which had wars with the Denobulans)
    - Antican (those ... dog-things who ate the Selay ^^)
    - Antos
    - Arbazaner
    - Ardanan
    - Argelian
    - Argosian (an argosian Lt once threw a drink at Benjamin Sisko)
    - Argrathi (they are from the Gamma Quadrant)
    - Arkenite (they don't look like humans, more like an selfmade alien, so .. why not?)
    - Atreans
    - Axanar
    - Ba'ku
    - Bandi
    - Brekkian
    - El-Aurian
    - Lurian (like Morn from DS9)
    - Risian
    - Selay
    - Minaran / Vians

There are very many other species but I am too lazy to list them now.

This is maybe too much and will never ever happen in STO but we will maybe see a few of them.
    edited August 2012
    wotertool wrote: »
    Since there is the maintenance (or how you spell it) now, I have a lots of time!

All five Xindi Races as playable species (sadly, the 6th is dead):

- Xindi Arboreal
    - Xindi Aquarianer
    - Xindi Humanoide
    - Xindi Insektoide
    - Xindi Reptilianer

And also:
    (some or many of them may look like humans, but I think that also many roleplayers would like to try a new species)

- Ekosian / Zeon
    - Acamarian
    - Akaali
    - Alcyone
    - Aldeaner
    - that species where the women are taller than the men
    - Angosian (but maybe not as elite soldier)
    - Antaran (the species which had wars with the Denobulans)
    - Antican (those ... dog-things who ate the Selay ^^)
    - Antos
    - Arbazaner
    - Ardanan
    - Argelian
    - Argosian (an argosian Lt once threw a drink at Benjamin Sisko)
    - Argrathi (they are from the Gamma Quadrant)
    - Arkenite (they don't look like humans, more like an selfmade alien, so .. why not?)
    - Atreans
    - Axanar
    - Ba'ku
    - Bandi
    - Brekkian
    - El-Aurian
    - Lurian (like Morn from DS9)
    - Risian
    - Selay
    - Minaran / Vians

There are very many other species but I am too lazy to list them now.

This is maybe too much and will never ever happen in STO but we will maybe see a few of them.

Note to self. During downtime don't swallow a Star Trek Encyclopedia (just kidding) it's great that all of these may prompt Cryptic to introduce more and more new content further down the line. A new batch of episodes maybe
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Species 8472? They're the Undine, in this game.
    edited August 2012
    Species 8472? They're the Undine, in this game.

They have two arms and three legs. I think he meant the Edosians, which have three of each limb.
  • cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited August 2012
    velktra wrote: »
    Not necessarily. We already have a Delta Quadrant species running around, the Hirogen. We know Sela gave them permission to hunt in Romulan space (which occupies areas in both the Alpha and Beta Quadrants), but we don't know how they got there.

The Hirogen get the pass because it's revealed in their racial background that they,ve been wandering around the Delta and the edges of the Beta Quadrant for over 20,000 years. It only makes sense that they eventually found their way closer to the alpha quadrant.

That said though, over in Pi Canus, there is a diplomatic mission to recieve Ocampan dignitaries, which is by far the wierdest part to make sense of.

There are numerous Diplomatic First Contact missions with Randomly_Generate_Alien_Species # 637 over in the nebulas in Iota Pavonis, Alpha Centauri, and Psi Velorum who often claim how they traveled for many years across many lightyears just searching for a new home, because they were most often kicked out of their homeworld by the highly xenophobic Devore Empire, the very same race who kept searching Voyager for Telepaths in the episode "Counterpoint".

Those races do have wormholes as an opyion of getting across the Galaxy. Even if the Kazon found one, they'd be too busy fighting each other for control of the wormhole to establish a threatening presence in the Alpha Quadrant.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dameos1976dameos1976 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not so sure they need to introduce any new "player choice races" as much as simply expand on the "Alien" character design choices, what i would like more to see is more options for skill sets, to make a truly unique character, as it stands right now, i would say 50% of the skills out there are useless.

I mean, if your going to avoid ground combat, in a PvP sense, it is pointless to take any of the ground abilities, and along those same lines, i would say 80% of the content is space based, and they only have maybe 10 space based skills, with the rest being ground.

So adding in some kind of option for ground or space encounter, when exploring the clusters would be a GREAT start.

sorry got a little off topic, but overall aside from MAJOR cosmetic changes like adding a 3rd arm, or a 2nd head, you can make some pretty unique character designs. a better color pallet or more options would be awesome.
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Off the top of my head, I know quite a few people have been waiting for Benzite Boffs, they are playable and have Doffs, but no Boffs. It would be nice to see Deltans as playable with Boffs as well.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    Blurp, Blurp!

ETA: Also, Binars!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I want Efrosians, as per my avatar. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Blurp, Blurp!

ETA: Also, Binars!

"Image hosted by Tripod." :P
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Kazon: Pointless - they're just wannabe Klingons

Vidian: No point - with the Phage cured, what would you do with them? To quote dialouge from 'Think Tank' - "you wouldn't recognize them now," - this insinuates that they had returned to their pre-phage pursuits, ideals, and morals.

And Talaxians? Why? just...... why?

Would be interesting to see the Vaadwaur (from 'Dragons Teeth') - dialouge from the episode suggested that approximately fifty Vaadwaur fighters, according to astrometric readings, managed to escape into the subspace corridors. The rest were left fighting the Turei. Certainly a storyline that could be expanded upon.

The Voth could be interesting too.

Kazon: With their completely de-centralized, completely renegade society I think they would be very interesting.

Vidiian: I've been dying to get closure on what happened to them after George Costanza cured the phage

Talaxians: meh.. they're.. people I guess.

Voth: Hell yea

Vaadwaur: yep

Ocompa [Added] - Be cool to actually have an Ocompan BOFF for their telekenetic abilities.
  • pinoirpinoir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Going to have to agree

Voth
    Xindi

I doubt either ever becomes playable, but content involving them or BOs for them would be pretty crazy.