test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

With the renaming of Speeds above warp 10..

fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
So now speeds above warp 10 show "Transwarp" in sector space, should the assimilate engines also be renamed to no longer reflect "Assimilated SUBtranswarp Engines" ?
Post edited by fiberteksyfir on

Comments

• amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So now speeds above warp 10 show "Transwarp" in sector space, should the assimilate engines also be renamed to no longer reflect "Assimilated SUBtranswarp Engines" ?

Technically... yes... and no.

Yes, because they affect your Warp speeds...

No because they are technically Impulse Engines, and go in the Impulse slot...
    7NGGeUP.png

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Technically... yes... and no.

Yes, because they affect your Warp speeds...

No because they are technically Impulse Engines, and go in the Impulse slot...

Agreed.

Plus it isn't like they are moving you instantly or anything to somewhere, like actual transwarp drive does. So you're not moving at the 'teleporting' speeds of that, hence, Subtranswarp still.

It'd be cool to have them affect your transwarp cool downs or something though.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Rumor has it Cryptic Geko is an actual Warp 10 human-space-lizard-baby hatchling! :eek:

He is proof travel above Warp 10 exists in STO no matter how they rename it. He can also save you 15% or more on starship insurance, but that is a topic for another thread.