test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let us use Tholian Steamers on Nukara!

denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Just started checking out the arachnid pets today. I got a sand leaper with my lobi, and I liked it a lot. So I bought a box on the exchange and got a 'Tholian Steamer', a hot-environment spider that has some superficial similarities to tholians.

The description says it's from an extremely hot and caustic environment, so why not allow it to be used on Nukara? Sure, it's possible that its heat threshold is a bit lower than actual tholians, but it sure would make sense to let it run around in the heat.

For that matter, non-combat hortas should be able to take the environment. Guess the system just disallows noncombat pets as a category. But it would be nifty if they could update the system to allow a few select breeds who can handle the heat.
Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
, Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by denizenvi on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    that and add them to the planet as a wildlife npc that just roams around and is "neutral" to both the tholians and players.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • loikolaloikola Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I actually second that but how many different arachnids are available from the lobi store...i got the steamer also and its very cool
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Do the boxes actually list the Steamer or is it a random chance to get one?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Do the boxes actually list the Steamer or is it a random chance to get one?

Opening the arachnoid companion pack rewards a random pet crate which is tradeable on the exchange. I never bought a single thing from the Tholian Lobi Store yet and have 3 spiders and some other stuff from exchange that belong on the Lobi Store. Found Crystal Spinner, Tholian Steamer (thank to this thread), and Desert Leaper (listed as Sand Leaper in exchange). Crystal Spinner and Tholian Steamer have the same look, but different color schemes. Desert Leaper is fatter and bigger. Desert Leaper and Crystal Spinner are from rare crates, but the pets are uncommon. The Tholian Steamer is from a very rare crate, but the pet is rare. Only found the Tholian Steamer from the very rare section of the exchange by looking for Special Requistion Pack, but there is too many rare and uncommon Special Requistion Packs to find other spider variations.
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There's also a Talarian hook spider from an uncommon crate. I assume it just looks like the ones you fight in the dark on Drozana and elsewhere.

I bought an unopened box and randomly got a crate for a steamer, which I then opened.

Conjoined

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Are they all the same color Tholian orange?

If different, what colors do you know of?

I have the Talarian hook spider, it is the same as the ones on Drozana.
    edited July 2012
    Are they all the same color Tholian orange?

If different, what colors do you know of?

All the spiders are different colors. Steamers are tholian orange, but not really crystalline. Spinners are an icy bluish-grey, and Leapers are a dull sandy tan. Hook spiders, from their crates, look magenta and yellow, like the ones you fight.

Unlike the mastiff puppies, there are more than one body type. So Steamers and Spinners are both small with the same skinny abdomen, but Leapers are squat and have a large, round abdomen. They remind me of the Desert Acari, and they might even have the same model.

Conjoined

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    So the large abdomen spiders are squat.

Are the smally abdomen spiders taller like the Tholians?

Are the Spinners crystalline?
    edited July 2012
    So the large abdomen spiders are squat.

Are the smally abdomen spiders taller like the Tholians?

Are the Spinners crystalline?

Basically, the Sand Leapers are like this.

The smaller spiders are both the same shape as the Gli'karna ice spiders from 'Frozen'.

The Spinners have an icy texture, while the Steamers have an orange texture that resembles tholians, but isn't crystal itself. Neither is obviously crystalline like the tholians, but their textures aren't normal animal textures and certainly fit with their extreme environments.

Conjoined

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Desert Leaper = Nopada Desert Akari.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd use my Tholian Steamer, but I left it in Cleveland...
    edited July 2012
    I decided on a Crystal Spinner.

You can get them by searching "Crystal Spinner" under "Any Rank" and "Any Quality" "Sort by Price."

He was a bit over 1 million EC compared to the identical just orange Tholian Steamer that is currently at 11 million?

Thank You all for the help.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can't be the only one that keeps thinking of a Cleveland Steamer whenever I see Tholian Steamer...

...don't google that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can't be the only one that keeps thinking of a Cleveland Steamer whenever I see Tholian Steamer...

...don't google that.

Nope. The guy above beat us to it. Maybe next round, there will be a Ferengi Trombone or a Dirty Undine for lobi store items.

As for the rest of you, direphoenix just pooped on your chest.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
    edited July 2012
    Nope. The guy above beat us to it. Maybe next round, there will be a Ferengi Trombone or a Dirty Undine for lobi store items.

As for the rest of you, direphoenix just pooped on your chest.

OT, but it reminds me of the funniest XBL handle I saw in a halo game. The guy was 'TRIBBLE on my chest', and so when you hit him with a sticky grenade, it said 'You stuck TRIBBLE on my chest'.

Ah, the things you find hilarious late at night in videogames.

Conjoined

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I still remember the early days of STO where poo was in the game.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stararmy wrote: »
    I still remember the early days of STO where poo was in the game.

Lmao. I remember seeing that from time to time myself and wondering wtf is it.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • miles2177miles2177 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello everyone

I have a question. I want to buy a tholian steamer but i don't know how they look like. If there is someone who could show me a picture or describe how it looks. thanks:confused: