test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spending Fleet Credits

lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
Does anyone know if Fleet Credits have to be spent in the Fleet they were earned in? If you have, say, 20000 Fleet Creds and you leave that fleet and join another fleet are they spendable in the new fleet? It seems they must be but the question was recently raised in fleet discussion and thought I would ask here and see of anyone has a definite answer? Thanks...
*STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
Post edited by lomax6996 on

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Fleet credits, once earned, stay to that character, even if you are kicked out, they stay.

Now a leaderboard position is fleet-bound, so if you join another fleet, you start at 0 on that.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • captainkirk300captainkirk300 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nothing good seems to be able to be purchased so far and what's big deal with fleet ships are they really that good?
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nothing good seems to be able to be purchased so far and what's big deal with fleet ships are they really that good?

The fleet ships are a significant upgrade to current equivalent ships ... its just the Fleet Ship Module that sucks.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    The fleet ships are a significant upgrade to current equivalent ships ... its just the Fleet Ship Module that sucks.

Which are available on the exchange for about 5 million each last time I checked.
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the info, I was pretty sure they stayed with you and were spendable in any fleet but wanted some verification.

I'm not terribly impressed with the Fleet ships/Fleet base only ship currently offered... with the exception of the K'Tinga Retrofit! YAYYYYYYYY... next best thing to a true Connie Retrofit is this lovely darlin'... now gotta get one fer my Klingon's, bless 'em!
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • ikenstein1ikenstein1 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In a big fleet there is no way to spend the fleet marks. The projects get filled instantly. You are left with a bunch of worthless credits and nothing to do with them.

To be honest I don't see why another two currencies were needed. We already had gold plated latinum, dilithium, Atari credits and energy credits. Why do we need fleet marks and fleet credits as well?
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If anyone needs some place to use up fleet marks, please let me know. liliana@theapparatus in game.

thanks
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

nothing good huh? Take a look through the quartermaster on the base - triage center + forward outpost together can turn the Hard ground tholian mission to easy as pi.

the ultra rare ground weapons are nothing to sneeze at either. beam in tactical npc's for extra fire power, beam in sci npc's for healing spam gone wild, fleet wide ship heals, etc - lot's of good stuff in that base besides Ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Now a leaderboard position is fleet-bound, so if you join another fleet, you start at 0 on that.

I am severely disappoint at that.