test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not possible to Customize: Scourge Destroyer Retrofit

attizzattizz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Klingon Discussion
Hello Dev`s!

I know it`s not a major problem and there are over things to do on the Klingon fraction, but I just got the Scourge Destroyer Retrofit and I'am not able to customize it. When I try it shows me right after the beginning, that I have to pay 1500 Zen just to hit the ok button (without changing something). I really would like to give my ship a little bit more color and another bridge, but it`s not possible. The 1500 Zen charge is not disappearing.

First of all: It is a beauty! Thanks for that ship (I will have to change my signature for it). But I think the same problem can show up with the fleet version (Fleet Scourge Destroyer?).

(BTW: I hope it is the right section of the forum :o)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"What are his rights in this century? Will there be a trial or shall I execute him?" - Worf
Post edited by attizz on

Comments

• ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seems you have the ship and not the C-store version, and the game thinks you're trying to use a costume option you don't have. When you press the button with the Z mark, does it actually ask you to purchase the Scourge Destroyer? I have this issue sometimes because I have the DS9 single-character costume unlock from the old Cardie boxes, but often when I use them, the tailor thinks I have to buy it [and thus shows "this will cost Zen"] but doesn't actually prompt me to buy anything, only asks if I'm sure I want the changes.

Try making your changes, if you get a prompt to buy the Scourge, then I've no other ideas for a workaround.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Most of the "cool" ships are like that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • cthulhuslawyercthulhuslawyer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ssargon wrote: »
    Seems you have the ship and not the C-store version, and the game thinks you're trying to use a costume option you don't have. When you press the button with the Z mark, does it actually ask you to purchase the Scourge Destroyer? I have this issue sometimes because I have the DS9 single-character costume unlock from the old Cardie boxes, but often when I use them, the tailor thinks I have to buy it [and thus shows "this will cost Zen"] but doesn't actually prompt me to buy anything, only asks if I'm sure I want the changes.

Try making your changes, if you get a prompt to buy the Scourge, then I've no other ideas for a workaround.

I have the same problem.It wont even let you click the purchase button, its grayed out. The only option is to waste 15 buck for a color scheme....
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't know a special KDF side non-Klingon ship with options for material selection. I believe you can select some limited differences such as yellow or green glow on the 2 lower level Nausicaan ships. Definitely not on the Garumba. No choices on the Fed side with the D'Kyr, and Atrox.

----added later----

Actually the Atrox does provide choices for patterns, but not material.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm having the same issue, also with the Scourge Retrofit (the 200,000 fleet credit ship, not the 20,000 + 4 modules one) but I'd assume the problem applies to the actual Fleet version as well. I also noticed that there are only a handful of different decal patterns available even if I did choose to pay to unlock them, compared with the 20 or so you can usually pick from.
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    I don't know a special KDF side non-Klingon ship with options for material selection. I believe you can select some limited differences such as yellow or green glow on the 2 lower level Nausicaan ships. Definitely not on the Garumba. No choices on the Fed side with the D'Kyr, and Atrox.

----added later----

Actually the Atrox does provide choices for patterns, but not material.

The D'kora and Orb Weaver have skin and decal options on the KDF side. Changing the D'kora skin even changes the colour of the engines and side... thingies.

The pattern on the Orb Weaver can be hard to notice if you're not in brightly lit areas, but it's definitely there, although all the colours on your applied patterns have a blue tinge to them.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Interestingly enough, the Vandal has an alternate skin, yet Scourge lacks one.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In all of the tiers this is the only ship that interests me. Between performance deficiency and disinterest due to preference of playstyle that's it for me. I picked it up and shelled for 4 modules. At that cost nothing more is even remotely appealing.

I find it irksome there is no "fleet skin". If it were a fed ship I'd have every confidence it was a technical error or an unintentional omission. It is a KDF ship. They couldn't be bothered. While the bridge set up works for me and it's a nice piece of design in my eyes the change in values to upscale could have been jotted on a napkin over lunch and entered into the database on return.

So, I purchased my fleet ship and I had assumed a novel fleet skin. The one skin that doesn't actually have a name apart from a file name/ placeholder is lonely and could use the company. And take the time to label that one something crazy like, "material 1" so I'll be tricked into thinking you actually care.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I need no new skin, as I have discovered that the Scourge with the Jemmy set visuals is just about the sexiest thing in this game. :cool:

Wish I could change my bridge though. :(
  • shadowaxxshadowaxx Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    capnmanx wrote: »
    I need no new skin, as I have discovered that the Scourge with the Jemmy set visuals is just about the sexiest thing in this game. :cool:

Wish I could change my bridge though. :(

The Jemmy set really makes any ship look pretty cool. I love the look on the D'Kora, especially when running polaron weapons.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think mine looks awesome with the KHG set but sadly that wasn't my point.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• astroglideawayastroglideaway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well its now june and no fix in sight apparently, guess cryptic has once again forgotten about us players, too busy fixing romulan bugs to bother with us.